Balcony cabins with hot tub

danacline

We parked next to the Allure last week in Cozumel. While there, we noticed some balcony cabins had hot tubs. We were on deck 11 of the Liberty, and these cabins were at about the same level. However, none of the deck plans I see mention a hot tub. Can any of you tell me what category these cabins are? And whether Oasis might have similar cabins, especially after the upcoming refurbishment? Do any other Royal ships have balconies with hot tubs? (I assume if Allure did, all Oasis-class ships will).

And if you know of any other lines (Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, HAL) with balcony hot tubs, please let me know. My sister-in-law has decided that's what they want on our next shared cruise.

Thanks!

Dana

I know there are/were hot tubs on Celebrity Constellation in one of the Suite categories.  We had Celebrity Suite and it did not have the hot tub, but we did have a computer and a butler.  I believe it may have been Royal suite.  Check Celebrity.

Edited by Snit13
add

1 hour ago, danacline said:

We parked next to the Allure last week in Cozumel. While there, we noticed some balcony cabins had hot tubs. We were on deck 11 of the Liberty, and these cabins were at about the same level. However, none of the deck plans I see mention a hot tub. Can any of you tell me what category these cabins are? And whether Oasis might have similar cabins, especially after the upcoming refurbishment? Do any other Royal ships have balconies with hot tubs? (I assume if Allure did, all Oasis-class ships will).

And if you know of any other lines (Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, HAL) with balcony hot tubs, please let me know. My sister-in-law has decided that's what they want on our next shared cruise.

Thanks!

Dana

It may have been on deck 12 starboard side.  There is now a pair of 2 bedroom grand suites but this used to be the presidential suite that did have a hot tub.  

16 hours ago, danacline said:

Thanks!

Dana

MSC has several cabins with hot tubs on the balconies.  I'm looking at booking Meraviglia next fall. 

Royal Suite on a few Celebrity ships also have one. 

LMK if you find any other main lines that have them as I am also interested in this cabin type.  Thanks.

Edited by copter

20 hours ago, Snit13 said:

I know there are/were hot tubs on Celebrity Constellation in one of the Suite categories.  We had Celebrity Suite and it did not have the hot tub, but we did have a computer and a butler.  I believe it may have been Royal suite.  Check Celebrity.

We had a Royal suite on the Equinox.  We had a hot tub.  The penthouse also has a hot tub as do all Royal suites and Penthouses on the S class ships. 

The Royal suite is wonderful!  Two full bathrooms- great when two people want to get ready at the same time!  We loved it.  Hope we can (afford) to do it again!  On Royal, our favorite suite is a crown loft suite- but no hot tub on balcony.  Two full bathrooms however! 

Thanks for all of the feedback. Not sure we will ever do this, especially once sister-in-law finds out how much booking one of those suites will cost. No interest in MSC, but Celebrity is a possibility. I'll investigate further. And I'll also ask on the HAL and Princess forums, and will report back here if I get anything positive.

Years ago we stayed in the L301 Grand Suite on Princess Grand Princess for our 25th anniversary. Hot tub AND a fireplace LOL. Beautiful room, with a butler who couldn't do enough for us. The only con to that entire cruise was at the end when we had a missing piece of luggage (including my husbands tux/all accessories) and that never was retrieved - had to spend major time with Princess insurance for compensation for that. 

I found a room tour on youtube for you to look at (2 parts) - hot tub shown in part 2

Edited by SeaHunt
added info

35 minutes ago, danacline said:

No interest in MSC....

We sailed aboard the MSC Meraviglia last November and we booked an Aurea Duplex Suite (their version of a Crown Loft Suite on Royal) with a hot tub in our balcony. After that experience, we went from MSC skeptics, to big fans of this cruise line. Not only was the Meraviglia an absolutely beautiful and wonderful ship (we compared it in many ways to our experience on Royal’s Oasis class ships), but the price that we paid for this amazing suite was literally a fraction of what Royal would’ve charged. Our family of 4 sailed in the Mediterranean for $1k per person. You can’t even get a standard balcony stateroom on Royal for that price in the Med!

To make that price even more enticing, our suite came with priority embarkation, complimentary drink package, free massages, unlimited access to the thermal suite at the Aurea Spa,  dedicated section of the MDR for Aurea passengers with open seating, and access to a private solarium for suite passengers. 

