Britain's biggest cruise operator is becoming 'Butlins on Sea', Which? survey finds (today's Telegraph)

Harry Peterson

24 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But this takes us back to the point that wine is so much about personal taste.  As so many people had been raving about the Peller Ice Cuvee, I tried it last time I was on P&O and found it far too sweet for me.  That was the white, not the Rose, which I haven't tried.

It is a bit on the sweet side for me too. All down to individual taste.

Personally I enjoy the Gruner veltliner they do onboard to go with a light lunch in the glasshouse.

• Thanks 1

No such thing as the perfect wine. All totally subjective, and varies according to personal taste, the food you’re eating, where you are, who you’re with, the occasion, the weather...........so many variables.

Which is why recommendations so often disappoint, and a cheap wine can sometimes taste so very good.

17 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

No such thing as the perfect wine. All totally subjective, and varies according to personal taste, the food you’re eating, where you are, who you’re with, the occasion, the weather...........so many variables.

Which is why recommendations so often disappoint, and a cheap wine can sometimes taste so very good.

It is like the liquors you enjoy so much watching the sunset on a beach that taste like flowery sugar water when tried back at home in the cold.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It is like the liquors you enjoy so much watching the sunset on a beach that taste like flowery sugar water when tried back at home in the cold.

That takes me back to the eighties and early nineties when we took many holidays on small Greek islands and 'enjoyed' ice cold retsina and ouzo...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I have to disagree Harry.. 

I have found the 4th bottle of anything alcoholic tastes just fine😂😂

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Has any one noticed P&O have changed the brand/vineyard for Picpoul? What they have now is nowhere near as nice. 

You can try wines in Glasshouse. If you tell the wine waiter what type of wine you like they will make a suggestion for you. (or at least they did on Britannia a couple of years ago). That's how I found Picpoul. Fortunately the one I like can be found in M&S & Sainsburys. 

Cathy🥂