Peanut Butter Cookies

tere247

I had at least 1 peanut butter cookie every day on our cruise.  Oh my, they are addictive. 
When we got home, went to Publix for milk, lunch, and Publix bakery peanut butter cookies.  If you know Publix, they have a pretty good bakery department.  

Princess wins hands down. Wish I could have stuffed a zipper bag full to bring home. 

• Like 2

Love the Peanut Butter cookies!!

Since they're no longer put out on the displays, many don't know that you can ask for them. Then demand goes down...no one asks for them...Princess will likely stop making them.:classic_angry:

The lemon sugar cookies are very good, not as good, but they rank #2 on my cookie meter.

The peanut butter cookies are to die for.  The new to Princess lemon sugar cookies are decent but no replacement for the peanut butter cookies.  Last cruise when I could not find peanut butter cookies out, I asked the staff why not and they gave me some from behind the counter (private stash?).  I agree out of sight out of mind and soon dropped from the cookie offerings.  The #2 cookie is of course the chocolate chip cookie which Princess still offers.  DW likes the oatmeal cookies (yuk). 

so far this is a positive & refreshing thread. I don't even have a sweet tooth but as Jf has expressed his theory.  I will do my part, and allocate some,  which I will later disperse to some toddler in hopes that later in the evening they can dance with  adults. 

Edited by c-boy

Seems like the peanut allergy crap has gotten out of hand, so Princess does not leave the PB cookies out, so ya need to ask for them. By the way, the cookies and the sugarfree ice cream are the two items not made on the ships. The cookies are all pre-made off the ship. I never knew of or heard of a peanut allergy as a kid or young adult.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

Seems like the peanut allergy crap has gotten out of hand, so Princess does not leave the PB cookies out, so ya need to ask for them. By the way, the cookies and the sugarfree ice cream are the two items not made on the ships. The cookies are all pre-made off the ship. I never knew of or heard of a peanut allergy as a kid or young adult.

New to cruising, and considering Princess.
 So you believe peanut allergy is “crap “ ?   How has it got out of hand?  In general,  or on Princess?
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peanut-allergy/symptoms-causes/syc-20376175

Edited by Justalone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Justalone said:

Well, a peanut can cancel everybody's idea of a good time when just one person say's i'm allergic to a lonely peanut, so yes, it's crap. All suffer for just one. How bout I say I'm allergic to cotton, so then nobody can wear cotton...

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Love the Peanut Butter cookies!!

Since they're no longer put out on the displays, many don't know that you can ask for them. Then demand goes down...no one asks for them...Princess will likely stop making them.:classic_angry:

The lemon sugar cookies are very good, not as good, but they rank #2 on my cookie meter.

Just off of the SKI. The buffet always had. peanut butter, lemon, dark chocolate, chocolate chip, oatmeal and oatmeal with raisins. Plus a variety of excellent deserts. We kept the peanut butter ones in our room for that late night snack. Yum!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, weedpindle said:

Well, a peanut can cancel everybody's idea of a good time when just one person say's i'm allergic to a lonely peanut, so yes, it's crap. All suffer for just one. How bout I say I'm allergic to cotton, so then nobody can wear cotton...

What?  A peanut can kill someone. 
My 2 year old Grandson has a severe peanut allergy. We carry 3 Epi Pens. 
Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 8

Just now, Colo Cruiser said:

What?  A peanut can kill someone. 
My Grandson has a severe peanut allergy. We carry 3 Epi Pens. 
Ignorance is bliss.

Sir. Please do not condemn someone for liking a cookie. Your grandson has a medical condition and I am very sorry for that. No one here I think is ignorant. 

31 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

You just did that to all that happen to like them. Why? No need to do that. 

I agree with your assessment.....they have learned a lot about food allergies and especially peanut allergies and new ways to treat them.  I agree the world should not have to stop because a peanut cookies is displayed at a food court on an cruise ship and the parents really need to seek world class medical help and modern treatment.....it does not have to be life threatening.

• Like 2

I developed a peanut allergy last summer, at the ripe old age of 56.  Someone who ate peanut butter pretty darn near every day of her life.   Severe enough that I now carry an epi pen and had to take precautions on our Thanksgiving cruise.  

The buffet had peanut butter cookies out every day.  The IC had them, but you had to ask for them.  Actually, you had to ask for most of the cookies.  You could see them, so it wasn't like it was some big secret.

• Like 1

perfect display of confirmation bias.  "i didn't notice something when i was younger because it didn't affect me so it didn't exist."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

peanut allergies have always existed, usually people just died and it was unexplained. medicine is always improving and so is information about allergies.  and while alleriges has a specific meaning relating to reacting to proteins and causing anaphylaxis, people understand allergy.  I could tell you that i have a sensitivity to buckwheat* that causes me to puke for 3 hours straight and then days of intestinal cramps, but that's a bit TMI, so i'll just tell you i can't eat buckwheat due to an allergy.  believe people when they say they have an allergy, even if it is just a preference, it really has no effect on you.  just ask for the cookie that is stored away from the other cookies so people with allergies can also enjoy their food.

it is perfectly acceptable to store the peanut butter cookies separately, i would maybe suggest princess add a sign about where to ask for them.  i know i'm going to ask for them myself on my cruise in may

*fun fact, buckwheat is typically used in soba noodles and in some gluten free recipes as a replacement for wheat flour.  buckwheat is not related to wheat at all and is related to rhubarb.

Edited by vampiress
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I agree with your assessment.....they have learned a lot about food allergies and especially peanut allergies and new ways to treat them.  I agree the world should not have to stop because a peanut cookies is displayed at a food court on an cruise ship and the parents really need to seek world class medical help and modern treatment.....it does not have to be life threatening.

I don’t recall anyone here saying that the peanut butter cookies should be removed. 🤔
But I did read someone say a peanut allergy was crap.

They were out everyday on my Sky cruise.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I don’t recall anyone here saying that the peanut butter cookies should be removed. 🤔
But I did read someone say a peanut allergy was crap.

They were out everyday on my Sky cruise.

Peanut allergy is NOT crap and to be taken very seriously. There is no cure. However, a controlled dose more and more over time has proven to be a cure for many. Controlled meaning a doctor controls it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, weedpindle said:

I have a kid with a peanut allergy. It is not out of hand. In your day people with allergies probably died without knowing they had allergies which is why you don't realize how serious of a problem it is. Food allergies can also change over time so one day you too may have a food allergy. I developed late in life food allergies due to moving regions during a particularly bad pollen season. My allergist said it's not unusual to see. 

• Like 3

It is interesting how the cookies are on cookie baking sheets with the typical signs of having been recently baked.

Just because you lack observation skills does not mean peanut allergies did not exist when you where young.

You want people to possibly die so you can have cookies? Food allergies are serious for the people who suffer from them. Do you have any clue how much epi pens cost and if you have to use one on a cruise the medical staff probably isn't equipped to save that person's life. An EpiPen buys you 15 minutes to seek treatment on a huge ship where the medical center is probably closed.

• Like 1

Why are some so nasty? No one wants anyone to die. If you or you know someone with peanut butter allergies. Stay away from peanut butter. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. Cookies on the ship are marked very clearly on what they are. This all started with tere247  that loves the peanut butter cookies. Look what it turned into. Ridiculous!!!

• Like 5

It's not that simple. Peanut butter cookies stored with other cookies cause cross contamination and can cause someone to react. What if they use the same tongs on my kid's cookie as they did on your peanut butter cookie because they don't know proper food handling procedure. I hope whoever thinks allergies are crap one day discovers they are allergic to something without access to their phones or an epi pen. The sheer terror of realizing you are allergic to a food you regularly consume is horrible.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Exposure therapy is not something every allergist does or even recommends. I have a leading food allergist as my child's doctor and he doesn't recommend it.

• Like 1