Need help understanding Loyalty credits

azgrandmax3

Please help me understand Loyalty Credits.  I have completed 32 cruises with Princess.  I noticed a Loyalty credit of $25 once I boarded ship this past Sept.  When I asked what it was for at the Captains Circle was told it was for number of cruises.  OK sounded good to me.  I have 3 other cruises booked for 2020, no such credit shows on my booking.  I have called Princess three times, no one seems to know what I am talking about.   Thanks.

4 minutes ago, azgrandmax3 said:

Please help me understand Loyalty Credits.  I have completed 32 cruises with Princess.  I noticed a Loyalty credit of $25 once I boarded ship this past Sept.  When I asked what it was for at the Captains Circle was told it was for number of cruises.  OK sounded good to me.  I have 3 other cruises booked for 2020, no such credit shows on my booking.  I have called Princess three times, no one seems to know what I am talking about.   Thanks.

Can't remember if these show up before the cruise or not, but we have received the credit for all the cruises over 32.

I will see if I can find the link.

7 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

Can't remember if these show up before the cruise or not, but we have received the credit for all the cruises over 32.

I will see if I can find the link.

Couldn't find the link, but this was posted elsewhere.

It's OBC from Princess. You receive $25 on your 21st cruise or cruise credit, whichever comes first. You'll get a card in your cabin. You only get one per cabin even if both passengers have reached that number of cruise credits.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

14 minutes ago, azgrandmax3 said:

I was typing my response at the same time as 'The Rabbit'.

People have reported that it shows up on your Personalizer a couple of days before your cruise. The levels for the loyalty OBC are $25 on 21st cruise, $50 on either 31st or 32nd (different versions given by different people); $75 on 41st or 42nd; $100 on 51st or 52nd.

I am not surprised that the Princess call centre staff don't know anything about these loyalty credits.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am not surprised that the Princess call centre staff don't know anything about these loyalty credits.

There is a separate department for Captain's Circle.

The only place I can find the days/OBC info is on secondary sites. A good google search didn't find it on Princess. Might be in one of their "deep dive" documents.

6 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

There is a separate department for Captain's Circle.

The only place I can find the days/OBC info is on secondary sites. A good google search didn't find it on Princess. Might be in one of their "deep dive" documents.

Agreed. I couldn't find the details on any of the Princess sites. That's why I am not sure when the more 'advanced' credits become applicable: 31st or 32nd, 41st or 42nd. A couple of people have said it's 32nd, 42nd and 52nd. I will see on my next cruise.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. I couldn't find the details on any of the Princess sites. That's why I am not sure when the more 'advanced' credits become applicable: 31st or 32nd, 41st or 42nd. A couple of people have said it's 32nd, 42nd and 52nd. I will see on my next cruise.

It is the 32nd

From Pam in CA

21 - 31 cruise credits $25 onboard cabin credit

32 - 41 cruise credits $50 onboard cabin credit

42 - 51 cruise credits $75 onboard cabin credit

52+ cruise credits $100 onboard cabin credit

• Like 1

You can also get the details of the loyalty credits and tiers from the little brochure available from the captain circle host on your ship outlining the details of the captain circle program. This is the only place I have seen official documentation from princess regarding the 'Loyalty Command Credit'.

No, it should not be a 'surprise' unless the program has been modified as I have posted earlier,  the details of the 'Loyalty Command Credit' is outlined in the Tri-folded brochure regarding the captain circle program which is about the size of a postcard, located at the captain's circle desk, it is usually out on the desk and if not ask the host for a copy. All of the info in the brochure is also on the Princess website, except the details of the tiers and amounts for the 'loyalty command credit'.

What can be a 'surprise' is the amenities associated with the 'milestone' cruise as this program is not documented anywhere and I was told by a circle host, because it can be modified or cancelled at any time, is why details are not written down. My understanding is the milestone cruise was created about the time Princess celebrated it's 50th anniversary, thus the first 'milestone' was celebrated at your 50th cruise credit, the program was modified about 2 years ago to recognize your first milestone at 500 days at sea with Princess and then ever 250 days after. Usually at the 750 milestone and beyond , one of the amenities is breakfast like suite guests in whichever specialty restaurant it is being served. Again , since the program can be modified or cancelled at any time any amenities are not guaranteed.

My friends are sailing on thier 500th day on the Emerald Transatlantic now and they did tell me they saw in thier Travel  Summary '500' day celebration with a dollar value associated with the celebration, I assume like the loyalty command credit it does not appear till 6 days before sailing. This makes sense as you could book a cruise a year away but then book another last minute which you would then be celebrating your 'milestone'.

I think many cruisers are not even aware of the Travel Summary document in your cruise personalizer and that updates are posted to it about 6 days before sailing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

Couldn't find the link, but this was posted elsewhere.

It's OBC from Princess. You receive $25 on your 21st cruise or cruise credit, whichever comes first. You'll get a card in your cabin. You only get one per cabin even if both passengers have reached that number of cruise credits.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

If you have different last names you will both get the credit

1 hour ago, senior lady said:

Not on mine, and I leave in 4 days.   

It doesn't show up with all the other OBC, its just before that under Special Services when you print out or view the Travel Summary. Maybe it depends on the Captain's Circle Host for the ship ?

Maybe I've just been lucky seeing all mine there since I started to receive it.

I am in Australia, don't know if that makes a difference.

FYI, it’s based on Cruise Credits, not number of cruises no matter what the Princess brochure says. Same for the Captain’s Circle program. I assume they do it to simplify the explanation but technically, it’s incorrect. 

For most, the number of cruise credits is the same as the number of cruises. However, solos (who pay double) get two cruise credits for each cruise as does each passenger booked in a full suite. Book a full suite as a solo and you get three cruise credits. 

13 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

FYI, it’s based on Cruise Credits, not number of cruises no matter what the Princess brochure says. Same for the Captain’s Circle program. I assume they do it to simplify the explanation but technically, it’s incorrect. 

For most, the number of cruise credits is the same as the number of cruises. However, solos (who pay double) get two cruise credits for each cruise as does each passenger booked in a full suite. Book a full suite as a solo and you get three cruise credits. 

One of my pet peeves is that the history showing up on the Princess website says "Total Cruises Sailed" when it really means total cruise credits. I'm going solo again next month. That will get me to 31 cruise credits. DH will have three fewer since he did not go with me on my back-to-back cruises to Alaska this past summer. 

And Princess is doing better on pricing for solo travelers on some cruises. My upcoming cruise had a $150 single supplement instead of my having to pay double.