Just a friendly reminder!

MustangGT

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Back is good, an extra hour of sleep! It's the ones that say "forward" that I hate!!! 🤔😯

Yeah, but I wish my brain could remember that the time has changed. I usually wake up around 4 or 5 AM (retired since 2012 & still wake up way too early), this morning I woke up at the "new" 3 AM. The darn brain thought it was 4 AM.:classic_sad:

Of course then there is always the one who set them forward.  My partner did earlier last night. I didn't even notice. We didn't figure it out til this morning. Sad, huh?

Edited by redtees
  • Haha 1

We were on the Star over the weekend and were almost caught out with the DST change on the Sunday morning. I was relying on my cell phone for the alarm and the cell phone duly back an hour at 2AM on the Sunday morning. For some strange reason, the ship stayed on DST until 2AM on the Monday morning (our arrival day) so we almost missed breakfast at Sabatini’s on the Sunday morning until I noticed on the TV, that we were still an hour ahead of PST. 

10 hours ago, polmcs said:

We were on the Star over the weekend and were almost caught out with the DST change on the Sunday morning. I was relying on my cell phone for the alarm and the cell phone duly back an hour at 2AM on the Sunday morning. For some strange reason, the ship stayed on DST until 2AM on the Monday morning (our arrival day) so we almost missed breakfast at Sabatini’s on the Sunday morning until I noticed on the TV, that we were still an hour ahead of PST. 

That would have been a tragedy for me!  😱 Breakfast at Sabatini’s is not to be missed! Thank goodness you caught it in time!

Edited by MustangGT

14 hours ago, polmcs said:

I was on the same cruise and I am convinced that they did it solely for their convenience.  By setting the clocks back the night before disembarking, I am sure Princess hoped for some guests to "forget" and end up getting off the ship an hour earlier :-).  By arriving at 8.30am, which is later than in the past, they had a shorter turnaround time than with most turns.