Book today or Tomorrow

Ought To Be Cruising

38 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Can you elaborate?

Cruisestitch pretty much hit it.     Many countries have non-refundable bookings and often disallow any price matching after booking.    In the U.S.  we can cancel and price adjust without penalty up to final payment date.   Since the OP did not post their  location in the  profile I thought it was prudent to point out.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cruisestitch pretty much hit it.     Many countries have non-refundable bookings and often disallow any price matching after booking.    In the U.S.  we can cancel and price adjust without penalty up to final payment date.   Since the OP did not post their  location in the  profile I thought it was prudent to point out.  

I suspected that might have been what you were trying to indicate, but it's not accurate to state "U.S. bookings only". Canadian bookings, for example, are treated the same as U.S. bookings. Maybe "Doesn't apply to booking made in all countries" instead of "U.S. bookings only"?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I suspected that might have been what you were trying to indicate, but it's not accurate to state "U.S. bookings only". Canadian bookings, for example, are treated the same as U.S. bookings. Maybe "Doesn't apply to booking made in all countries" instead of "U.S. bookings only"?

Really good point.   Wasn't sure about Canada.    I read often of UK and Australian bookings not being able to to do the same.  

Wonder if Mexico and Central American are the same as the U.S. and then we could say North American Bookings. 

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Good point, yet many of us do not know this and as such use the 'qualifier' U.S. bookings only.

I, personally, would not have really known that all of North America (NA) was included in this policy and almost always qualify it as U.S. unless a poster, like yourself, provided an update.

bon voyage

• Like 2

I have just booked yesterday and will be curious to see the new promotion. Meanwhile, I can't see the document without some further sign-in. Apparently being signed in to Tapatalk is not signing in to Tapatalk? Perhaps it's a private Google Doc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the pdf link. I've been trying to reach friends aboard the Equinox who booked for them and us on Sunday, to ask if they'd book for DBiL/DSiL before the sale expires. So far no response from the cruisers, but if they can't be reached, only the Onboard booking credit will be lost, and DBiL/DSiL can wait until the 30th for the same sale!

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Book now (unless if after final payment) and if a better deal tomorrow call in and have them upgrade your reservation with the new promotion or price if better than you have.   U.S. bookings only.

if my final payment is march 8, am i able to transfer new deal  back to the old deal even though is non refundable??

didnt book yet but for the record past 2 weeks been following my cruise and it went up 400 today but includes all perks as before

12 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

didnt book yet but for the record past 2 weeks been following my cruise and it went up 400 today but includes all perks as before

Just checked into pricing for the cruise I was hoping our friends on the Equinox could book for DBiL/DSiL and it is up $400 also, but the big box is giving an additional $50 shop card- woo-ee!

whew got lucky, price went back down today so i will save 800 today instead of measly 400 yesterday. they always say prices go up so they can mark them down and this is 100% proof all sales are scams. never believe any countdown clocks. same on NCL too.  

actually they took away one perk. so the price truly went up 300 or more

Edited by luckyinpa

Today's sale will either save us $800 or allow a move up to Concierge for $100 p/p and keep all four (4) perks, either scenario! We will lose $150 in OBC, too.

A quick question for the sage 'upgraders' with X, will future upgrade ability be based on my original fare basis or the 'up graded' fare basis were I to upgrade today and next month a lower fare appears for next cabin (or two) levels up, become within a comfortable pricing range?

bon voyage

Bo -   Your future up gradable fare will be based off of the current "up graded" bases fare and promotion (the new fare you get today).   In other word when you upgrade, you are re-ticket and that becomes your new fare basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

So I (apparently unwisely) booked and made final payment on a cruise 80 days out two days ago. Now same cabin class is $400pp less, plus more perks. Nothing they will do, right?

Believe that you may be able to upgrade if your new payment is at least a $1 more. So may be able to get an upgrade with more perks for minimal upcharge.