Eclipse - HIGH Combo tub/shower in Celebrity Suite ?

Hello -

We had a WONDERFUL Celebrity Suite on the Millie recently (Asia Cruise) with the exception of the HORRIBLE HIGH tub/shower combo  - that you had to climb in/out of to take a shower or bath.

We are looking at a great itinerary on the Eclipse ((Singapore-Sydney,Australia)   

This may sound silly to those that have not experienced it - but - 

Can anyone tell us if the Celebrity Suites on the Eclipse have  the same combo shower/tub as the Millie (HIGH, HIGH, HIGH) ?

Thank You   😀

Whilst not as high as the M class I still found it quite awkward to get out of...getting in less of an issue. If you have no mobility issues you will be fine but for guests who have balance issues, are of slight stature or like firm grab rails it isn’t the best choice.

• Like 1

We were in a Sky Suite, on the Equinox, in August, and my wife, all 5’3”, had trouble getting in and out of the tub/shower. Me, being 6’4”, had no problem getting in an out. My problem was with the rain shower head. It only took hitting my head on it four or five times to learn to that I had to duck my head, and leave it down in order to use it. Using the wand doesn’t do it for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I don't understand why they didn't fix this when they rebuilt the CS on Millie recently.

I believe the reason on the M-Class ships is the plumbing is underneath the bathtub.  You will notice that the SS have a 6 inch step up from the main floor while the CS bathroom floor is flush with the floor of the suite.   It may also be that the tub on the M-Class is jetted and need extra room for the plumbing.    The S-Classs tub is not jetted.

I have a mobility issue in that my right knee does not bend. I am only 5’ 4” so unless we sail in a HC Sky Suite , I have to go to the female locker room  to use the HC shower. If we anticipate taking a suite, we always try for a sunset suite so I’m using the HC shower almost every night.

9 minutes ago, Knolmom said:

I have a mobility issue in that my right knee does not bend. I am only 5’ 4” so unless we sail in a HC Sky Suite , I have to go to the female locker room  to use the HC shower. If we anticipate taking a suite, we always try for a sunset suite so I’m using the HC shower almost every night.

Definitely don't book a CS on an M-Class ship.    I'm 6' tall and it can be treacherous getting into and out of the bathtub/shower combination.   Worst part of the design is there really isn't an convenient support to hold on.   I usually grab the edge of the glass panel which I'm sure isn't the safest.  

RS are quite nice and have a separate walk in shower in addition to a jetted tub.

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

image.png.8f4c32ce43a4d1c0f8108a1e281eee69.png

Just one more issue:  Note that the black object at the edge of the folded bathmat in the picture

above is a doorstop.  When getting out of the shower, one must remember to step OVER the doorstop

as it might be covered by the bathmat.  Stepping on the doorstop can be very dangerous.  BEWARE!

I like the CS, but that bathroom is the reason I book RS. I was disappointed with The Edge that they did not put in just a shower. Everyone has their preferences, but I do not use tubs, except to clean my dive gear :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, candydane said:

Is there a rubberized non-slip bath mat inside the tub?  We're in a SS on Equinox.

No -  There is no mat in any of the suites I have traveled in.    The floor of the tub have a rough "non-slip" surface which I am sure isn't always non-slip.

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No -  There is no mat in any of the suites I have traveled in.    The floor of the tub have a rough "non-slip" surface which I am sure isn't always non-slip.

Always place a towel in the tube before taking a shower.  Creates the non-slip surface needed for better safety.

Those tubs with their high sides and slick bottoms are a real liability. We were in a SS on the Eclipse once and I had such a hard time getting in/out. Factor in the motion of the ship and you have a recipe for disaster. I warned a friend with mobility issues about them, but she refused to listen to me. Once she experienced one for herself, she had to ask to use a shower in a regular cabin down the hall from her suite. We have never bothered with a suite since then, and the regular shower is just fine.

What about the tubs on a Solstice Class (specifically the Equinox ??) -

Just got a GREAT deal - 11 night Caribbean - Aft Sky Suite - now am worried about the shower/tub combo being as bad as on the Mille  🙄

Does anyone have a picture ?? Or knowledge on the height of the tub ?

Thank You 

Edited by GreenValleyDogWalker
typo

18 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thank you for the picture

Any idea if there are any "grab bars" ? -

On the Millie -  you had to hold on to the edge of the glass shower door

I found one photo and there is a grab bar but looks pretty useless by location.   Maybe handy to get up from the tub as it looks too low to assist getting into or out of tub.

Looks like another one near the shower controls that would also be useless to get into or out of tub.

image.png.be3562a5b4239f6ef007b680b426e440.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

On the Millie in an SS in August...no grab bars.  At 5’ 1” and knee issues, it is a nightmare for me, even with spouse help.  Really like the Luminae and other benefits of an SS ( tho not the new decor so much), but this bath issue is getting close to being a deal breaker.