Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Neeny12

Our cabin is on deck 12. I was walking into the Starboard side hallway when one of the crew came quickly around the corner. I nearly knocked him over with my walker. We exchanged Oops and I’m sorrys. I then moved past when I heard the guy behind me says to the crew member:  “Good Morning Captain“  ☺️

• Haha 3

I just read on another post that my time dining is not ever going to be available until 6:30. If you have time would you please check with the MDR if this is going to be their new policy?  I was hoping to be able to show up at 5:30 without reservations some nights for dinner.

Have a great Thanksgiving. No cooking or cleaning up for you this year🎃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I just read on another post that my time dining is not ever going to be available until 6:30. If you have time would you please check with the MDR if this is going to be their new policy?  I was hoping to be able to show up at 5:30 without reservations some nights for dinner.

I will ask tonight as we have My Time Dining.

MDR Dinners have been great so far. I get to preselect the night  before as I can’t eat milk products. Turkey dinner and Beef Wellington tonight. I don’t remember the other choices.
Formal nights are days 2 and 6 on this cruise. 
For theme nights so far, they have had Caribbean night (tropical shirts) but we didn’t bring any so we wore peachy blue colours. They also had White night last night. It’s Resort Casual Dress Code tonight.

4 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Compass says MTD is 6:45 to 9:00 pm.

20191128_154725.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, renza said:

How are the new shows? The Sky and aqua one. I will be going on Oasis for the 3rd time in March. Thank you

Here’s a link to Ashley’ review of One Sky.

Aqua 80 is supposed to be a go tonight. It was postponed from last night.

Around the ship...

Our neighbours celebrating 51 years together. It seems like the Sleeping off the Adventure is frequently posted...☺️
A wet Central Park entrance. The leak is from the water slide.

Caribbean Painkiller: Frequent doses this week. The Kraken version is better. 😉🍹

8CFFFD65-5EBE-4DAF-B375-790F4FDDDF92.jpeg

4DE05C4D-0265-4A97-8D48-744EB0B98494.jpeg

63AE2C9D-4413-4FC5-81CD-71B38A52FC65.jpeg

FFA24E6F-47A9-49A9-8756-285A13083651.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Here’s a link to Ashley’ review of One Sky.

Aqua 80 is supposed to be a go tonight. It was postponed from last night.

I am pumped for Aqua80..they were rehearsing on Sunday and the soundtrack was amazing and fun..all the 80s.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I am pumped for Aqua80..they were rehearsing on Sunday and the soundtrack was amazing and fun..all the 80s.

We’re looking forward to it too. Caught a bit of rehearsal today. We both reached drinking age 18 & 19 in 🇨🇦. It changed to 19 in 1979 when I turned 18 🙄. In the early 80’s, we partied and went clubbing then married in 1988. We love the music. They played New Order and Eurythmics during the segment I saw. I bet the kid with the Joy Division shirt will be happy about the New Order songs. He told me he likes both versions of the band. 🎸

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 12:19 PM, sdrocks said:

By any chance are there elevators that go from the check in area to the boarding area of the ship or do passengers

still have to go up walkway ramps ?  My husband is mobility challenged in traversing the ramps.  before asking

for a w/c to board, wanted to get a perspective from those who have boarded.  TIA.

sdrocks: I would definitely get your husband a wheelchair or walker. The ramps they use at ports are very steep. My husband had to prevent me from rolling too quickly down a ramp and also help me up the ramp. I also had multiple offers of assistance from staff with the ramps. I had offers from staff to carry my food at Windjammer, El Loco Fresh and Portside BBQ. They are incredibly helpful. Just an

FYI, there have been a few scooters parked in the hallways. I have not had any trouble getting by them.

From my room steward: All rooms received the following: New door locks, new balcony divider doors (looks like on one side of balcony), I thought she said new dividers but that wasn’t clear, new balcony furniture, new smart TVs, new toilet plumbing, new bed frames. A few rooms received new carpeting. A few rooms received new mattresses as per their 2 year rotation through their inventory. 
Rooms on the 14th floor received extra sound proofing as per the large number of passenger complaints.
There was work done to fix leaks from swimming pools. 

Contractors stayed in the rooms while work was being done so the ship was full - 6,000. The jackhammer noise was a challenge (one of the glass balconies facing Central Park cracked from the vibrations) as was keeping everything covered from construction dust. They also had to take care of the construction workers rooms.

Edited by Neeny12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve read reports that there is now a test that you need to do before you can do stand up.    Is that still happening. 

Yes. They make you go chest down on a boogie board and steer it left to right. Even riders with no experience have done it.

1 minute ago, Neeny12 said:

Yes. They make you go chest down on a boogie board and steer it left to right. Even riders with no experience have done it.

Not sure I see the point of that but hey “their rules”

I wonder what they they will say when my son does his usual boogie board entry by jumping in and landing on the board on his knees. 

10 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

MTD doesn't start until 6:30 this cruise.  This has been the case for my last 2 Oasis class cruises.

So does that mean we can't even show up and wait in line for a table before 6:30pm?  Ideally eat around 5:45pm - 6pm with the kids, but not really a big deal either way.