Princess Pricing Error

lucas34

Has anyone benefited from a Princess Pricing Error?

The single balcony 13 nights cruise with all taxes is  only 16 euros/ 17USD, it seemed too good to be true. I made my reservation but one day later I got an email where they told that the ship is full for that cruise, which is not true as other cruise web pages have this cruise (with higher price of course).

I was just reading another post and the OP was steamed he couldn't get the price with all the perks that he saw online.  Obvious errors do not have to be honored.  When I've gotten pricing like this in the past, I've learned it is best to just call in and confirm .... state your case and don't try to get away with anything ... 

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  I start my conversation with, 'I don't want to see anybody get in trouble or fired but I just booked this special I saw online ... will it be honored?'  I've had companies say yes, they will honor it, in the past but nothing to this degree.  Kindness and honesty are always the best way to approach this ... but, always be prepared for them to say no.  

• Like 7

Actually it does happen with Princess. Two years ago I booked,online,a 21 night cruise around the Med, top aft balcony cabin as a solo for £1000......the correct price should have been £10,000. The error was noted some time later and after producing  and sending all the paperwork ,which I had copied,the fare was honoured. There where 2 others one this cruise who obtained the same fare as we met up onboard to celebrate.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Actually it does happen with Princess. Two years ago I booked,online,a 21 night cruise around the Med, top aft balcony cabin as a solo for £1000......the correct price should have been £10,000. The error was noted some time later and after producing  and sending all the paperwork ,which I had copied,the fare was honoured. There where 2 others one this cruise who obtained the same fare as we met up onboard to celebrate.

I have too much pride to take advantage of others' mistakes.

• Like 3

If you notice when booking a cruise on their site now, they now show you the cost at the very beginning for the deposit.  I think this was done because just a month or so before, I wanted to book a WS for $1 and was told that since was a suite, it would be $100pp.  I explained nicely that nowhere on the website in all the small print, did it state that suites were exempted.  She agreed, and gave me some freebies as a "sorry".  I was very happy as I was going on this cruise and $100 or $1 really not important in the scheme of things, but I did get a couple free specialty dinners, free drinks packages etc.  So if you discuss nicely and are correct, Princess will comp you reasonably I think.  Interesting to see that they changed their format of booking shortly after!

Pooh

• Like 1

Approx 5 yrs ago, found great price on Princess site ... b2b, 20 days total in mini-suite for $1850pp (about the same as an inside) ... called Princess and booked ... an hour or so later, the site price was corrected and doubled ... Princess honored our price 

• Like 1

Some prices are obviously errors. I'm not sure how one would know that a 21-day cruise for £1,000 or a 20-day one in a minisuite for $1,850 per person is a mistake and not just a great price. A couple of years ago we received offers for last-minute cruises that were ridiculously low priced: $199 for a 10-day cruise (plus $135 for taxes and fees). Our balcony cabin was $329.

• Like 1