NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

Dumb question, I could swear I read somewhere that if you owned NCLH Stock, and were an NCL customer, there was some benefit. Is that true? What is the benefit and how many shares does one need to own in order to qualify for those benefit(s)?

Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

That is incorrect. Del Rio is speaking of all three; NCL, Oceania, and Regent. Marketing to fill  has been NCL's marketing strategy for quite some time. He is very specific about this in the conference call (linked below).

Got it. Thank you for clarifying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacII said:

Dumb question, I could swear I read somewhere that if you owned NCLH Stock, and were an NCL customer, there was some benefit. Is that true? What is the benefit and how many shares does one need to own in order to qualify for those benefit(s)?

Thank you.

Not dumb at all.  Yes, if you own 100 shares of NCLH stock, you can get on board credit ($50 for shorter, 6 day or less cruises, $100 for 7-14 days, and $250 for 15+ day cruises).  You can get this on NCL, Oceania, or Regent's cruises.  You have to complete the Shareholder Benefit Request form and send with a copy of your brokerage statement (or photocopy of your shareholder proxy card) to the mailing/email address found at the bottom of the request form.  Based upon what I have read on this forum (and my own experience), the email method works best.  I think it is limited to one OBC per stateroom....as we have 200 shares, but it doesn't get you any more OBC (unless maybe you have 2 cabins booked and each shareholder is in a separate cabin?)  It is based upon whose name is on the Brokerage statement, etc.

Pretty good deal for those who bought shares at the Pandemic low.  In fact, they are still a good deal, in my opinion.  Unfortunately, I bought during 2019!

Links:  https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Offer.pdf 

(tells about it)

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Offer.pdf

(actual form)

On 5/12/2022 at 1:35 PM, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Not dumb at all.  Yes, if you own 100 shares of NCLH stock, you can get on board credit ($50 for shorter, 6 day or less cruises, $100 for 7-14 days, and $250 for 15+ day cruises).  You can get this on NCL, Oceania, or Regent's cruises.  You have to complete the Shareholder Benefit Request form and send with a copy of your brokerage statement (or photocopy of your shareholder proxy card) to the mailing/email address found at the bottom of the request form.  Based upon what I have read on this forum (and my own experience), the email method works best.  I think it is limited to one OBC per stateroom....as we have 200 shares, but it doesn't get you any more OBC (unless maybe you have 2 cabins booked and each shareholder is in a separate cabin?)  It is based upon whose name is on the Brokerage statement, etc.

Pretty good deal for those who bought shares at the Pandemic low.  In fact, they are still a good deal, in my opinion.  Unfortunately, I bought during 2019!

Links:  https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Offer.pdf 

(tells about it)

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Offer.pdf

(actual form)

Thank you so much! I just filled it out!

BTW, I think your link for the form is wrong, I believe the right one is:

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Request+Form.pdf

(Shareholder Benefit Request Form)

I wonder how strict they are about the two weeks...I just bought the stock two days ago and we sail out on Saturday of next week...we shall see.

Again, thank you!

Edited by MacII

• 2 weeks later...

Today brought another 12% loss to NCL stock. The entire market is down, but cruise lines continue to take a beating.  

Meanwhile CCL entered into discussions with the Saudi's to sell Seabourn. I've suggested that the Saudi's will get heavily involved for nearly a year now. I suspect when it's all said and done, they will own more than just Seabourn. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-discussions-sell-seabourn-reports-143612828.html

And keep an eye on MSC to make a move..... 

Shorts are still crushing it. 

34 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Meanwhile CCL entered into discussions with the Saudi's to sell Seabourn. I've suggested that the Saudi's will get heavily involved for nearly a year now. I suspect when it's all said and done, they will own more than just Seabourn. 

The Saudis bought over 8% of CCL in April 2020 and at least at the time became their third largest shareholder as a result, so it's not at all surprising that Carnival would turn to them to buy Seabourn.

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The Saudis bought over 8% of CCL in April 2020 and at least at the time became their third largest shareholder as a result, so it's not at all surprising that Carnival would turn to them to buy Seabourn.

Yep, that’s exactly what I’ve been saying :). 

I don’t think pealing off HAL and Princess is a big stretch either. 

32 minutes ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

Wondering what might be an good entry price for NCL stock at this point..

It hit a 52 week low today. Last time it was this low was May 2020. 

i won’t be surprised if it is under $10 soon. The whole market is tanking. It hurts me to look at my Fidelity account. 

Edited by MidCitiesMan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Yep, that’s exactly what I’ve been saying :). 

I don’t think pealing off HAL and Princess is a big stretch either. 

I read on one forum (I believe here) that there was speculation a year ago that Seabourn and Cunard were of interest.  Seabourn appears to be true... who knows - could be a package deal.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if HAL or Cunard are sold off soon. When you breakdown what they are doing marketwise:

Carnival - US "America's cruise line"

P&O - British

P&O Australia - ANZ

AIDA - German

Costa - Italian

Princess - Premium

HAL tended to focus on the traditional cruising and/or Baby Boomer generation and I don't see them moving the market strong downward. I see them investing in each brand and if they want an upper tier, move with Princess.

Mind you, if this sale happens, that only leaves all of Carnival Corp with a handful of ships on the order books.

