Corner Family Cabin - M Class

Slakes

We are lucky enough to be booked in a corner family cabin (2 adults, 2 teens) on our Summit sailing.  I have read on here that these are the most desirable balconies on the ship next to the penthouse and I'm really excited.  Has anyone sailed in these and been bothered by the closed wall below railing/limited ability to see out when seated in the lounge chairs?  I'm wondering which is better the corner or the one next to it with open glass below the railing.  I'm sure both are amazing, I just envision sitting in the lounge chair and watching the sail away and can't decide if I could see anything when seated in the corner balcony.  Thanks for any suggestions!

I've sailed in one on the Summit years ago.  In the corners, the whole side facing the sea depending what side of the ship you're on is open.  Metal open railing if that makes sense.  Also you do have a little plexi that faces aft but not much.  Some decks have a little more see through plexi than others.  Deck 7 has the largest amount of plexi followed by deck 8 and I believe deck 9 has none.

I would stick with the corner but if you truly want that aft feeling, go with the 2nd ones in.  Happy Cruising.

20 minutes ago, Slakes said:

We are lucky enough to be booked in a corner family cabin (2 adults, 2 teens) on our Summit sailing.  I have read on here that these are the most desirable balconies on the ship next to the penthouse and I'm really excited.  Has anyone sailed in these and been bothered by the closed wall below railing/limited ability to see out when seated in the lounge chairs?  I'm wondering which is better the corner or the one next to it with open glass below the railing.  I'm sure both are amazing, I just envision sitting in the lounge chair and watching the sail away and can't decide if I could see anything when seated in the corner balcony.  Thanks for any suggestions!

These are awesome cabins.  Do not move next door.  Your balcony will not be as large and you will sacrifice your view in almost all directions.  If there's something you really want to see, stand up and go to the railing.  I sailed the Norwegian fjords in one of these.  Fantastic experience.

Get it while you can, before they are altered to Sunset Suites. Reclassification means much bigger bucks.

We’ve stayed in all the corner FVs on M class ships except for Summit (only due to itineraries) and love those balconies. You can stand up to see over the metalwork if you need to.

@Slakes, your question comes up trim time to time and there are a minority of people that prefer the non corner FV because they want the full clear wall. 

Our family of 4 prefer the corner ones and we have sailed in them 4 times (with a fifth one booked).

The corner FVs are also bigger on the inside versus the non corner version.  You will find smoke space for your family with this cabin. 

D77646E8-CF87-4296-9113-99952FBB33C5.jpeg

30D0EF0E-4DA8-4655-910B-C7FE5B1ED196.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

16 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

@Slakes, your question comes up trim time to time and there are a minority of people that prefer the non corner FV because they want the full clear wall. 

Our family of 4 prefer the corner ones and we have sailed in them 4 times (with a fifth one booked).

The corner FVs are also bigger on the inside versus the non corner version.  You will find smoke space for your family with this cabin. 

D77646E8-CF87-4296-9113-99952FBB33C5.jpeg

The picture is worth a thousand words.  You can always pull the lounge chairs over to the side that has the railing.  It won't be a true aft view but it is still really something.  

Note:  if you place the lounge chairs right where they are located in the photo while in port, be careful of the seagulls that like to land on the edge of the overhang above.  I  would either put them under the overhang or at the very aft edge of the balcony.  😉 

4 hours ago, Slakes said:

Never sailed in one, but had friends sail in it with us in an aft cabin.  They loved it.  

Can/will a well tipped steward be able to rustle up a pair of 'taller' chairs?  We would be spectacularly unpicky - even unbacked barstools would be just fine.  Just curious as to whether that's something we could ask for.  We are very, very interested in this cabin type for an Alaskan cruise... 

We are lucky to have a corner aft on our Summit 10 day cruise in May. Have been in one twice before. Any one who has been in one recently can you tell me about the mirror and hair dryer situation. Have heard the corner afts no longer have a mirror near the hairdryer.

Laura

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

We are lucky to have a corner aft on our Summit 10 day cruise in May. Have been in one twice before. Any one who has been in one recently can you tell me about the mirror and hair dryer situation. Have heard the corner afts no longer have a mirror near the hairdryer.

Laura

Yes, that is what has been reported.  A spectacular gaffe on Celebrity's designer's part.  Unfortunately, so much of the "renovation" involved form over function.  So bring your own mirror and ignore Celebrity's bad design decisions.  Otherwise, this is a fabulous cabin.

And please come back and let us know if you discover that Celebrity has realized the error of its ways and rectified the situation.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

10 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yes, that is what has been reported.  A spectacular gaffe on Celebrity's designer's part.  Unfortunately, so much of the "renovation" involved form over function.  So bring your own mirror and ignore Celebrity's bad design decisions.  Otherwise, this is a fabulous cabin.

And please come back and let us know if you discover that Celebrity has realized the error of its ways and rectified the situation.

I wonder if they will be redesigned again to make them all into Sunset Suites, like the ones on Connie?

21 hours ago, villauk said:

I wonder if they will be redesigned again to make them all into Sunset Suites, like the ones on Connie?

Is there solid information on the Sunset Suites coming on the Constellation? They didn't put them on Millenium or Summit. Celebrity is still taking bookings for the October 31st transatlantic for corner FVs. This would be well after the scheduled completion date on Constellation's revolution.

1 hour ago, sasset said:

Is there solid information on the Sunset Suites coming on the Constellation? They didn't put them on Millenium or Summit. Celebrity is still taking bookings for the October 31st transatlantic for corner FVs. This would be well after the scheduled completion date on Constellation's revolution.

Yes, it was on another thread where all the Connie itineraries were removed off the website as X have recategorised many cabins. I’ll try and find the link. It was also on a recent review where the OP had gained pricing for the Sunset Suites (formerly FVs) on Solstice after her dry-dock (see below).

Above is information regarding the Connie Sunset Suites available for booking. 

Edited by villauk

1 hour ago, sasset said:

Just do a sample booking in Jan 2021.  They are available for booking at a very steep premium.  Between CS and RS.

I just checked the Infinity and don't see the same although I don't think they have closed down sailings to reclassify stateroom capacities like they did with Connie.  Maybe that fun is on the horizon.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Infinity and don't see the same although I don't think they have closed down sailings to reclassify stateroom capacities like they did with Connie.  Maybe that fun is on the horizon.

I think they will do it with all the corner FVs - said so before the revolution started (so did Chemmo) - as those cabins are prime real estate in the positions they hold. I’m just glad we’ve been able to sail in them in the past.

X are pushing the suite experience so it makes sense to increase the capacity of suites in the current fleet without too much extra work - the FVs are perfect for their need.

Edited by villauk

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just do a sample booking in Jan 2021.  They are available for booking at a very steep premium.  Between CS and RS.

I just checked the Infinity and don't see the same although I don't think they have closed down sailings to reclassify stateroom capacities like they did with Connie.  Maybe that fun is on the horizon.

Just did a  sample Constellation booking for January, 2021. Showing several FV's on two of the three cruises. One has Sunset Suite sold out. I go out to May, 2021and all of the FV's are listed ans Sunset Verandas. 

I agree.  I don't think they would need a dry dock to renovate these rooms either.  My issue is with the pricing.  Seems that somewhere between S1 and CS would  be more appropriate.  The layout doesn't lend itself to a real upper level suite with a real separate bedroom.