Elite one category upgrade

Cat4158

Hi. I’m wondering if someone would be kind enough to explain how the one category upgrade works and how to access this benefit. When I go through the reservation process online I’m asked to put in my Captain’s Club number to see what offers are available but there is no mention at all of an  upgrade. Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks in anticipation.

🤔

We book through a travel agent and she gets the upgrade for us. Maybe you have to call Celebrity......btw, the upgrade isn’t just for elite members. As long as one has a Captain’s Club number the one category cabin upgrade up to Aqua is available.

It isn’t so much an upgrade, it is a down price.  You chiose the room you want and pay for the next category lower.  But there are many restrictions.  You can’t cross supercategories, like you can’t go from inside to outside, or ocean view to verandah.  It used to all be explained on the Celebrity website in the Captain’s Club section and I think if you will look there you will still see the Terms and Conditions

• Like 3

In my experience you can’t get it when booking online, the system doesn’t have that option.  So you can book on the phone or through a TA.  According to X it has to be requested at the time of booking.  The one category upgrade must be within the same group i.e., Conceigre  2 for the price of Concierge3.   Suites are excluded as are  Concierge 1 and FV.

You have to speak to someone. The website does not allow this. You save about £20pp... or whatever the difference is between a 2C and a 2B ( for example.).  You cannot jump category and you cannot use it for Gty cabins, and you cannot use it to to to a SV from the top grade of balconies. 

5 hours ago, rdt10 said:

The online system won't apply the discount. You can do a courtesy hold online to hold the cabin you want and then call to have the discount applied. 

And also put a hold on a cabin in the lower priced category if they are few available to make sure one in the lower category remains available so you can get the lower price.

• Like 2