Harmony or Oasis...

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

One of the questions on Jeopardy was about CATS.

I may go to the Grease matinee on Saturday, go figure. Key word is may.

Saw Fine Line last night. It still sucks

Columbus tomorrow,  its the only show on Harmony worth seeing in my opinion, but some people hate it. 😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I may go to the Grease matinee on Saturday, go figure. Key word is may.

Saw Fine Line last night. It still sucks

Columbus tomorrow,  its the only show on Harmony worth seeing in my opinion, but some people hate it. 😉

I never much cared for Grease including the music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Grumpus said:

There's one on Harmony too.  Just Oasis has a new show based on the 80's and it's very entertaining.  I'm sure the show on Harmony is entertaining too

1 hour ago, The Grumpus said:

There's one on Harmony too.  Just Oasis has a new show based on the 80's and it's very entertaining.  I'm sure the show on Harmony is entertaining too.

I am not too sure about that. The aqua show on Harmony was not very good. Too much stomping, dancing. Very little diving. And the spinny guy does not impress me.

Oasis or Harmon

We are dealing a similar decision . The island are okay, both ships East Carib. Next EMB port. We have cruised before usually in Feb. Looking at all things cost being part of the plan. We fly from Buffalo, but live in Canada. Our decision is Port Canaveral or Mia.  Doing my research for flights non stop ORLANDO   cost and shuttle , shorter flight. Over Fort Lauderdale and shuttle  costs more, longer flight . We have chose Orlando and the Harmony.  Hotels are also cheaper  there. Looking to booked the Radisson at port Feb 2021.  HAPPY CRUISING enjoy.

kruise runner

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kruise runner said:

Oasis or Harmon

We are dealing a similar decision . The island are okay, both ships East Carib. Next EMB port. We have cruised before usually in Feb. Looking at all things cost being part of the plan. We fly from Buffalo, but live in Canada. Our decision is Port Canaveral or Mia.  Doing my research for flights non stop ORLANDO   cost and shuttle , shorter flight. Over Fort Lauderdale and shuttle  costs more, longer flight . We have chose Orlando and the Harmony.  Hotels are also cheaper  there. Looking to booked the Radisson at port Feb 2021.  HAPPY CRUISING enjoy.

kruise runner

we live in Toronto and fly into Miami from Pearson. I love the Miami port. Harmony is about $1600 over Oasis for the same room category for our week. Maybe we will try Harmony in 2023?

I have been on Oasis Pre-revamp, and Harmony twice.

Personally, I love Harmony, but I would rather do Oasis just for the entertainment options. I am with @John&LaLathe shows are just better on Oasis... I mean, a chance to see CATS three time in one week? YES PLEASE!

With that said, I do not mind Fine Line on Harmony, I think it is fun.

The food options seem to have gotten better on Oasis as well.  Then it all comes down to the ports of call. I have done the Western Caribbean on Harmony and I loved it!

Both Labedee and Coco Cay are fun, if you are looking for beach days, that sounds good to me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

I have been on Oasis Pre-revamp, and Harmony twice.

Personally, I love Harmony, but I would rather do Oasis just for the entertainment options. I am with @John&LaLathe shows are just better on Oasis... I mean, a chance to see CATS three time in one week? YES PLEASE!

With that said, I do not mind Fine Line on Harmony, I think it is fun.

The food options seem to have gotten better on Oasis as well.  Then it all comes down to the ports of call. I have done the Western Caribbean on Harmony and I loved it!

Both Labedee and Coco Cay are fun, if you are looking for beach days, that sounds good to me!

I just booked Oasis out of Miami. PDCC St Thomas and St Maarten are the ports. I am happy to have 3 sea days as I can enjoy the suite sun deck etc. SO EXCITED!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blondiemomm said:

I just booked Oasis out of Miami. PDCC St Thomas and St Maarten are the ports. I am happy to have 3 sea days as I can enjoy the suite sun deck etc. SO EXCITED!

St. Marteen is one of my favorite places in the world. I cannot wait for them to get back to 100%

You will love it there, it has an upscale island feel.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

St. Marteen is one of my favorite places in the world. I cannot wait for them to get back to 100%

You will love it there, it has an upscale island feel.

