Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Neeny12

Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Where do you get omelettes made to order? Thank you

No omelettes made to order in Solarium anymore. They do eggs: over easy, over hard, etc. They offer scrambled eggs (whites and whole egg) and an omelette of the day at the self serve stations.
Spoiler alert: Simeon does a joke about trying to do 6,000 omlettes made to order. It was a good one. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

So they are not calling the comedy venue The Attic🤔

Nope. It’s called Blaze on this ship. A very appropriate name as it was “Hot as blazes” in there. Simeon had a few things to say about it 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

Thanks for the info, I'm getting on Sunday.  Bob, I'm doing the Cozumel Bar Hop again, better get your editing pencil ready.  😁

I hope you do a review. 🍹 Following your last adventures was a blast.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

Thanks for the info, I'm getting on Sunday.  Bob, I'm doing the Cozumel Bar Hop again, better get your editing pencil ready.  😁

Whst day are you in Cozumel?

We are there Thursday on Adventure 

I'm sure I'll keep them busy next week🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

No omelettes made to order in Solarium anymore. They do eggs: over easy, over hard, etc. They offer scrambled eggs (whites and whole egg) and an omelette of the day at the self serve stations.
Spoiler alert: Simeon does a joke about trying to do 6,000 omlettes made to order. It was a good one. 😆

 

How about in the back of Windjammer 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Can you imagine if CC had an 18+ section for reviews.🤣

You guys and gals have me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 in anticipation . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

How about in the back of Windjammer 🤔

Given Simeon’s joke it may be a thing of the past...I’ll ask at Windjammer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Given Simeon’s joke it may be a thing of the past...I’ll ask at Windjammer.

 

They were supposed to add hot stations in the back like Harmony and Symphony have. 

 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

How about in the back of Windjammer 🤔

No made to order eggs in Windjammer. I was told they don’t do it anymore and that you can only get made to order omelettes at the MDR or Johnny Rockets.  He said he  could do a fresh cheese one if I wanted but that’s about it as they don’t have the other ingredients anymore.

New chairs at Windjammer?

Second breakfast with hot tea and lemon for this Sinus cold. I waited the seven days to start the antibiotics and they’ve made a difference. I have the DX package so no decongestant until we fly out Sunday.

 

9C549EB4-7DD1-4CD3-9DFB-38939DAFF923.jpeg

A0BABA85-9229-42C1-916C-9AFCC5A98869.jpeg

AE3A57BF-4CF3-44F4-8564-48B50569FBA4.jpeg

55CDF625-3C0C-4FD6-99C3-DDE01BAC7864.jpeg

Edited by Neeny12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I opted for apple sauce on the ham but picalily/chow chow (a mustard pickle mix) is the best on ham. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

No made to order eggs in Windjammer. I was told they don’t do it anymore and that you can only get made to order omelettes at the MDR or Johnny Rockets.  He said he  could do a fresh cheese one if I wanted but that’s about it as they don’t have the other ingredients anymore.

New chairs at Windjammer?

Second breakfast with hot tea and lemon for this Sinus cold. I waited the seven days to start the antibiotics and they’ve made a difference. I have the DX package so no decongestant until we fly out Sunday.

 

9C549EB4-7DD1-4CD3-9DFB-38939DAFF923.jpeg

 

 

Here ia a pro tip for WJ. Gather your own ingredients for an omelet and take it to them😉

 

As far as your cold, grab you some brandy, cognac, or B&B the night before and add it to your tea. Honey is nice as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:


@Yorkvillain does this sound like a possible live review coming to you?  It does to me. 🤔

 

  Yup, if I can  get   pictures  to work.   Dale, also (MrFuninheSun)

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Whst day are you in Cozumel?

We are there Thursday on Adventure 

I'm sure I'll keep them busy next week🤣🤣

 

Dang, Friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

Live posts from the bar? 😝

If you meant Maureen then we can’t wait.😁🍹

 

If you meant me. Our San Juan pub crawl:

Greengos for Margaritas and nacho chips with tomatillo, salsa and guac

Senior Frogs: Tequila shot for DH and a Lemon Drop shot for me. Bought some plastic shot glasses to use in our hot tub at home.

Cafe Darsenas: Pina Coladas (from a mix).

We watched the fireworks from Cafe Darsenas.

Lots of walking. My knee and ankle are being iced.🥶 I have one cankle (cruise ankle).

White night tonight. We changed after dinner just in case there was a food accident 
It’s interesting that the Cruise Planner now says Dress Code and not Suggested attire.

Not to worry as they still let a fellow in on formal night with shorts on,
Card room on 12 & 11

 

374A8743-688B-4FBA-AF35-735381366934.jpeg

81D38F4B-BB2F-4285-AB53-CC5FAECFBE13.jpeg

03FD427D-90FC-4649-9E3E-614F40EBEA01.jpeg

FC8DC8F8-E7A9-4300-9639-965909380AE0.jpeg

CA12808A-EDB3-4BBB-874F-73B0DC56DFF1.jpeg

Edited by Neeny12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

 

Well that's pretty cool

The cabins on either side of that were changed from insides to promenade views and have a window (at least on deck 12).  I didn’t get my larger ones in the centre but I was moved to either side.  I’ll be in those next Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The cabins on either side of that were changed from insides to promenade views and have a window (at least on deck 12).  I didn’t get my larger ones in the centre but I was moved to either side.  I’ll be in those next Christmas.

 

Promenade is deck 7🤔

Do you mean BW?

 

That must be the flat part of the wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Promenade is deck 7🤔

Do you mean BW?

 

That must be the flat part of the wall

For some reason Royal has only created 2 categories of “view cabins” even though there are 3 areas.  CP, Promenade and BW.  BW and Promenade are classed together as a 2T category and some ships call the BW views other call them promenade views.

 

It is the flat part part of the wall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 26, 2019 at 11:41 PM, maureencruiser said:

Thanks for the info, I'm getting on Sunday.  Bob, I'm doing the Cozumel Bar Hop again, better get your editing pencil ready.  😁

 

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:


@Yorkvillain does this sound like a possible live review coming to you?  It does to me. 🤔

 

Oh my. I bet the statues in Cozumel are excited for Hurricane Maureen's arrival.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

 

 

Oh my. I bet the statues in Cozumel are excited for Hurricane Maureen's arrival.  

 

 

 

Wooden statues getting woodier every time I show up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The cabins on either side of that were changed from insides to promenade views and have a window (at least on deck 12).  I didn’t get my larger ones in the centre but I was moved to either side.  I’ll be in those next Christmas.

Looks like this might be a Boardwalk view?

Odd how the signage says Crown & Anchor Loyalty desk on that part of the floor, but it’s actually a balcony overlooking the other card room on 11. Big glass windows. I’ll have another look.

Off to Magen’s Bay today.
We went to Saphire Beach last time. What an adventure that was. Some guy put his 10 year old in a kayak insisted she was ok, badgered the providers to give her a kayak (age is 16). Well the current was too strong for her and it pulled her beyond the bay. They had to be rescued by a few of the providers. They were brought  back by truck .

929AAEE7-C030-4158-ACE0-118A70B30865.png

Edited by Neeny12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Looks like this might be a Boardwalk view?

Yes it is a Boardwalk view although some ships class them as a promenade view cabin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...