Recent ocean blue offerings

dbrown84

33 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Am so happy to hear that you can use your SDP credit for Ocean Blue.  Their Surf and Turf is outstanding.

Next question....do you still have to wear long pants when dining in Ocean Blue?

In August on the Breakaway, my Surf and Turf was not that great. The lobster tail was alright but my steak was way undercooked. They took it back and microwaved it. That made it go from bad to worse. I’ve had some really nice meals in Ocean Blue but not that time. As far as a dress code, men are suppose to wear pants but the guy at the table sitting next to us had shorts on. His key card on the table was a Haven card so maybe Haven guests aren’t required to abide to dress codes.

16 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

In August on the Breakaway, my Surf and Turf was not that great. The lobster tail was alright but my steak was way undercooked. They took it back and microwaved it. That made it go from bad to worse. I’ve had some really nice meals in Ocean Blue but not that time. As far as a dress code, men are suppose to wear pants but the guy at the table sitting next to us had shorts on. His key card on the table was a Haven card so maybe Haven guests aren’t required to abide to dress codes.

Thanks for the update.

I’ve only eaten the Ocean Blue Surf and Turf once, and it was very good. I’ll keep an eye out for others on the ship who order it.

I noticed on the Escape, I was able to eat in LeBistro with shorts.  That used to be a “long pants” venue, too.  I wasn’t in the Haven, either.

So, sounds like NCL is really loosening dress requirements in the other Specialty Dining Restaurants, too.  

I applaud that!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks for the update.

I’ve only eaten the Ocean Blue Surf and Turf once, and it was very good. I’ll keep an eye out for others on the ship who order it.

I noticed on the Escape, I was able to eat in LeBistro with shorts.  That used to be a “long pants” venue, too.  I wasn’t in the Haven, either.

So, sounds like NCL is really loosening dress requirements in the other Specialty Dining Restaurants, too.  

I applaud that!

If that’s true, that would make me very happy. I hate wearing pants on a Caribbean cruise, actually any cruise lol.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks for the update.

I applaud that!

Last week on the Escape, I received a voicemail message reminding me of my LeBistro reservation and that long pants are required and we were in the Haven. We also had Surf and Turf in Bayamo, and it was excellent. I didn't receive a message about our Bayamo reservation.

Edited by Falckon

1 hour ago, gmbhardy said:

Well when the lowest price room in the Haven area goes for 6,880.00 for two- you will dress how you want.

33 minutes ago, Rahi said:

Well when the lowest price room in the Haven area goes for 6,880.00 for two- you will dress how you want.

Who told you that?

I’m sailing on the Breakaway in a Haven Spa Suite next week for just under $4K and I get all the perks!

46 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Le Bistro plus

Ocean Blue or

Bayamo or

Aft Main Dining Room

thanks for this.  I didn't stop to think it could be specific to the ship.  On the Breakaway, it's Le Bistro and the Aft Main dining room

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Who told you that?

I’m sailing on the Breakaway in a Haven Spa Suite next week for just under $4K and I get all the perks!

That is what I am paying for the H5 room on the Bliss in Feb 2020

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rahi said:

Actually not. 

But,,,, you can have an Ocean Blue dinner in your dressing gown and bath slippers, served in your room by your butler, if you want to be casual. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

As far as a dress code, men are suppose to wear pants but the guy at the table sitting next to us had shorts on. His key card on the table was a Haven card so maybe Haven guests aren’t required to abide to dress codes.

Whoops...I wore shorts to Ocean Blue on our last cruise in the Haven. Not being elitist, I just genuinely didn’t realize you needed pants. I did dress up for Le Bistro for what it’s worth! 😎

4 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Someone just off the Breakaway said they had a King Crab Leg appetizer.  (See post 4 below) I think they may still be tweaking (and improving?) the menu.  

Crab legs are actually the "old" menu. I suppose that the "fleetwide menus" are not quite fleet wide yet.