Exciting announcement

Pirateguy

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

I thought I didn't like Jazz until we started cruising.. 

Nothing better than sitting in Metropolis listening to a jazz band play smoke on the water on trumpets... 

Andy 

I'd have to have a LOT of cocktails to enjoy jazz. I like all types of music from classical to heavy rock but jazz is just one of those things I just can't stand !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I'd have to have a LOT of cocktails to enjoy jazz. I like all types of music from classical to heavy rock but jazz is just one of those things I just can't stand !

It might have been the drink... 😊

We had quite a few of something called Flora Dora's?? Don't even know what's in it, the waiter recommended it... 

Andy 

10 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It might have been the drink... 😊

We had quite a few of something called Flora Dora's?? Don't even know what's in it, the waiter recommended it... 

Andy 

Sounds like a good cruise !!!!!!!! :classic_laugh::classic_biggrin:

Hubby just putting 'Flora Dora's' in to his phone for August ;-) :classic_wacko:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sounds like a good cruise !!!!!!!! :classic_laugh::classic_biggrin:

Hubby just putting 'Flora Dora's' in to his phone for August 😉 :classic_wacko:

They were very strong and gin based.. Wasn't sure at first, but after about 6 they were fantastic.. 

Be careful, you will come home loving Jazz... 😊

Andy 

49 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

One of the things I like about P&O's smaller ships is that the in-house orchestra usually do at least a couple of jazz sessions in the Crow's Nest.  I have one memory from quite a few years ago now of a female passenger joining the orchestra jazz session to sing - she was brilliant.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

They were very strong and gin based.. Wasn't sure at first, but after about 6 they were fantastic.. 

Be careful, you will come home loving Jazz... 😊

Andy 

But only when under the influence ;-)

10 minutes ago, Britboys said:

One of the things I like about P&O's smaller ships is that the in-house orchestra usually do at least a couple of jazz sessions in the Crow's Nest.  I have one memory from quite a few years ago now of a female passenger joining the orchestra jazz session to sing - she was brilliant.

Sounds like my idea of hell on the sea, but that's what's great about cruising. We're all different and they try to cater for everyone.

Now us, we love the sound of someone tinkling on the piano in that lovely atrium (e.g. on Oceana).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Britboys said:

They also have it on the larger ships... 

Metropolis on Ventura was our choice this last one, but our best memories are from the Crystal Rooms on Britannia with a live Jazz band and watching the dancers. 

As I said before, we have never been big Jazz fans but have some great memories of it whilst cruising. 

Like many things, something we wouldn't usually do at home. 

Andy 

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

They also have it on the larger ships... 

Metropolis on Ventura was our choice this last one, but our best memories are from the Crystal Rooms on Britannia with a live Jazz band and watching the dancers. 

As I said before, we have never been big Jazz fans but have some great memories of it whilst cruising. 

Like many things, something we wouldn't usually do at home. 

Andy 

But again, every time I went to the Planet Bar on Azura, it was rammed to the gunwhales and virtually impossible to find a seat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Sounds like my idea of hell on the sea, but that's what's great about cruising. We're all different and they try to cater for everyone.

Now us, we love the sound of someone tinkling on the piano in that lovely atrium (e.g. on Oceana).

The last time I was on Oceana they had the semi resident jazz band (Ivana Safranova?) playing in the atrium to an audience of about 20. Much better when they were in the larger venues.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

But again, every time I went to the Planet Bar on Azura, it was rammed to the gunwhales and virtually impossible to find a seat.

Although busy, we always got a seat in Metropolis when we wanted to, but it was more down to lucky timing. 

We find more chill out spaces on the bigger ships than we did on Oceana, everything was too on top of each other for us. 

I do agree with all your points in comparison to Aurora, just saying we still have had great holidays, despite the hordes... 

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Although busy, we always got a seat in Metropolis when we wanted to, but it was more down to lucky timing. 

We find more chill out spaces on the bigger ships than we did on Oceana, everything was too on top of each other for us. 

I do agree with all your points in comparison to Aurora, just saying we still have had great holidays, despite the hordes... 

Andy 

I do agree about Oceana.  the Sun Class was really built for warm-weather cruising so have excellent outdoor space but not so good inside.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Britboys said:

Yes, I also really enjoy when members of the show orchestra play other venues such as the Crow's Nest, Metropolis, Planet Bar or the Crystal Rooms etc. Even better when some get together and just play off the cuff without sheet music. It doesn't really matter to me if they play something that I wouldn't choose myself, I just enjoy the live music performance and appreciate their talent.

• Like 4

I have racked my brains to think of someone who is a singer, songwriter, producer and performer as per the email received today from P&O. What about NEIL SEDAKA although I know he's American? Just a thought.