Peanut Butter Cookies

tere247

4 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

I agree, that is also ridiculous. 

So what I said you think is ridiculous? It is the truth and if you do not like the truth. So be it.

What is ridiculous is you defending the indefensible weedpindle.

On the Regal over the Holidays peanut cookies were available In the IC and the buffet but they were kept separately and you had to ask for them.  They had tongs inside the trays with lids that were only used on the peanut cookies. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

It's not that simple. Peanut butter cookies stored with other cookies cause cross contamination and can cause someone to react. What if they use the same tongs on my kid's cookie as they did on your peanut butter cookie because they don't know proper food handling procedure. I hope whoever thinks allergies are crap one day discovers they are allergic to something without access to their phones or an epi pen. The sheer terror of realizing you are allergic to a food you regularly consume is horrible.

Yep!  I developed my peanut allergy at 56!  i LOVE peanut butter, but I am not even tempted to eat it, because it is that bad!

• Like 1

Just now, wrongwaywatson said:

Yep!  I developed my peanut allergy at 56!  i LOVE peanut butter, but I am not even tempted to eat it, because it is that bad!

I developed it in my 30's and was allergic to all nuts for about 10 years. My allergist was updating my testing and he discovered that my allergies had changed and I was no longer allergic to nuts. I'm down to just 1 food allergy which is balsamic vinegar. So hopefully one day your allergies change again. I eat a peanut butter uncrustable every night since finding out I'm no longer allergic.

• Like 1

Just now, fluffybunny22 said:

I developed it in my 30's and was allergic to all nuts for about 10 years. My allergist was updating my testing and he discovered that my allergies had changed and I was no longer allergic to nuts. I'm down to just 1 food allergy which is balsamic vinegar. So hopefully one day your allergies change again. I eat a peanut butter uncrustable every night since finding out I'm no longer allergic.

They did the IgE blood test on me and I was fine with all of the other nuts and common allergens, but I was highly allergic to peanuts.  He said it was unlikely for someone who developed it at 56 to outgrow it, but I can be hopeful!

There are several users on here that have epi pens and someone mentioned the high cost of them (I was shocked!)   You can receive them for free or whatever your insurance pays from Auvi-Q (maker of them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMDFjtXf-B0&t=17s    It is where I got mine, as did my cousin and my friend!

2 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

There are several users on here that have epi pens and someone mentioned the high cost of them (I was shocked!)   You can receive them for free or whatever your insurance pays from Auvi-Q (maker of them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMDFjtXf-B0&t=17s    It is where I got mine, as did my cousin and my friend!

We just got some auvi q for the first time. I was trying to refill our epi pens before the beginning of the year and we had trouble getting them. We just saw the allergist and he gave us a rx for the generic version that mylan makes and those were $400.

I feel compelled to leap in here because I both love the PB cookies and I am retired from the practice of Pediatric Allergy, hence my screen name.  Peanut allergy is indeed a real and potentially life threatening condition.  Whether it has truly increased in frequency or is just being better recognized is open to the vagaries of interpretation but matters not to the individual who suffers from the condition.  For those of us who love the cookies, we should be thankful that Princess has found a way to continue offering them while still protecting it’s at risk customers.  While many allergy sufferers might have limited reactions to small bits of cross contamination, there is a subset of individuals who are threatened by even a limited exposure.  Other common carriers such as airlines have opted to simply remove the peanut from their snack packaging.  Commercial cookie companies have tried to limit their liability by adding a disclaimer to their packaging that their other cookies have been packaged in facilities that also process peanuts.  This is in response to studies showing that minute amounts of allergen may remain on equipment even after it is cleaned. 
Give Princess a heads up for trying to find a compromise when the simplest solution might have been to just eliminate PB cookies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, weedpindle said:

Seems like the peanut allergy crap has gotten out of hand, so Princess does not leave the PB cookies out, so ya need to ask for them. By the way, the cookies and the sugarfree ice cream are the two items not made on the ships. The cookies are all pre-made off the ship. I never knew of or heard of a peanut allergy as a kid or young adult.

Peanu allergy is real. I also love the PB cookies and have no problem getting as many cars I want from IC but I understand why they are not displayed with the other cookies

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

It's not that simple. Peanut butter cookies stored with other cookies cause cross contamination and can cause someone to react. What if they use the same tongs on my kid's cookie as they did on your peanut butter cookie because they don't know proper food handling procedure. I hope whoever thinks allergies are crap one day discovers they are allergic to something without access to their phones or an epi pen. The sheer terror of realizing you are allergic to a food you regularly consume is horrible.

On the Sky Princess they did it correctly. Out of the buffet room, where all the deserts are, was a separate counter where all the cookies were but not the peanut butter cookies. The peanut butter cookies were inside away from all the other deserts on a counter by themselves. A sign next to them indicate Peanut Butter Cookies. Two days you had to ask for them. They were back on a counter were you could not reach them.

