Sea day brunch?

bubbie74

1 hour ago, bubbie74 said:

Is the sea day brunch the buffet up on Lido or different? If different any details on time and location? Thanks!

The sea day brunch is sit-down service in one of the MDRs.  IMHO, the menu is fantastic.  We almost never miss it!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bubbie74 said:

Is the sea day brunch the buffet up on Lido or different? If different any details on time and location? Thanks!

Sea Day Brunch is in the main dining room from 8am - 1pm on sea days.  It is different from the lido buffet breakfast, and it is phenominal!  

Thanks so much. We haven't sailed on Carnival for a few years. I hope this is something new and we didn't  miss out all the other times. Anyway, we leave on Liberty a week from today. Only 1 sea day but we will be sure to enjoy the brunch!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bubbie74 said:

Thanks so much. We haven't sailed on Carnival for a few years. I hope this is something new and we didn't  miss out all the other times. Anyway, we leave on Liberty a week from today. Only 1 sea day but we will be sure to enjoy the brunch!

If you enjoy beef the filet mignon served with the steak and eggs at the brunch is the most tender cut of beef offered on the ship that you do not pay an additional fee to enjoy. Also, you are welcome to go to the brunch more than once on a sea day. Many people like to go early and choose breakfast items from the menu and later in the afternoon for lunch fare. For us, it's not a sea day on Carnival with going to Seaday Brunch.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Seaday Brunch is a sit down, full service brunch and is not served buffet style.

I actually know this!  😀  We've been many times! I have no  idea why I wrote "buffet". I'm blaming it on lack of coffee that early! LOL   Thanks, sanmarcosman, for catching it.  I don't want to give out misinformation.

1 hour ago, bubbie74 said:

Its been offered for quite a few years.   Some ships have the newer menu.   I dont know if   Liberty has the new menu 

01-brunch.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We absolutely love the sea day brunch. It gives up a chance to sleep in, get dressed at our leisure, and have a HUGE breakfast that will tide us over to dinner time. And the selections are fantastic. I always got the omelette, double orders of link sausage, bacon, hash browns, toast & jelly. We enjoyed the sea day brunch more than eating in the MDR. One thing I missed out on  though was the steak and eggs.

Has anyone ordered steak and omelette(instead of the eggs)? That would put me in breakfast nervana. LOL.

Enjoy sea brunch, but note that the new menu has more lunch items than breakfast items.  Simple French toast or waffles is not on the menu, but our server generously made a special trip to the buffet to get it for us.  Also understand that service can be slow at peak times, and you may have to wait in line to check in and get a table.

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

If you enjoy beef the filet mignon served with the steak and eggs at the brunch is the most tender cut of beef offered on the ship

Totally agree with this!  On my last Carnival cruise, we had 2 sea days, and I got steak and eggs both times.  The filet was cooked to a perfect medium rare and it was as tender as butter!

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Also, you are welcome to go to the brunch more than once on a sea day.

I wondered if you could go more than once!  Thank you - going to go twice on my next cruise in January!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

Totally agree with this!  On my last Carnival cruise, we had 2 sea days, and I got steak and eggs both times.  The filet was cooked to a perfect medium rare and it was as tender as butter!

I wondered if you could go more than once!  Thank you - going to go twice on my next cruise in January!

Yes, I have gone more than once.  I went with my DH and then when my youngest son woke up, I took him.  On the second round, I only had a small snack as I wasn't hungry but they would have let me order whatever.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

The sea day brunch is sit-down service in one of the MDRs. 

Sailing the Magic 02/29/20, and this is my first cruise with TWO consecutive sea days!!   The following Saturday is another sea day, which we love.  The Seaday Brunch is exceptional.  

• Like 1