Elite

ROYALBOY

Yes there are  some specialty coffees available  at the CC breakfast.  The laundry is 1 bag per cruise per Elite member.  Each Elite member also gets 90 minutes of unlimited internet or 30% off the purchase of a internet package.

25 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes there are  some specialty coffees available  at the CC breakfast.  The laundry is 1 bag per cruise per Elite member.  Each Elite member also gets 90 minutes of unlimited internet or 30% off the purchase of a internet package.

Sounds great...Thanks

15 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

To be honest, we just don't like the food in the CC breakfast, so we just get a cappuccino or two and then go elsewhere for breakfast.  We enjoy the Aqua Spa Cafe or the MDR as we're not big buffet lovers.

Buffets turn me off. People pick food off their plates then put back for the next person to eat. Yuck!

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The laundry is 1 bag per cruise per Elite member. 

Hi. We just sailed and learned the laundry was not limited to a bag, but was 30 items per Elite member. I did 2 bags of free laundry totaling 30 items. Double check with your room steward.

Enjoy your new Elite status.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Buffets turn me off. People pick food off their plates then put back for the next person to eat. Yuck!

No buffet for sailings out of the U.S.  You order off a menu, and they bring you a plate of what you want, sometimes more than what you want.  

Correct on the 30 items, but on some shorter cruises and cruises where water restrictions are imposed, it could be just 20 items, i.e. 7-night cruises from Bayonne to Bermuda just 20 items.  🍷

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

No buffet for sailings out of the U.S.  You order off a menu, and they bring you a plate of what you want, sometimes more than what you want.  

Correct on the 30 items, but on some shorter cruises and cruises where water restrictions are imposed, it could be just 20 items, i.e. 7-night cruises from Bayonne to Bermuda just 20 items.  🍷

There was on our 14 Night New England/Canada September 2019 Summit cruise out Bayonne. Small and very limited. I would go in just to grab a spicy bloody mary after eating breakfast in the MDR. 

Edited by davekathy

5 hours ago, ROYALBOY said:

Hi all:

Will be new elite when we sail next year. Is there specialty coffee at the elite breakfast? The free laundry bag...is that one per room or one per person? Thanks looking forward.

You will receive a letter (one) in your stateroom on the first day detailing all your elite perks, event, times and places. All perks mentioned on the letter are per person not per stateroom.  

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I saw a lady drop an item off her plate which landed on the floor.  She picked it up and replaced it in the buffet dish.  I think she did not violate the 5 second rule.  Then, as you mentioned, she would take items off her plate and   replace those items in the buffet dish with her fingers..

8 hours ago, keesar said:

I saw a lady drop an item off her plate which landed on the floor.  She picked it up and replaced it in the buffet dish.  I think she did not violate the 5 second rule.  Then, as you mentioned, she would take items off her plate and   replace those items in the buffet dish with her fingers..

Another reason I dislike buffets: about 3 cruises ago took my walking cane due to ankle injury. Left my beach bag on the seat and drink on table while getting a plate of food. Returned to find a couple sitting there who had pushed my belongings over on the seat. Dont people use their heads? I was literally gone about 3 minutes. A nice young man offered me a seat at his table. 

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Another reason I dislike buffets: about 3 cruises ago took my walking cane due to ankle injury. Left my beach bag on the seat and drink on table while getting a plate of food. Returned to find a couple sitting there who had pushed my belongings over on the seat. Dont people use their heads? I was literally gone about 3 minutes. A nice young man offered me a seat at his table. 

Was this in the Tuscan Grille during the Elite and above morning Captains Club breakfast? 

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Was this in the Tuscan Grille during the Elite and above morning Captains Club breakfast? 

No this was ocean view cafe. Could not manage cane, plate, drink and tote bag so left tote bag on chair with my drink in front of it. Returned to find couple sitting there when I said I had placed my drink on the table lady said "nope we are here". Rather than have a confrontation the man seated next to them offered me a seat.  Open your eyes people I didn't bring a cane on board for the fun of it.  

10 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

No this was ocean view cafe. Could not manage cane, plate, drink and tote bag so left tote bag on chair with my drink in front of it. Returned to find couple sitting there when I said I had placed my drink on the table lady said "nope we are here". Rather than have a confrontation the man seated next to them offered me a seat.  Open your eyes people I didn't bring a cane on board for the fun of it.  

OK, I just wanted to make sure for clarification as the small limited item buffet referenced in this thread is the one in the Tuscan Grille for the elite and above morning CC breakfast. 

On 12/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, ROYALBOY said:

Hi all:

Will be new elite when we sail next year. Is there specialty coffee at the elite breakfast? The free laundry bag...is that one per room or one per person? Thanks looking forward.

Here is a scan of the Captains Club Elite letter that was in our stateroom at the start of our Jan 2018 Solstice cruise.

I remember that you were on our roll call for the cancelled Jan 31 Silhouette cruise.  I am sorry that we will not meet!

David

Edited by mahdnc

On 12/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, keesar said:

Honestly I would have reported her.  

On 12/4/2019 at 11:10 PM, drakes2 said:

When we were on Silhouette in June 2018, the food items at the Elite breakfast were pre plated. There was a choice of Cheese, Fruit or the Ultimate breakfast. We ordered the ultimate, as there was more than enough for us to share.

CC442BC9-FB00-4149-BAE0-2502796FE642.jpeg

We are also fans of the buffet plated breakfast and don’t dislike the Captains Club buffet one either...We love a full cooked breakfast some days but on others you just want something light and fresh.

Especially on S class ships with the wonderful wake view it is a great way to start the day! Always enjoy a Bellini and a coffee or two with it.

We also enjoy the Evening Reception once or twice a cruise too...We have a premium drinks package so nothing to do with free drinks, all about the ambience.