Carnival Valor is doing two transatlantic cruises next year

shof515

6 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Just wish Carnival did more TA's in the summer, like the Radiance is doing this June. They'd make a fortune!

Not necessarily. It’s more cost effective to sail these TA cruises at the break even point in order to get the ships over to Europe in time for the summer season. The positioning is imperative to command consistent higher fares.

Sure, you may think families and kids would be onboard but it’s nowhere near as common as one would expect.

The revenue management team understands this model and their cruise forecasts to know this deployment is the best option. 

Edited by xDisconnections

14 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

It looks like a 2 week break between cruises.  I bet it going to get the repairs done from the crash.  Since its so far out they might do a complete dry dock while it's there.  That gives them time to get everything organized.

my 2 cents

What crash?  I thought it was the Glory that crashed into the Legend.  What did I miss about the Valor?  I will be on the Valor in May and would like to know if it has been damaged.

1 minute ago, luv2trvlnow said:

What crash?  I thought it was the Glory that crashed into the Legend.  What did I miss about the Valor?  I will be on the Valor in May and would like to know if it has been damaged.

2 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

You are correct.  my bad  brain fart

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Not necessarily. It’s more cost effective to sail these TA cruises at the break even point in order to get the ships over to Europe in time for the summer season. The positioning is imperative to command consistent higher fares.

Sure, you may think families and kids would be onboard but it’s nowhere near as common as one would expect.

The revenue management team understands this model and their cruise forecasts to know this deployment is the best option. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If they made a “fortune” from these cruises, which they don’t, they obviously would offer more of them. 

Well to that I say, how come the Carnival Radiance's TA is already sold out 6 months before it sets sail?

19 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Well to that I say, how come the Carnival Radiance's TA is already sold out 6 months before it sets sail?

and also the Carnival Legend TA out of NYC sold out within a few weeks when that itinerary was released 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

and also the Carnival Legend TA out of NYC sold out within a few weeks when that itinerary was released 

The difference is... the Legend has a very low capacity doing a special itinerary — at an inexpensive cost. The Valor is only visiting the basic TA ports.

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

The ship will sail at the break even or at a loss. The stateroom fares are low with an extremely low per diem. Onboard spend will be minimal based on the demographics sailing. I’ve previously posted an in-depth analysis outlining how TA and South America cruises are a loss with Carnival if you’re curious how. Unfortunately, I’m not able to directly link you right now as I’m, ironically, on a South America/Antarctica cruise.

Staterooms could also be blocked for contractors as the ship may not be finished completely. It’s common for the cruise lines to perform renovations during repositioning cruises.

Generally speaking, TA cruises are given away at bargain prices — sometimes under $500 including taxes for a 14 night cruise. They aren’t profitable unless it’s a special one.

Edited by xDisconnections

We were just on the Valor in November. We had a great balcony room but overall the ship seems rather small for a long voyage like that. I hope they don't "forget" to set the stabilizers like the rumor was on our cruise. I was so sick in Gulf I can't imagine being like that in the middle of the Atlantic! 🤮

21 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Staterooms could also be blocked for contractors as the ship may not be finished completely. It’s common for the cruise lines to perform renovations during repositioning cruises.

The TA is not an inaugural cruise. There are four other sailings prior, so I assume most, if not all contracting work will be complete.

9 minutes ago, Sebleo said:

I’ve always wondered... could you book both of those TA cruises and vacation in Europe in between? 

Ive read so many threads on the rules but honestly still don’t fully understand them. 

Yes. It’s done frequently on Cunard and when it matches up when combining cruise lines.