New Onboard Spa Vendor - Serene Spa & Wellness

Mtns2Lakes

Just received the email announcing Serene Spa & Wellness as the apparent replacement for Canyon Ranch. The email states it will be across their fleet by January 25, 2020.

Does anyone have experience with this provider?

Edited by Mtns2Lakes
add rollout info

Kind of a non-issue for me as I don’t use the spa services, but as long as they do no harm and don’t push for double tips I’m cool with it.

Wonder if they’re going to offer healthy menu choices on the CR menu like Canyon Ranch did.  It’d be odd if they didn’t.

I believe The Apollo Group provides all the onboard "Hotel Services" (i.e., Pursers, Reception, Housekeeping, Sanitation and Waste Management, and Food and Beverage services). So, I wondered if they had added spa services to their menu.

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Wonder if they’re going to offer healthy menu choices on the CR menu like Canyon Ranch did.  It’d be odd if they didn’t.

No. They are switching to Regents own brand of "Plant Based" menu. They were introducing it on the Mariner last week.

J

4 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

No, but I would bet they keep the same people they now have doing the work.  How good or bad they will be will depend on how good the management team is at training and company policies they have.  

Seriously doubt if they would keep the same people that currently work for Canyon Ranch as they are the problem.  Talk about training - some of them don't even know what services they provide (had to show them from their list of services).  Really glad to be getting rid of Canyon Ranch and can only hope that that the employees of the new company are friendlier, more knowledgeable and do not try to sell you anything extra!

As far as a Q&A session - I wouldn't hold my breath!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Travelcat2

3 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Kind of a non-issue for me as I don’t use the spa services, but as long as they do no harm and don’t push for double tips I’m cool with it.

OK, but if you don't use the spa 😎 do you really eat off the healthy choices menu😁just asking---not judging 😥

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

OK, but if you don't use the spa 😎 do you really eat off the healthy choices menu😁just asking---not judging 😥

Yes and usually much stricter.

I may come on as a passenger but I have no desire to go off as  cargo.  😉

J

• Like 1

Serene has to be an improvement.  I thought Canyon Ranch was too expensive for the service, they tried too hard to sell their products and were not friendly which was such a contrast to all others who worked on the ship. 

I thought Regent already announced that Canyon Ranch was being replaced by Steiner. I think Serene is just the name they are calling it on the Regent ships, but managed by Steiner. Apparently Steiner has operated at sea for over 50 years, so let's see what they bring with services and pricing. I agree, the Canyon Ranch prices have been a bit over the top!

I love the unbridled optimism that makes people think spa services will be less expensive.  I’m going to go out on a limb here and predict that we’ll be lucky if the prices stay the same...I’d guess a slight increase, actually.

But I AM a bit of a pessimist sometimes...

• Like 6

I hope they are different from Steiner. In the past, Steiner had hair dressers trained on European hair. On our last cruise (not Regent), the young lady's specialty was Asian 'long hair wedding coiffures'. She did not have the cutting techniques necessary to do a good job with my hair. And the masseuse was just horrible, the worst ever. 

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

I love the unbridled optimism that makes people think spa services will be less expensive.  I’m going to go out on a limb here and predict that we’ll be lucky if the prices stay the same...I’d guess a slight increase, actually.

But I AM a bit of a pessimist sometimes...

I'm thinking I wouldn't take that bet with you---thinking your right on!!!!!!!!