Using a FCC help

minnie00

Our very recent experience:

We were booked on the Harmony cruise (that was shortened)...Royal offered us to take the short cruise or cancel in place of an FCC. Took the cancel and FCC option. 2 FCC's (one in each passenger's name) were emailed within 4 to 5 days.

Called Royal and booked the Allure that was going in 3 days. They applied FCC to the new cruise. There was no extra cost, no deposit since it was only 3 days to cruise, it was total payment. Amount left over on each FCC was moved to/applied to a future cruise for Feb 2020.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pcur said:

Can you book the cruise and pay for the tips, or insurance, at the time of booking? The total would be over the FCC.  Would that work?

Again, I think we need one of our resident travel agents to chime in. 

I thought the FCC had to be applied to an existing booking, and for a booking to exist, it has to have the deposit paid, or has to be paid in full if beyond final payment date.  Perhaps they can create a booking and apply the FCC all at once, but I'm not sure about that.

17 hours ago, minnie00 said:

So i have my FCC from myshortened Harmony cruise...so wondering if..my cruise credit is 2000 and the cruise i want to book is 2000...do i have to pay anything out of pocket? Thx 

You only pay the taxes! 👍

They will ask for a deposit and refund the deposit after the FCC is applied...!👍

You will struggle to get points for the cruise so.....that will happen once you complained a LOT!🙄

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I have read a few other posts from people that say they have been able to apply the FCC to more than one already booked cruise as payments

You can apply to one cruise at a time....once that cruise is over - it takes about 2 weeks to get the new FCC for the leftover....so a B2B would not work!🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik