Anthem- testing 12 Chinese nationals who are onboard

I wish this article offered more details. Published Thursday evening 11pm  (2/6).

12 Chinese nationals showing signs of pulmonary issues being held in isolation and will be tested for corona. No word where they will be held in Bayonne or how debarkation/embarkation will be handled. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/02/06/cruise-ship-set-to-dock-in-bayonne-will-test-12-passengers-for-coronavirus/amp/

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes. 

thank you for replying.

Cruisemapper shows you anchored outside of bayonne right now, have you been told anything? I read you came back early to outrun a storm, but that would also coincidently allow time to get corona test kits onboard.

I don’t like that the article can’t be substantiated and it sure does seem like this could be significant (if true) given what is Happening with diamond princess. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Oh boy- I believe in an Abundance of caution given the infection rate on diamond princess. Only 230 passengers were tested (those directly in contact with then ground zero passenger). Of those, 61 are positive. Bad odds. 

Currently those 61 infected on diamond princess are the largest Concentrated number (after China) listed. Apparently Japan did not want to claim the diamond princess passengers in their stats, so an entirely new category “other” was created.

905AFCA9-E58A-4747-940E-DD1500B35FF3.jpeg

• Like 1

NBCnewyork  has picked up the story. Confirmed that it is anthem of the seas where there is concern.

This news story says over 2 dozen Chinese people fleW From China to board anthem for the Jan 27 departure. Still within the 14 days they could be contagious but not showing signs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/cruise-ship-travelers-returning-to-nj-will-be-screened-for-coronavirus-sources/2281562/%3famp

Articles are popping up all over now. Not much clarity being offered from rcl. i suspect things might be chaotic in Bayonne this morning... 

“It is unclear whether the unwell passengers will be held on board while tests are carried out, or whether others will be allowed to disembark from the ship”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7977547/amp/Sick-passengers-board-New-Jersey-bound-cruise-ship-tested-coronavirus.html

9 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

NBCnewyork  has picked up the story. Confirmed that it is anthem of the seas where there is concern.

This news story says over 2 dozen Chinese people fleW From China to board anthem for the Jan 27 departure. Still within the 14 days they could be contagious but not showing signs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/cruise-ship-travelers-returning-to-nj-will-be-screened-for-coronavirus-sources/2281562/%3famp

It may not matter if you show signs or not anymore.  The problem is the unknown of the virus.  How contagious is it and how deadly is it.  The regular flu is deadly when not treated (and sometimes when it is treated) The key is can this be treated effectively only time will tell. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-01-29/10-year-old-boy-raises-fears-wuhan-virus-could-spread-undetected

• Like 2

THE FOLLOWING IS BEING REPORTED BY ALL NYC MEDIA OUTLETS   KEEP A EYE OUT TODAY ON THE OUTCOME  Cruise line not confirming . Here are 2 of the posts media spin is amazing 

The Anthem of the Seas cruise ship is back in Bayonne where more than 2 dozen Chinese nationals on board will be screened for the Coronavirus.  Fox NY 

#CoronaVirusCruise We are waiting for the #RoyalCarribean ship #AnthemOfTheSeas believed to have 1-2 doz Chinese Nationals with “pulmonary symptoms.” The cruise line not confirming; no word in quarantine. We are live in Bayonne as the ship pulls in @PIX11News

Edited by Jdfireman
More information

So not only the cruise but the flight, hotel, etc... they were on people "maybe" at risk.

I received an email a couple of weeks ago regarding not letting on anyone from China/HK (carrying passport passengers) or if they have a cough or fever, etc...  I guess it was not implemented in time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Articles are popping up all over now. Not much clarity being offered from rcl. i suspect things might be chaotic in Bayonne this morning... 

“It is unclear whether the unwell passengers will be held on board while tests are carried out, or whether others will be allowed to disembark from the ship”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7977547/amp/Sick-passengers-board-New-Jersey-bound-cruise-ship-tested-coronavirus.html

I would be shocked if they allowed 3-4k people off the ship who can potentially be contagious even without showing symptoms yet.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lazz said:

I just saw a video on television of Anthem docked.  A person was being put into an ambulance.  

That's probably precautionary, or they may be taking people to designated screening areas.

Or it could be completely unrelated to any of this.  

Just now, mlmc424 said:

We are supposed to board Anthem today 🙀

You should have gotten an email that said to arrive a little later for boarding, as they are taking extra sanitizing measures.  I wouldn't panic right now.

5 minutes ago, mlmc424 said:

We got the email.  We are driving up so it’s easy to adjust our schedule.  Just a bit unsettling though.  Also hearing nasty wind forecasts for offshore tonight 😟

Hopefully a little rough sea will be the worst of your vacation!

• Like 2