Coffee Maker in Neptune Suite? Eurodam

marluvs2go

Here's what it looks like.  They use a small pod similar to a Nespresso machine (not like a Keurig).  They replenish regular and decaf pods (no choice of flavors and they are more like espresso than coffee).  They also keep the area stocked with sugar, sweeteners, creamer, coffee cups and spoons.  Apparently you can also run water through it to have hot water to make tea (using tea bags from the Neptune Lounge or Lido).

The Neptune Suite on Zuiderdam

Edited by zelker
  • Like 4

We had two coffee cups, two smaller espresso sized cups too.   Each cabin cleaning, we got refills for regular, decaf and espresso.

Neptune lounge has more choice w/ their machine.  But the Nespresso in your suite is great for that first cup of coffee in the morning.

Personally, we've never just ordered coffee through room service.

Last cruise, DH made the trip to the Explorations Cafe each morning and brought back Coffee Mocha and Caramel Latte.  I think you can mix up some Coffee Mocha in the Neptune Lounge w/ their cocoa mix and coffee machine, but not the Caramel Latte.

• Like 1

The Coffee maker's in the Suites are the best thing HAL ever did, one of the reasons I now like to have a Neptune Suite. Other than our first few cruises back in 2005 with HAL I was impressed with the Neptune Lounge, now probably the last 20 Suites with HAL I have not even bothered to go in there. Sadly it does nothing for me. Of the cruise lines we frequent NCL was the first to have very nice Coffee/espresso makers in the Suites, we loved the Suite experience with them, so for a while did a few more NCL cruises, then HAL added the Coffee Makers with excellent coffee in the suites with the introduction of the Koningsdam in April 2016. We had a Suite on the Inaugural, we have now done several HAL Neptune Suites with one coming up on the Eurodam in a few weeks.  Now if HAL would offer complimentary Mimosas in the Pinnacle for Breakfast like Princess does in Sabatini's  😉 and if Princess would add Coffee makers in their Suites lol I would be a very happy cruiser. 😄 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

The Coffee maker's in the Suites are the best thing HAL ever did, one of the reasons I now like to have a Neptune Suite. Other than our first few cruises back in 2005 with HAL I was impressed with the Neptune Lounge, now probably the last 20 Suites with HAL I have not even bothered to go in there. Sadly it does nothing for me. Of the cruise lines we frequent NCL was the first to have very nice Coffee/espresso makers in the Suites, we loved the Suite experience with them, so for a while did a few more NCL cruises, then HAL added the Coffee Makers with excellent coffee in the suites with the introduction of the Koningsdam in April 2016. We had a Suite on the Inaugural, we have now done several HAL Neptune Suites with one coming up on the Eurodam in a few weeks.  Now if HAL would offer complimentary Mimosas in the Pinnacle for Breakfast like Princess does in Sabatini's  😉 and if Princess would add Coffee makers in their Suites lol I would be a very happy cruiser. 😄 

Nice to see you back here!   The mimosas are complimentary in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.  Just make sure you are not charged.  On our April cruise I had several but one of the others from a Neptune suite were charged but spoke to maître de and it was corrected.  

Have you done a suite on Celebrity?  We did in March and it was wonderful-very spoiled.  They really know how to treat their suite guests.  We enjoyed Michael’s every day-complimentary liquor etc.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Nice to see you back here!   The mimosas are complimentary in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.  Just make sure you are not charged.  On our April cruise I had several but one of the others from a Neptune suite were charged but spoke to maître de and it was corrected.  

Have you done a suite on Celebrity?  We did in March and it was wonderful-very spoiled.  They really know how to treat their suite guests.  We enjoyed Michael’s every day-complimentary liquor etc.  

Thanks!! This is good news, when we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam last March they stated you had to have Room Service to get the Mimosas,  while I may have breakfast served in the Suite one morning I suspect we will go most mornings to the Pinnacle for breakfast. We were be on the Eurodam in less than 3 weeks. We have actually not sailed on Celebrity in about 9 years, we may have to return. Although we kind of like taking turns between HAL, PCL and NCL. Although I realized just last night that we are only about 5, 7 day cruises away from getting both our 300 day Medallion (if they still do that) and getting to 5 Star, so we may concentrate on getting that since it now seems within reach. 

15 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks!! This is good news, when we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam last March they stated you had to have Room Service to get the Mimosas,  while I may have breakfast served in the Suite one morning I suspect we will go most mornings to the Pinnacle for breakfast. We were be on the Eurodam in less than 3 weeks. We have actually not sailed on Celebrity in about 9 years, we may have to return. Although we kind of like taking turns between HAL, PCL and NCL. Although I realized just last night that we are only about 5, 7 day cruises away from getting both our 300 day Medallion (if they still do that) and getting to 5 Star, so we may concentrate on getting that since it now seems within reach. 

We were on the NA in April with Frank who sorted it out that a mimosa is supposed to be included in the Pinnacle, not just room service.  