I know that MSC’s European style of cruising isn’t for everyone, but for those who like to try something different, it’s an absolutely fantastic cruise line, specially if you book one of their Yacht Club accommodations. 

Here’s what we experienced:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bFw6KNMZM

And some photos:

9FD3C423-8C1D-4A80-A3A5-B556BC8DA330.jpeg

50232CBF-7A96-4A64-AEAE-CBC291109D1F.jpeg

5A98DEC2-DD82-4E9A-94FA-01CFDC6EB823.jpeg

CC1D3A08-E4FC-461C-8698-62D5D650EE8C.jpeg

FF7D3BF8-6ABA-4138-8AF0-1BE221726EAA.jpeg

EB84CCDA-F15D-4E3D-BD5D-E167BF484D9B.jpeg

Edited by Tapi

Wow, that looks awesome. I forwarded the info to sister-in-law. I know that MSC does (or did) let you transfer your level from another cruise line, and we got ours transferred because we were originally booked on the MSC ... Seaside(?) for last Halloween before switching to the Liberty out of Galveston. My wife has 54 days on Princess, so that might help. Did you book through them, or use a TA? Was that a 1-week, or longer?

Symphony of the Seas has the Ultimate Family Suite - it has one. I also believe the Royal Suites on Adventure of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas. Norwegian Sky - the Owner's Suite. MSC also has some on the Seaside.

Edited by JennyB1977

59 minutes ago, danacline said:

Wow, that looks awesome. I forwarded the info to sister-in-law. I know that MSC does (or did) let you transfer your level from another cruise line, and we got ours transferred because we were originally booked on the MSC ... Seaside(?) for last Halloween before switching to the Liberty out of Galveston. My wife has 54 days on Princess, so that might help. Did you book through them, or use a TA? Was that a 1-week, or longer?

MSC still does the loyalty match program. If you do that, they’ll give you an additional 5% off. Main caveat is that, if you do the loyalty match program, the only way to maintain your status is to sail on them at least once every 3 years. If you like their product it shouldn’t be that hard to do, but still something to keep in mind.

I booked that cruise directly on their website.  It was on a total whim. I was conducting an expanded search on another website for any cruise departing specifically on that date regardless of cruise line or destination, and that one popped up. I had zero intention to sail on MSC or in the Mediterranean, but when I clicked on it and I saw the prices, I started looking into it further. I went on the MSC website and saw that there was only one Aurea Duplex Suite available for that departure date, so I put a deposit down on a whim, not even knowing if we’d be able to go (this was a year and 4 months before sailing). But we made it happen! 

This was a one week Mediterranean cruise departing from Civitavecchia and visiting Palermo, Valletta, Barcelona, Marseille, and Genoa. We combined it with a 2 night pre-cruise stay in Rome. It was a very enjoyable experience, and a great introduction to Europe for our young kids. 

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

The suite looks wonderful!  However I haven't read great reviews for MSC.  So I do not think I will try them (yet)

Yes, the reviews are admittedly polarizing. Contrary to American cruise lines that taylor their product to American tastes, MSC is a cruise line that attempts to appeal to multiple nationalities, literally from all over the world, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. 

They do things different than American cruise lines, and several things have rubbed some people the wrong way. Also, because they have several “experiences”, ranging from the bare bones Bella to the top of the line Yacht Club, reviews can vary greatly from one to another based on what the passenger booked. They’ve also had some growing pains on this side of the Atlantic, as they tweak their product to appeal to Americans while still appealing to their established clientele from Europe. 

But you have to read reviews with a grain of salt, and weed some of them out. When we sailed on MSC for the first time, I read a lot of “it’s not like Carnival” or “it’s not like Royal”, or “they speak too many languages”, or “there are too many foreigners”, or “there’s no comedy club”, or “there’s too much Italian food, and their hamburgers suck”, or “the TV channel lineup doesn’t have ESPN, but it has too many foreign channels”, or “the crew acts too European”, etc etc. 

We decided to try it out for ourselves and create our own opinion. And we learned that we enjoyed what MSC has to offer immensely. In fact, I personally liked it because they are NOT like other cruise lines. It provides a nice chance of pace. 

But I won’t expect everybody to love MSC (After speaking to some fellow passengers on an MSC sailing from Miami who were going back to Carnival because they have better hamburgers, I KNOW that some people just don’t belong aboard an MSC ship). But I think that they are worth at least one try. It’s truly the only way to know if they are for you or not. 