On Celebrity Edge, they had a sign prominently displayed telling the passengers at the dessert section of the buffet that peanut cookies were available, behind the counter.  I never availed myself of them -- let's see, I can have a peanut butter cookie or another choco choco-chip cookie, which one do I want?  Forget the peanuts!!!   Now, if they had choco-peanut, that would be a different story!  Someone tell Reese's.

I did think that the airlines overreacted when they removed peanuts, and that the schools which ban peanut butter are crazy, but I have never studied the incidence of severe peanut allergies and thank G_d, I have never stood by while a child was in distress over exposure.  In my admitted ignorance, I think that cross-contamination is a very minor risk, but I could be wrong, and if it were my kid, well, ...

16 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I did think that the airlines overreacted when they removed peanuts

Not an over reaction at all.

You might want to read up on what a trace of peanut pieces/dust/particles in the already stale recirculating air of an aircraft cabin or even residual on a seat-back tray/armrest/seat cushion/seat back pocket could result in to anyone that has a severe allergy to Peanuts. 

I had to learn a ton very quickly because of my grandson. He already has been injected with an epi pen and rushed to the hospital twice by ambulance in the last month due to reactions to food his parents and we thought had no peanuts in them at all and very easily could have caused his death.

We watch him every day and I have to be so mindful of what I am giving him.

I never thought about to either until it affected me directly.

By the way I love the Peanut Butter cookies on Princess!

• Like 1

OMG - yet another thread out of control, turn the flamethrowers off already.  

BTW - me loves the Peanut Butter Cookies!  My wife has restricted me to 1 a day, but, she doesn't know won't hurt her.

It's a shame that they killed off Mr Peanut!!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You might want to read up on what a trace of peanut pieces/dust/particles in the already stale recirculating air of an aircraft cabin or even residual on a seat-back tray/armrest/seat cushion/seat back pocket could result in to anyone that has a severe allergy to Peanuts. 

I had to learn a ton very quickly because of my grandson. He already has been injected with an epi pen and rushed to the hospital twice by ambulance in the last month due to reactions to food his parents and we thought had no peanuts in them at all and very easily could have caused his death.

I have a friend in the same situation. They say they find out every Christmas day that peanuts are in things they are not aware of and I think have been to the ER every Christmas for the past 5 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Try Enjoy Life and Divvies products which are safe. Likely whatever you are giving him has been processed in a facility that also processes nuts and he's super sensitive. My son's allergist thinks nuts make him feel sick when they are around him and prevent him from eating the affected food which is how he managed to make it to his teens before being diagnosed. He's always refused nut products.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

OMG - yet another thread out of control, turn the flamethrowers off already.  

BTW - me loves the Peanut Butter Cookies!  My wife has restricted me to 1 a day, but, she doesn't know won't hurt her.

It's a shame that they killed off Mr Peanut!!!!

Mr.Peanut is in tears now! Please stop all this.

• Like 1

Why are we talking about nuts?  The subject is peanuts, which are legumes and are not tree nuts (such as walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc.).   It is my understanding (however limited) that peanut allergies and nut allergies are not related.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Mr.Peanut is in tears now! Please stop all this.

Mr. Peanut is dead. Planters killed him off. There is a video of his death. There will be Superbowl commercials about it. Bizarre. As for the cookies - I love them but my wife isn't a fan of peanut butter cookies. She does, however, love peanut butter. I don't have an issue with having to ask for them and usually find them behind the counter at IC. We generally have other cookies though as, when my wife looks at me in the cabin and says something like, "I wish I had a cookie..." I tend to go to HC as it's usually easier than going to IC. I have been known to have a plate of cookies stashed in the drawer beside the bed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh sheesh! Again, the subject line went sideways. To add to it, I have no problem with them separating the peanut butter cookies from the rest, however please let us know where to get them. Put up a sign somewhere!

So, cookies on a Princess cruise ship ~ I vote for the Oatmeal cookies! (I do not want to hear about gluten allergies please).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Mr. Peanut is dead. Planters killed him off. There is a video of his death. There will be Superbowl commercials about it. Bizarre. As for the cookies - I love them but my wife isn't a fan of peanut butter cookies. She does, however, love peanut butter. I don't have an issue with having to ask for them and usually find them behind the counter at IC. We generally have other cookies though as, when my wife looks at me in the cabin and says something like, "I wish I had a cookie..." I tend to go to HC as it's usually easier than going to IC. I have been known to have a plate of cookies stashed in the drawer beside the bed...

or not … it's been reported they might be pulling that commercial due to Kobe's tragic coptor accident … bad taste ?

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

or not … it's been reported they might be pulling that commercial due to Kobe's tragic copter accident … bad taste ?

I heard about the possibility of pulling the ad. Still trying to figure out how a helicopter crash that killed a real life basketball star has anything to do with a cartoon character losing his grip on a branch and falling to his death.

IMWTK

• Like 2