Odyssey on sale!

Kokomo91165

4 hours ago, timf2001 said:

The site probably just copied the Spectrum plans and was passing them off as Odyssey.  The Gold & Silver dining rooms and lounges are special for China.  The real Odyssey deck plans don't have any of the specialty dining venues labeled, but there are two open spaces next to the Windjammer.

Several features are unique to Odyssey.  Deck 13 aft Concierge Lounge for example - Spectrum doesn't have that.  Deck 13 forward has cabins on Odyssey where Spectrum has an elevator within the golden area and a bunch of grand suites not present on Odyssey.  There are several distinct differences on decks 14 to 16 forward.  Having said that these are preliminary deck plans and subject to change.  

Make no mistake the design is final at this point, it's just a matter of them updating public facing documents.

I priced the 8 night Southern and it was $3300 for a Obstructed View balcony for 2.  When Quantum came out, I booked the first 12 night cruise in the same category and it was $300 less.  I also could drive to the port.  With this cruise I would have to fly.  Not worth it IMO.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dsvd79 said:

I priced the 8 night Southern and it was $3300 for a Obstructed View balcony for 2.  When Quantum came out, I booked the first 12 night cruise in the same category and it was $300 less.  I also could drive to the port.  With this cruise I would have to fly.  Not worth it IMO.  

I mean, strictly speaking you don't have to fly to any US cruise port except Hawaii, you'd just have to add on an extra day of travel to and from. My husband drove from Cherry Hill, New Jersey to PC for a Freedom of the Seas cruise before we were married.

I lease my vehicle so driving is not an option.  

Here is the price I got with the Diamond Plus Discount.  Way over priced. But again, that is my opinion.

image.thumb.png.c8fe2ca4ef60eb0e03bb536a150a8638.png

Especially when you go an extra day on Explorer for less.  This is the cheapest balcony like above with D+ discount.  I could fly and break even then.

image.thumb.png.f01153295669a2411821a53c40268455.png

• Like 1

Yeah, I do feel it's overall quite overpriced, but at the same time it feels like prices in general have been going up. We were looking at 2020 Alaska cruises and the shoulder season prices are more than what we paid for peak summer a couple years ago.

Other cruises though we've still snagged great deals on, no real rhyme or reason to it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

Several features are unique to Odyssey.  Deck 13 aft Concierge Lounge for example - Spectrum doesn't have that.  Deck 13 forward has cabins on Odyssey where Spectrum has an elevator within the golden area and a bunch of grand suites not present on Odyssey.  There are several distinct differences on decks 14 to 16 forward.  Having said that these are preliminary deck plans and subject to change.  

Make no mistake the design is final at this point, it's just a matter of them updating public facing documents.

Odyssey definitely has some unique features. It's interesting that it's seems there are several more JS on this ship and way less GS compared to other Quantum Class. The other thing I noticed is, were on the other sister ships you had a JS at the start of one of the humps before the Spa JS, on Odyssey that ares is two balcony cabins (e.g. 13630 and 13632). Those cabins cost more because of he balcony size. It will be interning to see what those spaces are on deck 15 and 16 forward. 

9 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Odyssey definitely has some unique features. It's interesting that it's seems there are several more JS on this ship and way less GS compared to other Quantum Class. The other thing I noticed is, were on the other sister ships you had a JS at the start of one of the humps before the Spa JS, on Odyssey that ares is two balcony cabins (e.g. 13630 and 13632). Those cabins cost more because of he balcony size. It will be interning to see what those spaces are on deck 15 and 16 forward. 

Yeah I am wondering about the hump JS on Odyssey.  On Spectrum it works because of all the GS on deck 13 in the Golden area.  As is they've lost some OS and GS.  

Also the silver dining and lounge from Spectrum are not identified on Odyssey.  Then there is that Concierge Lounge on deck 13.  What?  Never thought I'd see a CL on a brand new ship.  

I'd be surprised if the current plans are the final deck plans.  

42 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yeah I am wondering about the hump JS on Odyssey.  On Spectrum it works because of all the GS on deck 13 in the Golden area.  As is they've lost some OS and GS.  

Also the silver dining and lounge from Spectrum are not identified on Odyssey.  Then there is that Concierge Lounge on deck 13.  What?  Never thought I'd see a CL on a brand new ship.  

I'd be surprised if the current plans are the final deck plans.  

I am also surprised about the CL. I thought they were taken them out and replacing them with Suite Lounges on other ships. Although having a CL is a much better use of that space than a having it as a Conference Center. Maybe the CL will be the Silver Dining and Lounge for Odyssey. I can't imag them not having that and or Coastal Kitchen (or something new and better/different).

By the way, great and beautiful pictures you took on your Ovation OTS cruise to Alaska. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 232271 said:

Do they do anything special on the Inaugural Cruises?? Never tried one before.

Yes

You are the first person to put your clothes on the coat-hangers, and underwear in the drawers

You are the first person to sleep in your bed

You are the first person to walk around on the carpet bare footed

Unless they put up a pre-inaugural, of course 😉

I didn't read all of the posts. But a site I looked at had the majority of the balcony cabins at 119 sq ft! Is that accurate? Only 2 categories were 182 sq ft with larger balconies. I haven't had a cabin that small (119) since I had an inside on the Monarch. Are they crazy? 

Just now, Host Clarea said:

I don't see how that can be accurate.

Ok. I use an app that I can look up cruises quickly then go to the source (RC) but it is easier on my app to look around than on RCs website. I will dig further. The app wouldn't let me put more than 1 kid in my room either so it must have some links for that ship.  

5 minutes ago, nicstress said:

I didn't read all of the posts. But a site I looked at had the majority of the balcony cabins at 119 sq ft! Is that accurate? Only 2 categories were 182 sq ft with larger balconies. I haven't had a cabin that small (119) since I had an inside on the Monarch. Are they crazy? 

From what I have read on here it's the solo balconies that are 119 square feet

On 9/13/2019 at 5:44 AM, ONECRUISER said:

The Studio Balcony cabins are 119sq, Same on Ovation and Spectrum... Now reg Balcony Cabins Cat D & E are 198sq, Cat C are 177sq

They aren't listed as Studio Balconies at 119.  They are listed as obstructed ocean view balcony and then ocean view balcony.  Only once you get to OCean view with large balcony are they even 182 square feet from what I am seeing. Where are you seeing 198 SF and 177?

17 hours ago, dsvd79 said:

I lease my vehicle so driving is not an option.  

Here is the price I got with the Diamond Plus Discount.  Way over priced. But again, that is my opinion.

image.thumb.png.c8fe2ca4ef60eb0e03bb536a150a8638.png

Especially when you go an extra day on Explorer for less.  This is the cheapest balcony like above with D+ discount.  I could fly and break even then.

image.thumb.png.f01153295669a2411821a53c40268455.png

And even this with the D+ discount still shows the Odyssey balcony cabin as being 119 SF, and Explorer 164 SF.  If this is accurate, I wouldn't care how new the ship is- that's a tiny cabin. 

33 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

And even this with the D+ discount still shows the Odyssey balcony cabin as being 119 SF, and Explorer 164 SF.  If this is accurate, I wouldn't care how new the ship is- that's a tiny cabin. 

They are not 119 sq fr.  they are the same size as Anthem, Quantum, Ovation and Spectrum. 

F9A7560E-E318-4109-8868-928164D0D355.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach