NO GO FOR A PRE -ARRANGED MEET AND MINGLE

Just now, Katwoman007 said:

For ours, we were a talkative group, so we decided to meet on a certain date and time up in the night club, where it is open during the day, but not busy. They were hoping to have it posted in the patter, so that it would serve as a reminder, but it never happened. We had about 20 or so join in. Someone brought pens and someone brought name tags. I usually do not like going out of my way.. but it was nice to meet people. 

Princess will not post it in the Patter and you don't want it posted in the Patter.   You would get passengers walking in thinking it was a group wanted to discuss problems with their cruise.    It has happened even when it was not posted.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northern Light said:

There is usually a photo display near passenger services which shows names of some you might wish to invite to your M&G.  It is always better to address envelopes and invitation with the names of invited guests.  We have always enjoyed having many crew attend our M&Gs but it is not always possible for them as duty will call.   Some captains aren’t that personable while others enjoy meeting Cruise Critic passengers. Would also suggest that if you see the cruise director, invite him/her personally and ask they can find out if others received your invitation.  Sometimes crew simply does not receive the invite.  This has happened a few times.  Also on two occasions have had to pay for a microphone so be aware.   Having a micophone can be quite helpful.

Sandy

Thank you Sandy for the helpful information. 

I was told the charge for the mic is $10.

1 hour ago, waltd said:

Princess will not post it in the Patter and you don't want it posted in the Patter.   You would get passengers walking in thinking it was a group wanted to discuss problems with their cruise.    It has happened even when it was not posted.   

I honestly am only speaking from what some were saying lol It worked for our group in the end lol 

12 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

It did not happen.. lol I had zero knowledge of what was supposed to happen as our first cruise we did not have a meet up lol Only repeating what was said. I know now! 😛 

Yeah I get it.

I want others who have M&G's coming up to know that too.  😉

As I am in New Zealand I go through groupbookings@princesscruises.com.au who liaise for me with the ship.

They set the time, date and place UNLESS you make a specific request.  They seem to offer 10am on the First Sea Day.   I always ask for 11am so we can arrange a lunch immediately afterwards.

I have a "proforma" letter for each officer, I try to get the names from someone on the cruise before the one I am on.  Also a specific one for the captain. 

• Like 1

When you contact the Princess Representative for setting up a location for the Meet & Greet you can request that a bar tender is available for the group. Make sure you request a “Cash” or “No Host” bar. If you don’t they may try to set it up with you being the host who will pay for all of the drinks. This happened to me the first time I set one up. After boarding I found a note in my room stating that I was the host for the bar. It took a while for me to get this straightened out before the meeting.

Dear Canadian Cruise Queen

Only you can correct the title of this thread, and I ask that you kindly do so, as it is quite misleading to anyone just scrolling through the topics. Please. Because Meet and Greets on Princess are actually quite simple to arrange, and it is easy to invite the officers to the event.

I handwrite invitations to each of the officers that are to be invited, and also the Maitre d', the Executive Chef, the Captain's Circle Host or Hostess and Future Cruise Sales staffer. You will find the name of the senior hotel and bridge officers easily available to you upon embarkation,  in the Princess Patter that is waiting in your stateroom. I usually plan a 3 min sit down with that as soon as we are on board, to put their name on the envelope and personally address the invitation itself (bring the same pen you used to write the invitation out before you boarded), and then I promptly proceed to the customer service desk and ask that they make sure the invitations are distributed.  Frequently the maître d' doesn't get his, because he has an additional mail system for the dining room matters. 

Princess will provide cocktail wait staff and a bar tender in the lounge to which your group is assigned, in case any attendee wishes to purchase beverages. If you are hosting, be on the lookout for officers to show up, and sort of call the group to order to introduce them and give them the floor to speak and answer questions.

If anyone has arranged private tours and the like, let everyone know at the outset that those matters can be addressed at the conclusion of the meet and greet event itself, and suggest that they meet with their people in a specific area of lounge (so they can easily find one another at the end of the event.) Frequently it is also helpful to have the organizers of various on board group functions address the details toward the end of the event as well. 

I always make a note of the officers that do attend and make sure to send them hand-written thank you notes for attending. 

Enjoy your cruise - Bon Voyage.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Officers/staff/crew can change frequently.

They are coming and going all the time.

The names you get from one cruise could be different on the following cruise.

The best way is to make out the invitations and leave the name blank.

Once onboard the Embarkation Day Patter will have all the current main officers listed on the front page.

Just fill in the name on your invitations then.

Once on board I take the named invites to Passenger Services and they will deliver them. 

13 hours ago, Katwoman007 said:

For ours, we were a talkative group, so we decided to meet on a certain date and time up in the night club, where it is open during the day, but not busy. They were hoping to have it posted in the patter, so that it would serve as a reminder, but it never happened. We had about 20 or so join in. Someone brought pens and someone brought name tags. I usually do not like going out of my way.. but it was nice to meet people. 

On some of our cruises where the roll call is not very active and no one wants to plan a meet and greet, I have suggested meeting for lunch in the MDR at noon on the first sea day.  We meet up, advise the maitre d' who seats us all in the same area and we have had a great time that way.  The biggest group we have had is 20 people.  I like this as nothing really has to be done ahead of time yet we get to meet.  Now if 50 people had showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, it's just like 50 people showed up for lunch I guess!!!  Grin.

Pooh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ggprincess2004 said:

Only you can correct the title of this thread, and I ask that you kindly do so, as it is quite misleading to anyone just scrolling through the topics. Please. Because Meet and Greets on Princess are actually quite simple to arrange, and it is easy to invite the officers to the event.

