Odyssey on sale!

Kokomo91165

1 hour ago, Robinhill said:

I paid $931 for 5 night (first cruise following the inaugural cruise ) for a solo balcony.  :0  It is on the US website but if you search for the ship- it is not listed.  You have to put in either 2-5 nights or 6-8 and then November 2020 and then you will the 4 night inaugural cruise, the 5 night on Nov 9 and then the 6 night after that.

Was that a Studio balcony or a 150% supplement price

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Looks like studio, non-refundable. The inaugural I still see it for $965 on cruisingpower, but on the 5 night it says non-refundable isn't available and has the refundable rate at close to $2k.

Last night I did notice the non-refundable was well less than half the cost of the refundable for studio balconies; I suspect it was a price glitch

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's the price I get for solo with the 150% supplement on the 5 night Nov 9th-  It was $600 plus for refundable.  Same sailing balcony for 2 comes to a bit oer $1900 with only $99 for refundable.

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That's the price I get for solo with the 150% supplement on the 5 night Nov 9th-  It was $600 plus for refundable.  Same sailing balcony for 2 comes to a bit oer $1900 with only $99 for refundable.

that is the studio balcony John

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Inconclusive

Why?

They booked 2 ports and that matches with the timing and the brochure.....I think that is VERY conclusive!

Let's face it - it is ONLY the BAHAMAS Inaugural....a marketing thing to make people believe they get something special and fall for it - folks are easy to manipulate....🙄🤣

Screenshot_20190903-110144_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

So actually they will arrive on October 4th - will have a 1 night media cruise and then will have the "Inaugural Bahamas"🙄🤣cruise....sounds VERY conclusive to me!👍😎

She will have been well used by the time passengers are allowed on - November 5th!😂😋

Nice try.  A- for effort, B for creativity.  

35 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just booked this quickly.   Studio balcony.   The discount they applied was my C&A D+ balcony disount and the BOGO50 discount.    I have over 340 C&A points now.   Am I also eligible for the 150% single supplement?     That would be awesome if I could apply that as well.  I have heard you have to call them to apply that discount.     

Thanks.

Just now, Trekker954 said:

I just booked this quickly.   Studio balcony.   The discount they applied was my C&A D+ balcony disount and the BOGO50 discount.    I have over 340 C&A points now.   Am I also eligible for the 150% single supplement?     That would be awesome if I could apply that as well.  I have heard you have to call them to apply that discount.     

Thanks.

I don't think studios charge the single supplement

2 minutes ago, Trekker954 said:

Thanks.

Don't know about studios but you don't have to call  when you get to the page where you enter your C and A number next to it is a promo code box  put in DP340 and it will calculate the discount for you

Edited by molly361

9 minutes ago, Trekker954 said:

Thanks.

I didn't see any change with DP340 applied for a 2F (Studio Balcony).  C&A balcony discount saved a few bucks but not much.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

I didn't see any change with DP340 applied for a 2F (Studio Balcony).  C&A balcony discount saved a few bucks but not much.  

DP340 only applies to staterooms with a single supplement.  Studio staterooms have no single supplement, nor do they get extra C&A points for solo cruisers.

10 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Good suggestion! We will see!👍😎

Don't get me wrong, I've kept my fall clear for such a TA but at the moment I don't see it.

Thirteen months to go from the current state to handover is a tall order.  I suspect they are holding those dates to have contractors on the TA to finish it.  If the stars align they could handover early but then they are losing precious time to sell the TA with every passing day. 

Bad timing as they have Allure and Anthem coming back in the same timeframe.  They won't fill three megaships all doing TA's within a few weeks of each other.  By leaving the Odyssey as non-rev they won't have mass defections from Allure or Anthem to pile on Odyssey so it protects and maximizes revenue. 

This way they can use the TA as a non-rev shakedown cruise to fix all the little things that pop up once the ship is flexing in the open sea.    

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

DP340 only applies to staterooms with a single supplement.  Studio staterooms have no single supplement, nor do they get extra C&A points for solo cruisers.

Yep.  Hope to be over 700 by then so single points and a $600 savings from an 8D balcony are okay for me.  Snagged a bigger balcony 2F for the win.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Thirteen months to go from the current state to handover is a tall order.  I suspect they are holding those dates to have contractors on the TA to finish it.  If the stars align they could handover early but then they are losing precious time to sell the TA with every passing day. 

Meyer is very well known to deliver early! 👍

They do so many ships that size!

They are a German company and know how to do business and customer satisfaction! 👍😎

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, awestover89 said:

Selfish, but I'm really hoping November 5 will be the actual first revenue sailing, since I can actually make this one (with a B2B med cruise in May and 2 week Australia/NZ in February 2021, no way I could make a TA work like we did for Symphony) Would be super cool to be on the first actual sailing of a new ship.

I hope so as well.  With my wife still working there no way we could do a TA.  Even this one is not ideal andvsll require few unpaid days but it's as good as it is going to get for us.  See you on board.