Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I don't remember there being any sales on cruises for bff or cm only on cruise planner purchases

I’ve been pricing a 2021 cruise for a while now, but DH is hesitant to pull the trigger (the cruise I really want to do falls over a trade show he usually attends).  I am going to reprice bf/cm, and will post here if it goes down 🙂

25 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

So I'm taking a large group in the Palestine, Turkey, Greece 12 day cruise in Oct 2020.  Will there be stuff on the BF sale that is still valid for next year?  Should I advise our group to check the site on BF?

We got a good price on the Refreshment package (didn't check excursions or dining, so no idea about those) for our June, 2019 cruise on Black Friday in Nov. 2018, so I would say it's definitely worth checking.  We got the Refreshment package for $17 that day and we never saw it go that low again, and I checked almost every day (mainly I was looking at other things, but always at least looked to make sure it didn't go any lower).

Does anyone know the timing of when RCI puts out the Black Friday sale?  Is it at midnight or 12:01 AM of Friday?

I am hoping it comes out sometime Thursday evening.  we sail on December 1 and 11:00 PM on Thursday is the cutoff when the cruise planner closes.  We purchased the DDP and hoping it may drop a little bit for the Black Friday sale

I am hoping for a reduction in the DDP on the black friday sales. It is $78.09 AUS at the moment. we are cruising B2B 34 days  in Feb/ March. It would be great if RCC gave a discount for these type of lengthy cruises. Drinks ,Dining, internet etc. Just my 2 cents worth.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:34 PM, BuckeyeMark said:

So I'm taking a large group in the Palestine, Turkey, Greece 12 day cruise in Oct 2020.  Will there be stuff on the BF sale that is still valid for next year?  Should I advise our group to check the site on BF?

Absolutely but don’t stop checking. Sometimes prices drop lower than what’s offered on BF and CM. If prices drops you can cancel and repurchase. It can become a full time job if you have multiple cruises booked.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 10:34 PM, hrmkr said:

Does anyone know the timing of when RCI puts out the Black Friday sale?  Is it at midnight or 12:01 AM of Friday?

Start looking on Wednesday. I remember purchasing my BF deals before BF. The banners weren’t up but I had been following prices and the price for the refreshment package was $18. They didn’t advertise the sale but I had been watching the price so I knew it was a good deal. I had to drill down to the drink package choices. It wasn’t on the first page. 

• Like 1

Does Royal Caribbean ever hold Black Friday Deals?  We've booked a resort for mid January and just recently received an email that they are adding over $100 for parking and the costs to rent a car are a lot more expensive than the last time we rented a car.  Right now, due to these two expenses, the cost to cruise or go to the resort are about the same so we are considering a cruise.  We've found one we like, but are just on the fence about what to do.  Someone suggested a Black Friday Deal??  Not sure if this is something they do or not.  Thoughts?

On 10/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Drinks package - If there is a sale and you want to reprice, do they refund the whole amount, or do they simply credit back the amount you have saved?  As I am Canadian, I was wondering if it makes monetary sense in buying it, then refunding the whole amount, then buying it again as I'd have credit card fees and exchange rates each time...?

If you book in CAD , they charge you in CAD so there is no exchange fees 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, junglecat said:

Does Royal Caribbean ever hold Black Friday Deals?  We've booked a resort for mid January and just recently received an email that they are adding over $100 for parking and the costs to rent a car are a lot more expensive than the last time we rented a car.  Right now, due to these two expenses, the cost to cruise or go to the resort are about the same so we are considering a cruise.  We've found one we like, but are just on the fence about what to do.  Someone suggested a Black Friday Deal??  Not sure if this is something they do or not.  Thoughts?

I have not seen a discount for the cruise itself. They usually offer those promotions for early booking when itineraries are first released. They may throw in some on board credit deal or travel agents may offer things like paid gratuity or no deposit but unless the cruise is close to sailing they don’t tend run a cruise sale for BF. If the itinerary is selling the price could go up by then.

26 minutes ago, Vlgg731 said:

Prices went up today on all Beverage packages for our December 22nd cruise.  I hope they do deep discounts for Black Friday and not just back to the small discounts they have been advertising.

Yep...just checked too.  Our December one keeps yo-yo-ing between the regular price and the 30% off.  

13 minutes ago, Jellal said:

The price of voom surf & stream single device on my 5/20 oasis cruise just went down to $11.99. Is that a good price? 

I just checked my March 2020 cruise and it's $15.99 per day 😞

1 hour ago, Jellal said:

The price of voom surf & stream single device on my 5/20 oasis cruise just went down to $11.99. Is that a good price? 

yes. Although they did run a sale for $10  if you purchased it with a deluxe drink package.  The lowest I saw it was $11.99.

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

yes. Although they did run a sale for $10  if you purchased it with a deluxe drink package.  The lowest I saw it was $11.99.

Does surf and stream justify the $4 difference in price over just surf

Any ideas or are we're 'screwed' for any 'possible' Black Friday Deals because our cruise embarks on Black Friday 11/29 in Sydney?  We're mostly interested in 'possible' lower DBP price.  It's currently it's $60 pp and for 9 nts that's a bit too much for us. Our cut-off date/time to book thru cruise planner is Tues, 11/26 midnight, which I believe is prior to when BFDs begin. We're flying out of Los Angeles Wed, 11/27 (US Date) and arrive in Sydney, Fri 11/29 (AUS Date). Yes, we will literally 'warp' thru Thanksgiving on Thu, 11/28.  Is it possible they will have deals on the ship or does Black Friday even exist in Australia?

17 minutes ago, Jellal said:

At this point it’s cheaper if I get the singe device package for 11.99 each for the two of us.

There have been a number of times where the single device package goes on sale but they forget about the multi device packages so getting multiple single device packages is cheaper - get it now and if the multi device package drops lower, cancel and re buy.