Paid for shore excursions then they go on sale!

LuluNOLA

I purchased shore excursions with Celebrity and now I see there’s 30% off. Can I call the cruise line and have them refund me that amount or do I have to cancel the old sure excursions and rebook new ones. Any idea if that can even be done? 

2 minutes ago, LuluNOLA said:

I purchased shore excursions with Celebrity and now I see there’s 30% off. Can I call the cruise line and have them refund me that amount or do I have to cancel the old sure excursions and rebook new ones. Any idea if that can even be done? 

I canceled my excursions and dining and rebooked today at the cheaper rate.

You can cancel and rebook in the cruise planner. That is what I always do. It’s a great feature. Not only for sales. You can change your mind. When you cancel they send an email confirmation within seconds. You can rebook right away at the lower price. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

I had that happen multiple times, they need to be cancelled and rebooked.  They wont refund just the difference.  Its pretty easy to do on line or just call and talk to someone.  I think one excursion I booked and cxled and rebooked 4 times because of lower prices.  No cost to me at all for doing this, just lower prices. 

And check prices to make sure there really is a difference! Those 30% off badges can be meaningless.

I booked two excursions when there was a sale back in October. I just checked this morning and those same two excursions are more expensive with the new sale. One excursion even had a "new offer" badge. 

The cancellation refund takes a few days to get back to your card (if you didn't pay with OBC), yet the new booking charge shows up immediately.

44 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I have had the email today telling me there is UP TO 30% off, but I can’t see any reduction. Am I missing something?

When you look at cruise planner for your cruise... and look at excursions... you should see something like this. It may be that there is no sale for your particular trip... I am looking at March and Dec 2020 caribbean trips

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 12.01.02 PM.png

I just go online and cancel my excursions every time the price drops.  You can save a lot of money if you're on top of things.  It's easy to do.  Like others have said, just make sure there's still space available on your excursion before cancelling.  

I called Celebrity and they gave me the option of canceling and rebooking and that money could take a bit or they would put the difference  as a onboard credit. So I went ahead and approved the onboard credit and just to tell you how awesome they were, the refund amount was $145 and they went ahead and just gave me an extra $150 onboard credit. And as you know with Celebrity I can apply that to any purchase right now before the cruise. Way to go celebrity! 

• Like 1