We will be on the Oosterdam in late November for 2 weeks and I’ll be ordering a mimosa with my breakfast in the Pinnacle-maybe I should check first their policy-seems different rules on different ships too.  

Enjoy your Eurodam cruise!   Report back and let us know.  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 9:02 AM, freestyling said:

Yes, you will have a pod type coffee maker 

So what about other cabins?  I asked the HAL cruise consultant about hot water for my eternal need for tea, and he said not in my balcony cabin, but room service would bring me a pot of hot water.   So it's coffee/tea maker only in suites on Eurodam?  

Just off the Eurodam and mimosas were complimentary for breakfast in Pinnacle, as well as with room service breakfast - be sure you get the Neptune room service menus, we had a regular room service left one night, but were only ordering coffee.  Our room steward was so upset he left the wrong one, I told him no worries, we were only ordering coffee, but I did learn there is a difference.

Speaking of refreshments, you can't beat tea service delivered to your suite.  We had delivery on every sea day and it was fantastic!

The service on Eurodam was exceptional to say the least!  Enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, Saintpat said:

So what about other cabins?  I asked the HAL cruise consultant about hot water for my eternal need for tea, and he said not in my balcony cabin, but room service would bring me a pot of hot water.   So it's coffee/tea maker only in suites on Eurodam?  

Suites on all HAL ships, not just Eurodam. 

On 10/20/2019 at 3:04 PM, Saintpat said:

22 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Suites on all HAL ships, not just Eurodam. 

Just to clarify - only in Neptune Suites or the PS on all HAL ships.  The Signature Suites and Vista Suites do NOT have the coffee makers.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:04 AM, marluvs2go said:

Really? how cool is that? I hate waiting for room service or wandering around til I get a cup of coffee..Thanks

It really is good coffee, too.  I'm super picky and like the Neptune Suite pod coffee better than that from any of the other locations on the ships, including the Neptune Lounge.  (But we do use the bottled water for it.  That might make a difference.)  Anyhow, coffee at the ready with the big balcony to enjoy is a lovely experience.  Have fun!

On 10/20/2019 at 2:04 PM, Saintpat said:

Unlike Keurig, they don't have tea pods, so you may not be missing much. I did make tea by running water through the coffeemaker without a pod in place. But it was brand new when I did that. I'm not sure it would brew decent tea after a few years. 

I'll be in a Neptune Suite next winter. The lounge has lovely Harney tea bags, but it's such a waste to use such a good teabag to make just one cup of tea, and they don't provide tea pots. So I'm taking a small teapot (add that to the list of trays, duct tape, blenders...). I figure if I fill it just before I leave the lounge, it will be nicely steeped by the time I hike to my corner aft. 

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Just to clarify - only in Neptune Suites or the PS on all HAL ships.  The Signature Suites and Vista Suites do NOT have the coffee makers.

Thanks, Jacqui. I keep forgetting that HAL throws around "suites" like confetti. 😉

5 minutes ago, askworldtraveler said:

Will nespresso pods work on the neptune suite coffee makers?  Also is real 1/2 and1/2 available - I get my lines mixed up, don't recall what HAL provides..... Thanks!

No to half and half.  The pods appear to be the same size and shape as our Nespresso pods but we’ve never brought one onboard to try it.  The brewer brand is Mocoffee Ventura (www.beukenhorst-USA.com) if you want to try Googling it and see if it’s compatible.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 3:25 PM, AncientWanderer said:

It really is good coffee, too.  I'm super picky and like the Neptune Suite pod coffee better than that from any of the other locations on the ships, including the Neptune Lounge.  (But we do use the bottled water for it.  That might make a difference.)  Anyhow, coffee at the ready with the big balcony to enjoy is a lovely experience.  Have fun!

Oh really is that the secret using bottled water? I imagine that is necessary?  but will have to stock up I guess..thanks

23 hours ago, marluvs2go said:

Oh really is that the secret using bottled water? I imagine that is necessary?  but will have to stock up I guess..thanks

We’ve tried bottled and tap and taste no difference when we make coffee ... and for what it’s worth we don’t drink tap water plain from the bathroom.

We've stayed in the NS on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Veendam.  Both had Nespresso makers in the room.  You get two pods of Espresso, two of decaf and two of regular replenished when the steward makes up the room.    They have a cappuccino machine in the Neptune Lounge.   You get Cappuccino, Espresso, Latte, etc.  But no Caramel Latte.  Don't remember if they have coffee mocha, but you can make your own with the cocoa mix.  The neptune lounge also has snacks throughout the day, but no free alcohol beyond the reception on the night of embarkation.

23 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

We've stayed in the NS on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Veendam.  Both had Nespresso makers in the room.  You get two pods of Espresso, two of decaf and two of regular replenished when the steward makes up the room.    They have a cappuccino machine in the Neptune Lounge.   You get Cappuccino, Espresso, Latte, etc.  But no Caramel Latte.  Don't remember if they have coffee mocha, but you can make your own with the cocoa mix.  The neptune lounge also has snacks throughout the day, but no free alcohol beyond the reception on the night of embarkation.

Was it a real Nespresso?