Two Guaranteed Balcony Cabins

PJDH4

I just booked two guaranteed neighborhood balcony cabins on Harmony of the Seas. I am a little nervous about booking two guarantees and having them be on opposite ends of the ship, but it was $2000 less than choosing our own rooms.  I called RC and they said they would make a note on the reservations to have the rooms be as close as possible. What does everyone think? Is it worth the risk? Has anyone ever had any luck booking multiple guarantees and having them close to each other? Thanks for your opinions!

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I had 2 guarantees booked at the same time and linked for dining.  Received our cabin assignment and they were 2 decks apart and on opposite sides of the ship.  Luckily they were assigned early and I was able to change them to rooms that were beside each other. 

Did you just call and asked to have them changed? And they did it? I wonder why they didn’t just put them near each other to begin with! How far out did you receive your assignment? We are looking to sail in April and there are quite a few Boardwalk rooms left and hardly any Central Park.  I am hoping that works in our favor!

5 minutes ago, PJDH4 said:

Did you just call and asked to have them changed? And they did it? I wonder why they didn’t just put them near each other to begin with! How far out did you receive your assignment? We are looking to sail in April and there are quite a few Boardwalk rooms left and hardly any Central Park.  I am hoping that works in our favor!

We received our assignment in April for our December cruise last year so about 8 months in advance.  Easy enough to change, just call and ask to switch.  Just have  to be in the exact same category.  Best to already have a cabin picked out and just ask to switch from xxxx to yyyy.

Im guessing that assignments are done by computer which is why they were not assigned near each other. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We received our assignment in April for our December cruise last year so about 8 months in advance.  Easy enough to change, just call and ask to switch.  Just have  to be in the exact same category.  Best to already have a cabin picked out and just ask to switch from xxxx to yyyy.

Im guessing that assignments are done by computer which is why they were not assigned near each other. 

Main thing is that you are on the same ship!😁

Jazz

3 minutes ago, jazzmanfive said:

Main thing is that you are on the same ship!😁

Jazz

Exactly.  It worked out now as our kids are older (16 and 18) and if the cabins were apart it wouldn’t matter as much,  Years ago it would have meant putting an adult with each child for the sleeping arrangements.  When the savings were enough we took the chance always knowing that the worst could happen. 

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Easy enough to change, just call and ask to switch.  Just have  to be in the exact same category. 

So, here's my next question then... Since it is a Neighborhood Guarantee, the rooms can be in the Boardwalk or Central Park area which are two different categories.  If we wind up with one of each and I call asking it to be switched, will they do it?

4 minutes ago, PJDH4 said:

So, here's my next question then... Since it is a Neighborhood Guarantee, the rooms can be in the Boardwalk or Central Park area which are two different categories.  If we wind up with one of each and I call asking it to be switched, will they do it?

has to be exact same category so no.  You need to look at the actual room category assigned not the description.  CP nd BW each have 2 different categories.

Boardwalk can be a 1I or 2I

Central park can be a 1J or a 2J

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 minutes ago, PJDH4 said:

Like Ken said they have to be in the same EXACT category.  You would still have one Boardwalk cabin and on Central Park

21 hours ago, PJDH4 said:

I think if this happened - you would try to shift them to the same floor / same side of ship.   You could still end up fairly close (given the size of the ship!) this way. 

So, I got my e-docs, and both reservations say Deck 11 although a specific cabin number is not listed.  Does this actually mean Deck 11 or is that just some kind of place holder until the specific rooms are assigned?

On 2/27/2020 at 1:00 AM, PJDH4 said:

I just booked two guaranteed neighborhood balcony cabins on Harmony of the Seas. I am a little nervous about booking two guarantees and having them be on opposite ends of the ship, but it was $2000 less than choosing our own rooms.  I called RC and they said they would make a note on the reservations to have the rooms be as close as possible. What does everyone think? Is it worth the risk? Has anyone ever had any luck booking multiple guarantees and having them close to each other? Thanks for your opinions!

Our Multiple GTY ended up one on deck eight and one on deck six.

For a two grand saving we'll take it! 

Edited by icsys

15 minutes ago, PJDH4 said:

So, I got my e-docs, and both reservations say Deck 11 although a specific cabin number is not listed.  Does this actually mean Deck 11 or is that just some kind of place holder until the specific rooms are assigned?

They will both be on deck 11 if that is what your docs say

15 minutes ago, PJDH4 said:

Does this actually mean Deck 11 or is that just some kind of place holder until the specific rooms are assigned?

Reporting from others says that you'll be on that deck. Have you decoded your Setsail pass barcode for an assignment?

With neighborhood guarantee, you could end up with one Central Park and one Boardwalk, which are completely different areas and different room types.

We won't book guarantee if we want connecting or near/side by side rooms (such as for us and our kids).  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

If you have you e-docs and they have a barcode, use a barcode app...the last 4 numbers should be your cabin 

You don’t need a barcode app. Just add it to your mobile wallet and it will show it as the last four digits.