Putting stuff on the outside of doors

KrakedMask

So I haven't sailed in 15 years but going on the Sunrise in a few weeks! There are 12 of us going, scattered all over the boat and knowing this group probably won't remember where every room is. To solve this issue I was thinking of getting something to put on the outside of each of our doors to make it a little easier to find out friends.

Are you allowed to tape or hang stuff from the outside of your door? It wouldn't be anything more than a card or something

My wife brought a Pull off 3 M wall hanger thingy.

And double sides tape a few weeks ago.

I added a 2nd piece of the double sides for the bottom of the board so it wouldn't move around when opening and closing.

We started to write funny notes to Our Room steward midweek..........

He enjoyed it.

412.thumb.jpg.42416f131c4e4d66dff9989813837656.jpg

It's also a good idea to print out everyone's room # on an old fashioned sheet of paper. If you've got inexperienced cruisers, then adding the telno (for example to get room D501 you might need to dial 12501) can help as well. Markings on the door are great but if someone doesn't know the room number then they're still going to have a hard time finding it. The info can also be stored on a note on a phone.

Some cruise ship doors are magnetic, so we sometimes see kid's fridge magnets spelling out names and such.

Get some poster tack at Dollar Tree to stick a card on the door.  Or command tape.  Definitely no Scotch tape or similar.  If the door is magnetic, then obviously magnets work well.  We put a white board and decorations on our door to be cute 🙂

I belong to a group on another social media site that is all about door decor. Tons of fun ideas, pictures etc. The ONLY RECOMMENDED type of adhesive are the 3m command strips and hooks....or some equivalent. I think there is a cheapo version available at some of the dollar stores. Sticky tack etc is not to be used...nor tape of any sort. It leaves residue and the last thing that any of us want are the hard working housekeepers to be trying to remove the gunk from the doors. Some times magnets work but not always. The material hung up is also supposed to be flame retardant. Our group tries to go with the guidelines so that decorating is completely banned which is always a possibility. Somewhere on the Carnival site, all of these guidelines are mentioned. 

Deb

13 hours ago, djb78 said:

It's also a good idea to print out everyone's room # on an old fashioned sheet of paper. If you've got inexperienced cruisers, then adding the telno (for example to get room D501 you might need to dial 12501) can help as well. Markings on the door are great but if someone doesn't know the room number then they're still going to have a hard time finding it. The info can also be stored on a note on a phone.

Some cruise ship doors are magnetic, so we sometimes see kid's fridge magnets spelling out names and such.

I also printed a list with everyone's cabin numbers on nautical or beach paper for my group.  OP - have your group take a picture of the "Phone/Cabin" list for convenience.

Happy Sails! 🛳️

I don't know if it's still available on this site or not but there use to be a door decoration that was a picture of a port hole and you could put your names on it and it mentioned that you were a member of Cruise Critic.  Possibly one of the hosts on this site can tell if it's still on here somewhere.

Our last cruise we took a sign and a pennant banner and used command strip hooks to hang them.

Worked like a champ!

We just had so much fun we never bothered taking a picture of them!

We're taking them on this next cruise so I will post a photo when we get back.