Edited by Tapi

Thanks again! I have been interested in MSC since the Seaside was announced, thinking the design was quite unique. Since we usually travel in an inside cabin, I can see where that experience may not be as good as balcony or suite. However, that gives us more money to spend on excursions. Sadly, I don't see any itineraries they do that really call to me.

Our future cruise plans include at least one Oasis-class with balcony, a British Isles cruise (MSC has none, but Princess looks good there), a Panama Canal cruise (HAL for that, unless we do the Carnival 9-day out of Galveston), and an Antarctica cruise (looks like maybe Celebrity there, unless we get a last-minute deal on Ponant or something). We'll eventually do another Med cruise, but with the airfare, it would need to be longer than 7 days. Our 12-day on NCL Spirit was pretty awesome, despite being their oldest ship, smallest inside cabin with 4 adults. The price and itinerary was awesome there. Still, not sure we would ever do NCL again, although we docked next to the Breakaway and it looked almost as large as the Liberty. And I love the Peter Max hull art.

• Like 1

We have the 4 bedroom Villa Suite on Harmony booked for next August, it has a hot tub on the balcony. Cabin 12640. Symphony also has one. Oasis and Allure have  2-2 bedroom Grand Suites on deck 12 that also have hot tubs. 

mac_tlc

5 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Symphony of the Seas has the Ultimate Family Suite - it has one. I also believe the Royal Suites on Adventure of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas. Norwegian Sky - the Owner's Suite. MSC also has some on the Seaside.

Symphony 

20191111_194832.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We have the 4 bedroom Villa Suite on Harmony booked for next August, it has a hot tub on the balcony. Cabin 12640. Symphony also has one. Oasis and Allure have  2-2 bedroom Grand Suites on deck 12 that also have hot tubs. 

mac_tlc

Do both of the 2BR GS’s have a hot tub?  They used to be the presidential suite before they split that in half so there would only be one hot tub unless they added a second during the drydock.

51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Do both of the 2BR GS’s have a hot tub?  They used to be the presidential suite before they split that in half so there would only be one hot tub unless they added a second during the drydock.

I believe that the two on deck 12 each have a hot tub. Here is a part of the description I was reading, from cruisingpower:

NOTE: Grand Suites on deck 12 have a jacuzzi in the private balcony. Up to 8 guests.

mac_tlc

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2019 at 1:18 AM, Tapi said:

We sailed aboard the MSC Meraviglia last November and we booked an Aurea Duplex Suite (their version of a Crown Loft Suite on Royal) with a hot tub in our balcony. After that experience, we went from MSC skeptics, to big fans of this cruise line. Not only was the Meraviglia an absolutely beautiful and wonderful ship (we compared it in many ways to our experience on Royal’s Oasis class ships), but the price that we paid for this amazing suite was literally a fraction of what Royal would’ve charged. Our family of 4 sailed in the Mediterranean for $1k per person. You can’t even get a standard balcony stateroom on Royal for that price in the Med!

To make that price even more enticing, our suite came with priority embarkation, complimentary drink package, free massages, unlimited access to the thermal suite at the Aurea Spa,  dedicated section of the MDR for Aurea passengers with open seating, and access to a private solarium for suite passengers. 

I know that MSC’s European style of cruising isn’t for everyone, but for those who like to try something different, it’s an absolutely fantastic cruise line, specially if you book one of their Yacht Club accommodations. 

Here’s what we experienced:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bFw6KNMZM

And some photos:

9FD3C423-8C1D-4A80-A3A5-B556BC8DA330.jpeg

5A98DEC2-DD82-4E9A-94FA-01CFDC6EB823.jpeg

EB84CCDA-F15D-4E3D-BD5D-E167BF484D9B.jpeg

Looks like a great experience! How long in advanced should it be reserved? 

On 3/5/2021 at 2:36 AM, still_c said:

Looks like a great experience! How long in advanced should it be reserved? 

In our case, we reserved one year and 4 months in advance. At the time, I was just browsing, but there was only one of these staterooms left, so I placed the deposit, not knowing if I’d be able to take that cruise. I figured that, worse case scenario, I’d cancel

and get my deposit back, but I’m glad that I was able to take that cruise!