Carnival Cruise Line

Carnival Celebration

Carnival Jubilee

Cunard

Queen Anne

P&O Cruises

Arvia

Costa Cruises

*NONE*

Aida

*NONE*

Holland America

*NONE*

P&O Australia

*NONE*

Princess Cruises

Sphere Class 1

Sphere Class 2

Seabourn

Seabourn Venture

Seabourn Pursuit

Size/Capacity aside:

Carnival Corp: 8 (six if Seabourn sold)

Royal Caribbean/Celebrity/Silversea: 8

NCL/Oceania/Regent: 9

MSC/Explora: 10

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Today brought another 12% loss to NCL stock. The entire market is down, but cruise lines continue to take a beating.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-discussions-sell-seabourn-reports-143612828.html

And keep an eye on MSC to make a move..... 

Shorts are still crushing it. 

I just waiting for MSC to make a move. Parent company also making moves on Alitalia/ITA with Lufthansa.

The Global Dream at MV Werften is down to two bidders, one being Genting's KT Lim. Other bidder is speculated to be MSC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

As a total stock noob, I was waiting for about  $10 or less to buy more.  I'm sure someone could educate me on why this is wrong or even good. 

I was in the business for almost 30 years but I was never licenced to give investment advice to Americans (just Canucks) so I won't give you any investment advice, but I'll will tell you what one of my favourite investing quotes is. 

It's from Warren Buffett, who has had a pretty good career in investing, It's;  

“Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 4

Remember if you are comfortable with options you can make a little bit back if you are bearish on the stocks you hold.  All that being said, I would NOT be doing covered calls on the cruise lines as they seem way to volatile (unless you don't care if your stocks are assigned).  Just my .02.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beezo said:

I just waiting for MSC to make a move. Parent company also making moves on Alitalia/ITA with Lufthansa.

The Global Dream at MV Werften is down to two bidders, one being Genting's KT Lim. Other bidder is speculated to be MSC.

Do you think MSC will take over Norwegian or Norwegian sells regent and/or Oceania?

2 hours ago, Beezo said:

I suspect MSC is just waiting patiently. I mean, why not? Friendly deal or hostile take over. Or Chapter 7/11. At this point everything is in play in my opinion.

And I also agree that I can see CCL spinning off HAL and/or Princess. If someone would by them I'd be sell if I were in charge lol. 

What I've been saying all along is that this scenario is like the three bears..

-CCL is too big

-NCL is too small

-RCL is just right (meaning rcl has the best chance imo).

Johnny Public just isn't knocking down the doors to book cruises. 

And more importantly, the debt is Enormous. I just don't see a clean way out. 

2 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Remember if you are comfortable with options you can make a little bit back if you are bearish on the stocks you hold.  All that being said, I would NOT be doing covered calls on the cruise lines as they seem way to volatile (unless you don't care if your stocks are assigned).  Just my .02.  

I've been around these boards for a long time now and most posters here would no know the difference between a covered call and a last call. 😁

And we won't be bringing up using a straddle either. Lord knows where that discussion would lead to. 😉

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Do you think MSC will take over Norwegian or Norwegian sells regent and/or Oceania?

Although the numbers suggest that MSC is well positioned to be a distressed acquirer due to the financial benefit and support of its' parent shipping company, and that it is privately held and opens the gangway to a spinoff subsidiary that it could make a quasi private-public entity to make such and acquisition.

HOWEVER, I look at MSC as having a really 'full plate' already. 

Being privately held, they have also been conservative in expansion compared to the publicly held big three and have addressed the NCL ships with its Seaside Class, the  RCL ships with  its Meraviglia Class and upcoming World Class.  It has also addressed Regent and Oceania with its upcoming Explora Class (i.e., dubbed the Yacht Club ships).

Regarding NCL, MSC already has on order ~

MSC Seascape (Late 2022) - Seaside Class, 5,877 Passengers

MSC World Europa (Late 2022) - NEW World Class, 6,744 Passengers, 204,700 Tonnage

MSC World (#2) _______ - 2024-2027

MSC World (#3) _______ - 2024-2027

MSC World (#4) _______ - 2024-2027

MSC Euribia (Mid 2023) - Meraviglia Class, 6,000+ Passengers, 181,500 Tonnage

Regarding Regent and Oceania, MSC already has on order ~

MSC Explora Class - the Yacht Club Ships - Building New Luxury Sub-Line

MSC Explora I (Early 2023) - 461 Cabins, 64,000 Tonnage

MSC Explora 2 (2024) - 461 Cabins, 64,000 Tonnage

MSC Explora 3 (2025) - 461 Cabins, 64,000 Tonnage

MSC Explora 4 (2026) - 461 Cabins, 64,000 Tonnage

• Like 1

Obviously we are all participating in friendly speculation. 

This is what I know about MCS. We need to ship product to the USA for hubby's business. A container that cost less than $1,800 in 2020 just priced at $11,300.

I believe MSC shipping is flush. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

4 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Obviously we are all participating in friendly speculation. 

This is what I know about MCS. We need to ship product to the USA for hubby's business. A container that cost less than $1,800 in 2020 just priced at $11,300.

I believe MSC shipping is flush. 

Going to be an interesting next couple years.   

CCL and RCL both have very bad debt issues. CCL just issued 

NCLH is not quite as bad. 

Lets see who gets to cash flow positive first.   My bet is NCLH.