LIVE! B2B on the Grandeur March 7-27, 2020 with Dragon of the Seas

5 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Here are a couploe of pictures of today's Cruise Compass.  20200307_144430.thumb.jpg.509cb35bafaed3fb3a0b064dd8182a4d.jpg

I notice that the activities are organized a little differently.  It used to be a running list by time.  Now it is divided by type of activity.  I will let you know if I like this better after I have used it a couple of days. 

20200307_144355.thumb.jpg.809f80bbf7d64bd4a8b17c952d9c8184.jpg

20200307_144407.thumb.jpg.374c2b2cd1599dc33fe52d46e8e494d8.jpg

Here is a list of dining for today.

20200307_144514(0).thumb.jpg.84e9b66735522915da5ce6b98344b5f4.jpg

They announced the cabins were ready at 2:45.  I think we will head down there.  Talk to you later.

I loathe this format. I tell them that on every survey. I told Ken Rush on the President’s cruise and he agreed and promised to change it back. 

Hasn’t  happened. 😕

Me too...being out on the water, anytime, is a special experience - be it in a small inflatable kayak or a large cruise ship. I grew up in a family who went boating nearly every vacation. My Dad sold outboard motors, and so we were into it. Had a powerboat so used to water ski, casually race other boats, sightsee along the lake coast, etc. As a kid I was always fascinated by watching the wake either on the side of the boat or at the stern - still am and find myself drawn to it on every cruise. Have a great first evening 🙂  

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I loathe this format. I tell them that on every survey. I told Ken Rush on the President’s cruise and he agreed and promised to change it back. 

Hasn’t  happened. 😕

Have to say...I'm not fond of this either. I like to see everything that's going on in chronological order - so much easier to choose. 

• Like 2

Hello, I'm glad to be following along. Unless an amazing deal comes up, I won't get a chance to sell on Grandeur while she is in the fleet.

I like your list, but I am choosing two of them. The day trips and the tech-free days. I don't sail until the end of May. I will enjoy following along on your B2B.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Hasn’t  happened. 😕

My first reaction was that it was harder to see what the activities were for any given time. 

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Yeah well...better than an uncomfortable evening of some rolling and pitching.. Can't help but wonder how often this happens that they don't have uninterrupted sailing right through the Bay. 

Not a complaint on my part.

We have sailed from Baltimore 10 or 11 times. This is our first time at anchor. But, I know the Grandeur has done this for hurricanes.

1 hour ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Hello, I'm glad to be following along. Unless an amazing deal comes up, I won't get a chance to sell on Grandeur while she is in the fleet.

Have you checked the Going, Going , Gone sale listing?  I heard there are some good deals. 

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

2 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:
42 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Have you checked the Going, Going , Gone sale listing?  I heard there are some good deals. 

Here is the link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I'll take a look. Unfortunately, it would require me to fly or take a train, which makes it a bit more problematic since I usually just drive to a Florida port in a few hours.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Here we are a at anchor in the Bay. We haven't gone very far. We can see lights on shore.IMG_20200307_213124.thumb.jpg.21e531637eec8459c80046b00dc2fdf2.jpg

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We have sailed from Baltimore 10 or 11 times. This is our first time at anchor. But, I know the Grandeur has done this for hurricanes.

We anchored the same place on the Feb 20th cruise.

Good morning.😀

Here is this mornings 🌞

IMG_20200308_073419.thumb.jpg.5833892dc4650d559c67b5a82074f836.jpg

I had to take this through a dirty solarium window.  The outside decks are all closed. I heard a guest slipped on the icy deck last night.

My phone says we are in Stevensville and it is 32 degrees.

We are in a protected little nook in the bay. You can see how close to land we are.( Better for internet connection 😉) It is smooth as glass.

IMG_20200308_073523.thumb.jpg.ab8259b408222bcae95f99ed5c1251ef.jpg

• Like 3

The Captain gave us an update. We should have left here at 7-8 this morning. But we are still anchored just beyond the Bay Bridge. 

He said waves off Cape Hatteras  were 20 ft this am. He says we will leave here around 11ish and will exit the Bay around 9pm. He expects waves to be 6-8 feet near NC then and the ship will use stabilizers. He will let us know how this impacts the itinerary tomorrow morning. Stabilizers slow us down.

I figure we will be a full day behind. We usually exit the Bay around 10 pm on the night we embark. It is likely we will have a short port in San Juan or miss it entirely. We have visited many times, so we don't mind either way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2PARRS said:

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise!

Has the Baltimore boarding ramp been repaired?  It was down for the count at the first of the year.

Stay well and have lots of fun!

We came off of Grandeur yesterday and no, the ramp has not been repaired yet.

Here are a couploe of pictures of today's Cruise Compass.  20200307_144430.thumb.jpg.509cb35bafaed3fb3a0b064dd8182a4d.jpg

I notice that the activities are organized a little differently.  It used to be a running list by time.  Now it is divided by type of activity.  I will let you know if I like this better after I have used it a couple of days. 

20200307_144355.thumb.jpg.809f80bbf7d64bd4a8b17c952d9c8184.jpg

20200307_144407.thumb.jpg.374c2b2cd1599dc33fe52d46e8e494d8.jpg

Here is a list of dining for today.
20200307_144514(0).thumb.jpg.84e9b66735522915da5ce6b98344b5f4.jpg

They announced the cabins were ready at 2:45.  I think we will head down there.  Talk to you later.

I wonder if all ships are moving to this format. We sail on Majesty on March 21. Can not wait to pull anchor on our trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Dragon,

Did they take X ray and temperature scan at the port?

I was reading another review and it seemed confusing.

We had a touchless temperature scan before we went to security. We went through an airport style x-ray machine at security.  All metal had to go through the machine, but belts and shoes were OK.  Laptops/tablets could stay in your bags.  

I only took 4 Diet Cokes and 2 waters with me just to get us started.  You can carry on 12 non-alcoholic beverages.  I saw quite a few people carrying on a 12-pack.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, karenemily said:

I wonder if all ships are moving to this format. We sail on Majesty on March 21. Can not wait to pull anchor on our trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't knw.  Maybe someone from another ship will reply to this post.  We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas in October and they were using the old format.