Directly under the dining room

kandj05

14 minutes ago, kandj05 said:

Have any of you stayed directly under the dining room in an ocean view cabin? I I'm curious how loud it was.  Would you book that room again?

What ship? No. But we avoid all cabins that are directly above, below and next to public venues/areas. Personal preference. 

7 hours ago, Heymarco said:

We’ve stayed in OVB under dining room before and never heard a peep or even a chair. Worst case, it will be noisy around meal times, but not too late.

Which ship has its dining room above the deck where the balconies start?

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which ship has its dining room above the deck where the balconies start?

If he was in a balcony he was probably referring to the windjammer. There was one cruise we were on, directly under the windjammer, and every night after midnight they would start rolling carts around up there. That was annoying but it was the only cruise I've ever experienced it on. 

13 minutes ago, CraigG said:

If he was in a balcony he was probably referring to the windjammer. There was one cruise we were on, directly under the windjammer, and every night after midnight they would start rolling carts around up there. That was annoying but it was the only cruise I've ever experienced it on. 

OP said OV cabin. That would be deck 3.

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

OP said OV cabin. That would be deck 3.

The person that was actually referring to, as seen by the quoted remarks, was saying they were in an OVB -- Ocean View Balcony.  That's different than an OV, which is just an ocean view window.

And most ships have a dining room on Deck Three, so you'd be on Deck Two if you were under the dining room.

Edited by brillohead

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

The person that was actually referring to, as seen by the quoted remarks, was saying they were in an OVB -- Ocean View Balcony.  That's different than an OV, which is just an ocean view window.

And most ships have a dining room on Deck Three, so you'd be on Deck Two if you were under the dining room.

Yeah I know the differences between the two. I thought we were talking about the OP. My error. 

10 hours ago, kandj05 said:

Have any of you stayed directly under the dining room in an ocean view cabin? I I'm curious how loud it was.  Would you book that room again?

Where under the MDR?  Are you talking about the back of the ship, eg. closer to under the kitchen? or under the tables?  That can also make a difference.  

NJ 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Yeah I know the differences between the two. I thought we were talking about the OP. My error. 

MDR, OV, CL, OP.  Being a new guy here, all these acronyms are making me dizzy. I'll catch on.