Your favorite women's medallion holder?

flahagan

I am going on a 26-night TA on Regal in April and I really don't want to fool with a lanyard that whole time.  Thoughts on the wristbands?  The bracelet looks nice but is costly.  Thanks in advance for your opinions.

1 hour ago, candy4040 said:

My husband ordered the wristband and it looks like it may not securely hold the medallion.  We are returning it once on board.  The lanyard actually isn't that bad.

Does the medallion come with a lanyard?  I have several cute ones but don't know if they'll work with the medallion.  Thanks to all for the responses.

I have worn the wristband on three cruises. Never had a problem with the medallion falling out. Initially I thought it might but once it is on your wrist no problem. 

Husband used the clip and it went missing while on shore. Real pain when we returned to the ship with no medallion. He had it clipped so it would ‘land in his pocket’ if it came off - didn’t work. 

7 hours ago, flahagan said:

Does the medallion come with a lanyard?  I have several cute ones but don't know if they'll work with the medallion.  Thanks to all for the responses.

It did in August. We tried it, but the lanyard was really too long and flimsy for our taste. The medallion itself was in a plastic case about the size of a credit card. The case had a loop on top to attach a lanyard. Attach a lanyard of your choice. To use other medallion holders just remove the medallion from the case.

I wore the rubber bracelet on two cruises, but it made my wrist sweat.  So for our March cruise, I ordered the larger size hoping to minimize the sweating problem.  (Otherwise, the bracelet was fine.)  I'm OK with the lanyard that comes with the medallion.  I tried the bangle bracelet, but it didn't fit me well.  My BFF bought the clip and loved it, but I think it would be too easy to lose track of it.  

1 hour ago, skynight said:

It did in August. We tried it, but the lanyard was really too long and flimsy for our taste. The medallion itself was in a plastic case about the size of a credit card. The case had a loop on top to attach a lanyard. Attach a lanyard of your choice. To use other medallion holders just remove the medallion from the case.

I tied a knot in the ribbon to make it shorter. Made a huge difference. I've never been a lanyard person on cruises, but this worked well for me. I have no need to buy something else. Plus, it's secure in the plastic case that comes with it. 

we liked the clips like this.  Got them on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BCX6HG1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

any holder that you get for a Fitbit Zip should fit medallions just fine:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bracelet+for+Fitbit+Zip&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

medallion holder.png

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

@mrpayroll For the door to my cabin it was about 50/50. I always had to take it out at the bars if it was a bartender that didn't know me. Luckily I tended to frequent the same bars at the same time so that wasn't a big problem LOL

Thanks. We are on Sky tomorrow and wife was wondering.

12 hours ago, snowskier said:

Husband used the clip and it went missing while on shore. Real pain when we returned to the ship with no medallion. He had it clipped so it would ‘land in his pocket’ if it came off - didn’t work. 

Oh! that's terrible he lost the clip! I never keep any cruise stuff on while on shore. All medallions when in my purse or my husband's backpack. 

Edited by jennybenny

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we liked the clips like this.  Got them on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BCX6HG1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

any holder that you get for a Fitbit Zip should fit medallions just fine:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bracelet+for+Fitbit+Zip&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

medallion holder.png

I had the same clip from Amazon, but in several ports, port security made me take the medallion out, so they could see the ship's name and sailing dates, before they would let me pass, so they had to remove the medallion from the clip.

This time around, I'm going with the clip Princess sells.

43 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I had the same clip from Amazon, but in several ports, port security made me take the medallion out, so they could see the ship's name and sailing dates, before they would let me pass, so they had to remove the medallion from the clip.

This time around, I'm going with the clip Princess sells.

Port security didn't ask to see the names on them in St Thomas or St Martin. They just wanted to make sure we had medallions.