Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Neeny12

7 hours ago, uvadover said:

So does that mean we can't even show up and wait in line for a table before 6:30pm?  Ideally eat around 5:45pm - 6pm with the kids, but not really a big deal either way.

You can, but they may not open the doors until the scheduled time.  

Screenshot_20191129-073623_Royal.thumb.jpg.97a0a7d92198f4587ecfcc0401a45e45.jpg

The time in the app is 6:30 but the Cruise Compass says 6:45 is the start time.

8 hours ago, uvadover said:

So does that mean we can't even show up and wait in line for a table before 6:30pm?  Ideally eat around 5:45pm - 6pm with the kids, but not really a big deal either way.

There is a My Family Time Dining option with Traditional dining not My Time Dining. It starts at 5:30pm and Adventure Ocean picks up your kids am hour after. I would ask RC for details. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure I see the point of that but hey “their rules”

I wonder what they they will say when my son does his usual boogie board entry by jumping in and landing on the board on his knees. 

Probably be impressed.

1 hour ago, Neeny12 said:

There is a My Family Time Dining option with Traditional dining not My Time Dining. It starts at 5:30pm and Adventure Ocean picks up your kids am hour after. I would ask RC for details. 

I think this may explain the gap. That option is probably being given priority with the My Time Dining commencing later. 

On 11/28/2019 at 5:10 PM, Neeny12 said:

sdrocks: I would definitely get your husband a wheelchair or walker. The ramps they use at ports are very steep. My husband had to prevent me from rolling too quickly down a ramp and also help me up the ramp. I also had multiple offers of assistance from staff with the ramps. I had offers from staff to carry my food at Windjammer, El Loco Fresh and Portside BBQ. They are incredibly helpful. Just an

FYI, there have been a few scooters parked in the hallways. I have not had any trouble getting by them.

Thanks.  I will definitely request one.

1 hour ago, Tee & Chilli said:

For those currently on board, has the app been accurate for menus, etc?

Are you able to text using the app?

I believe so but they sometimes give you the wrong menu. Just check the app first and if you think you have the wrong one they are happy to change it for you.

Around the ship:

Vending machines with mostly sundries and over the counter meds. You won’t find much of this at Solera. This is your best bet. 
Our balcony room.

St. Thomas at night 

USA Flag cake 

The RC 50th Anniversary cake on 2nd formal night. 1 per table.

Secret balconies facing Central Park. Access from deck 9.

9F1A72B2-B5C3-45EF-BE90-EBE5A7E7B594.jpeg

40039363-2D4D-4D28-85BC-F1E7BDC94A26.jpeg

A13AF9F7-38D0-4337-B464-8FC750F7EC6C.jpeg

D588621A-9852-4E19-AD79-B6ECF7E2A847.jpeg

D4893A79-43ED-4421-B569-FAE5A0FF45CE.jpeg

5B2BCCB1-A1B8-4C59-A5DA-816724584338.jpeg

• Like 1

No cabin #

Just a balcony over looking central park 

AFT on deck 9. Balconies are on both port side and starboard side of elevators. You can look down and see John Hardy Trend on one side and Vintages on the other side. Accessible from either elevator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Glad you enjoyed it

I will say this... I hope some of the current cast are the old cast.  They deserve the applause after 5 years of many guests leaving at the intermission not to come back.  

If Weber hadn’t been a stickler for accuracy, they might have run the play in the shorter format from day one and the “hatred”😉 towards Cats might not exist today. 

• Like 2

How does one sign up for laser tag?  Is it an activity that you can make reservations for (but not available on my activity list on line) or something you wait in line for once on board? If you have to wait in line, how does that work, and how long is the game?

8 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

We’ll have to share the anniversary cake? It looks miniature.

It is tiny. I can’t eat it so my husband got it all to himself. The table of four next to us got one cake.

Just be aware that it’s something they bring out just before the desserts that you ordered. 

1 hour ago, mspect462 said:

How does one sign up for laser tag?  Is it an activity that you can make reservations for (but not available on my activity list on line) or something you wait in line for once on board? If you have to wait in line, how does that work, and how long is the game?

I think it’s first come first served. Each game is 30 minutes according to the cruise planner. It’s set up in Studio B and was available yesterday from 9:30 to 3:30. It’s offered more than once on the cruise. 

OMELETTE ALERT!

They were doing made to order omelettes this morning in the Solarium. 
The egg is an outside supplier premix so they can’t guarantee no milk. The head chef at Solarium made me a fresh egg omelette. 😁

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A couple  more questions about the Flowrider.

For the test were they doing that only on the boogie board side or were they allowing people to do it on the stand up side as well.  Did they put a special punch on your wristband?

thanks

They do the Boogie board test on the Stand Up side too.

You get your white band when you sign the waiver. When you complete the test, the FlowRider staff give you the blue wristband. No need to worry about the test - even I could do it with my wretched knee. Although I think its there to filter out those with agility issues. They had the safety demo on loop when we checked into our cabin.

I’m spectating at FlowRider right now and the smells from Portside BBQ are amazing. 😛

Last day so FlowRider lines are long.

Edited by Neeny12
  • Thanks 2