Anthem- testing 12 Chinese nationals who are onboard

7 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

people should be able to cancel if they don't want to go on such a short trip...

They are able to cancel. And they will get 100% refund. And they can submit their hotel charges, and get plane ticket change fees reimbursed. It couldn't be better unless they threw in some rainbows and FCCs.

btw I have done the 5 night Bermuda cruise many times. And paid top dollar. And the weather has not always been cooperative.

Edited by marci22

17 minutes ago, marci22 said:

They are able to cancel. And they will get 100% refund. And they can submit their hotel charges, and get plane ticket change fees reimbursed. It couldn't be better unless they threw in some rainbows and FCCs.

btw I have done the 5 night Bermuda cruise many times. And paid top dollar. And the weather has not always been cooperative.

fair enough.....

9 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

If they had good news they've be rushing to put it out. It's been 24 hours since these pax disembarked, and they can't seem to confirm they DON'T have coronavirus

Full refund, don't have to show up, just no show and it happens automatically!!!

22 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, absolutely G R E A T news for all involved!! 

IMO, RCL has done right by the 2/7/2020 cruisers. Their compensation is solid.  I know it's  tough pill to swallow for those who wanted to sail, and I realize that the constant delays in sailing added anxiety (what were there, 4 or 5 official delays?), but things take time and RCL did not rush to sail. I still believe RCL was acting so cautiously to avoid a future possible quarantine situation, the conditions on Diamond Princess are tough. 

Isn't this the delay timeline:

1) First delay given Thursday: Show up at the port later, but scheduled sailing Friday

2) Second Delay, we will have a delayed departure Friday night.

3) Third Delay, we will leave Saturday at 1:00 p.m

4) Fourth Delay: we will leave Saturday at 10:00 p.m.

5) Fifth Delay: We will skip a Sunday departure entirely and leave Monday.

I'm sure RCL will get beaten up for not departing tomorrow. They will also get beaten up for debarking potential CoV exposures. They will also get beaten up for lack of information in a timely fashion. They will also get beaten up for going to bermuda (great golf this time of year btw). They will get beaten up for xxxxx... but it appears this story has a happy ending. I'm a sucker for happy endings :). 

PS: Speaking of happy endings, I'm sending the couple scheduled to be married on this sailing extra positive energy!! I've heard that if the cruise ship you are scheduled to be married on is delayed 5 times you are certain of a very long and prosperous marriage :). 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 8

Latest coronovirus update from NBC

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/coronavirus-updates-u-s-japanese-citizens-die-wuhan-global-deaths-n1132951?cid=eml_nbn_20200208

Coronavirus updates: Death toll hits 811, surpasses SARS deaths

As confirmed cases reach more than 37,100 in mainland China, here is the latest you need to know.

46 minutes ago, Von & John said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/coronavirus-updates-u-s-japanese-citizens-die-wuhan-global-deaths-n1132951?cid=eml_nbn_20200208

As confirmed cases reach more than 37,100 in mainland China, here is the latest you need to know.

My guess is, in reality it probably surpassed SARS awhile ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Von & John said:

My apologies for the large headline...

Hate to sensationalize it...

I didn't pay any attention to the size, until it was too late to edit 🙂

Edited by Von & John

On 2/7/2020 at 9:23 AM, kathy49 said:

It is about the duration of the exposure which increases changes of contracting the virus...airplanes not good either but I will take a fixed number of hours on a plane to  continuous exposure on a ship for days at a time.

You are in close proximity on a plane. On a ship you might not even be near the infected person if there is one.

4 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@Jzx1103 and @Von & John I hope I didn't appear callous or short sighted. 

For clarity, I should have stated that Anthem saga has a happy ending. 

Unfortunately, the CoV pandemic is far from a happy ending.

@BermudaBound2014

I don't believe you were, nor appeared to be, callous nor short-sighted.

I believe we celebrate success every day - it's what keeps us going.

It's great news regarding the Anthem!!!!

At the time of posting, I had just read the update I shared & thought it was interesting & very comprehensive - which is why I shared it...
I realized (when it was too late) that I didn't really preface the update nor did I realize how large the copy & paste of the headline would be...

I believe we can celebrate each happy moment/success as it comes along & still keep an eye out to what is happening.

We are sailing next month - in SA, not Asia.

At this point we are not concerned w/ our sailing.

Wishing you a Happy Sunday!

Edited by Von & John