I handwrite invitations to each of the officers that are to be invited, and also the Maitre d', the Executive Chef, the Captain's Circle Host or Hostess and Future Cruise Sales staffer. You will find the name of the senior hotel and bridge officers easily available to you upon embarkation,  in the Princess Patter that is waiting in your stateroom. I usually plan a 3 min sit down with that as soon as we are on board, to put their name on the envelope and personally address the invitation itself (bring the same pen you used to write the invitation out before you boarded), and then I promptly proceed to the customer service desk and ask that they make sure the invitations are distributed.  Frequently the maître d' doesn't get his, because he has an additional mail system for the dining room matters. 

Princess will provide cocktail wait staff and a bar tender in the lounge to which your group is assigned, in case any attendee wishes to purchase beverages. If you are hosting, be on the lookout for officers to show up, and sort of call the group to order to introduce them and give them the floor to speak and answer questions.

If anyone has arranged private tours and the like, let everyone know at the outset that those matters can be addressed at the conclusion of the meet and greet event itself, and suggest that they meet with their people in a specific area of lounge (so they can easily find one another at the end of the event.) Frequently it is also helpful to have the organizers of various on board group functions address the details toward the end of the event as well. 

I always make a note of the officers that do attend and make sure to send them hand-written thank you notes for attending. 

Hi, can you tell me how to do that please. I have tried but can't figure it out.

I followed the cruise critic instructions to contact princess at the 1-800 number which was incorrect.  I spoke to an executive with princess who clearly told me they DO NOT prearrange meet and greets.  I told her I would post that on cruise critic.  I'm surprised at the lack of knowledge of the people I spoke to at princess. 

The main thing is that I learned a lesson to ask here rather than asking the cruise line.

Thank you for your detailed description.  Its appreciated.

Evelyn 

Edited by canadian cruise queen

17 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Princess has had a standard $10 Mic charge in their venue M&G's for more than 10 years.

It is listed in their policies.

I have set up a lot and helped set up a lot more.

The $10 was never charged on any of them.

thanks for mentioning the mic, didn't know it was possible, i'll request one for our M&G on the Star next month.  Did you request it once you were onboard, or in advance ?

3 minutes ago, RotaryMike said:

thanks for mentioning the mic, didn't know it was possible, i'll request one for our M&G on the Star next month.  Did you request it once you were onboard, or in advance ?

Depending on the venue it may be available/there right away.

But I would go ahead and request it early so it is there and you don't have to yell.

1 hour ago, canadian cruise queen said:

Hi, can you tell me how to do that please. I have tried but can't figure it out.

I followed the cruise critic instructions to contact princess at the 1-800 number which was incorrect.  I spoke to an executive with princess who clearly told me they DO NOT prearrange meet and greets.  I told her I would post that on cruise critic.  I'm surprised at the lack of knowledge of the people I spoke to at princess. 

The main thing is that I learned a lesson to ask here rather than asking the cruise line.

Thank you for your detailed description.  Its appreciated.

Evelyn 

These are the instructions from the moderators since the website has been updated.....

Go to the first post in the thread. Click the "Report post" link in the top right-hand corner of the post - you may need to hover over the post to get that link to show - and then use the pop-up box to explain to the mods what has happened and what you would like to ask them to do.

It was easier before all the changes they made, everything here was much easier then. Do I sound like I don' t like change? lol.

1 hour ago, canadian cruise queen said:

On 1/8/2020 at 12:34 PM, canadian cruise queen said:

I have been compiling a list of people on my roll call that want to be included in a meet and mingle. I found the contact info on cruise critic. I called the customer service number and was told that Princess does not plan Cruise Critic meet and mingles. I sent an email to the executive office to confirm. I got a call this morning from them and was told that they do not do this. The only way to have a meet and mingle is to get on the ship and plan it then. For me that doesn't work. I need to arrange ahead of time so i can inform my fellow cruisers of the time and place. I have arranged numerous meet and greets in the past with other cruise lines and they have been very accommodating. (NCL does it the best). 

Just wanted to let everyone know so you don't waste time planning a meet and mingle. 

FYI...Princess does not use the term it’s a Meet & Greet. As it has been explained you don’t call Princess but contact the person from Princess that handles the ship you’re going on. 

I have done many Meet & Greets & have many templates, I just finished on on the Emerald Princess & had 80 people plus 12 different officers including the Captain. I’m willing to offer you anything I have. Please email me at trbarton743 at aol dot com. 

Tom🇵🇦

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 2:29 PM, canadian cruise queen said:

Thank you so much for the help. I have never done a meet and greet with princess. I looked up how to arrange it on cruise critic and that was the information that was given for Princess.

When I did the NCL meet and greet recently cruise critic had the contact for them so I just assumed the info for Princess was correct.

I will contact the person directly. 

Cheers, Evelyn 

Hi Evelyn;

When you connect with the Princess rep, give the time, date AND location that you want to have the Meet and Greet on.  They will respond with the details of the meeting, and normally provide a cash bar and snacks.  We picked first sea day at 11 in Skywalkers nightclub.

The rest is up to the roll call participants to arrange!   

You will also have to send the final numbers 14 days before the cruise starts.  

They are very responsive

Edited by Valiamo

On 1/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, canadian cruise queen said:

Thank you Sandy for the helpful information. 

I was told the charge for the mic is $10.

I’ve never had to pay for a microphone. I wait until I get on the ship & then I ask. 

Tom

15 hours ago, ggprincess2004 said:

I did send in the request to change the heading on my post. Hopefully they will do it. 

Just now, canadian cruise queen said:

I did send in the request to change the heading on my post. Hopefully they will do it. 

In my mind it's nothing to worry about.  We get what you were trying to say.   Enjoy planning your cruise.

• Like 1