Any recommendations for beaches/excursions? My kids like laid back beach days in beautiful water and sand.

59 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

GREAT itinerary with both St Thomas & St Maarten. 

4 hours ago, Blondiemomm said:

Oasis still has the suite cabanas,  but they took out all the sofas. Harmony is a winner there. Plus the hot tub. 

So if I had to choose, Harmony wins the suite deck battle

Oasis

20200206_160448.thumb.jpg.33fa6e7cb16d566d59d8760715586b46.jpg

Harmony 

20200206_160531.thumb.jpg.4ed5edf69e60a97ee8905a978e181508.jpg

20200206_161122.thumb.jpg.40539ada41d582ee480c125dcabd4094.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

4 hours ago, Blondiemomm said:

Any recommendations for beaches/excursions? My kids like laid back beach days in beautiful water and sand.

The first time we went, we went over to the French side and did parasailing at Orient Beach, while there, we took in the...uhhh...natural views.

The second time we went, we first walked in the port city and went to the Yoda Guy Museum, then rented a car and went to Maho Beach to watch the planes land.

22 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

I am not too sure about that. The aqua show on Harmony was not very good. Too much stomping, dancing. Very little diving. And the spinny guy does not impress me.

I had meant to quote the above but it did not come through.

Just did Harmony, over last Halloween. And, Oasis right before Christmas. 

Oasis wins my nod, hands down. 

1. Aquatheater show on Oasis was great. Watched it twice. Harmony was pretty lame.

2. Port Side BBQ is my new favorite restaurant. On any ship!

3. Staff on Oasis 10 out of 10! Staff on our Harmony sailing 4 out of 10.

4. Oasis has a new "Solarium" area that extends forward. Very nice.

5. The "Apollo 18" Escape Room, was a great time. Very well run.

6. Windjammer on Oasis was also better.

7. Slides were better on Oasis.

8. Lime and Coconut theme is great. As are, the Non-smoking side bartenders!

After our Harmony cruise, I was ready to actually cancel our Oasis cruise. Yep, it was that bad of a first time "Oasis class" experience. I'm really glad, that I gave the Oasis a chance. 

53 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

1. Aquatheater show on Oasis was great. Watched it twice. Harmony was pretty lame.

After our Harmony cruise, I was ready to actually cancel our Oasis cruise. Yep, it was that bad of a first time "Oasis class" experience. I'm really glad, that I gave the Oasis a chance. 

Oh, this worries me. Husband and I are booked on our first Oasis-class cruise next January, but it's on Harmony. 

This worries us, too.  Have been on both Allure and Oasis, but not since 2015.  We have Harmony booked for May.  We chose it strictly because it goes to Coco Cay and we haven't seen Grease yet. I'm afraid we'll end up being very disappointed in the shows.

The good news is that we were able to get the Beverage Package during the great glitch of 2019!  And we had enough OBC to cover the cost, plus Beach Club passes at Coco Cay!  We'll just have to drown our sorrows, I guess... ;)

On 2/5/2020 at 4:49 PM, Blondiemomm said:

Seems I have narrowed it down (with lots of advice from you guys) to a Grand suite...now I am deciding on Oasis or Harmony...price is about $1500 more for Harmony but it has 4 ports, 2 being Labadee and Coco Cay. Any one been on  both and have any advice? I have sailed Allure several times...these Suites are not cheap so your advice is much appreciated..

I actually prefer the Suite Lounge on the Oasis over the Harmony.  When they built the Harmony they downsized the bar and it faces inward instead of outward to the sea.

Edited by dunedinmaiden

2 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

I think Oasis missed by not adding the stir fry stations at the back of the Windjammer rhat Harmony as nd Symphony do.

That was probably our biggest dissapointed from Oasis in January. 

We've had WJ stir fry twice this week on Harmony, very good both times

1 hour ago, dunedinmaiden said:

I actually prefer the Suite Lounge on the Oasis over the Harmony.  When they built the Harmony they downsized the bar and it faces inward instead of outward to the sea.

It has good and bad points.  

CK is much larger on Harmony, but the food is better on Oasis.

The buffet on 17 is nicer on Harmony