March 15 Santiago to San Diego cancelled a few hours ago

Margarita Jane

1 hour ago, julia said:

What an absolute cluster for BOTH the onboard passengers and those stranded at the port in a foreign country!!  This is totally unacceptable on so many levels, it just boggles my brain. 

C'mon Celebrity and Chile... get it together and take care of these passengers!

@Margarita Jane

@arubamoose

Please keep us updated, and we wish you lots of patience and safe travels!

You can't blame celebrity for this mess. They really want to unload all the passengers and fill up again.. Totally out of their hands

4 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

As long as there would be no CV onboard, I wonder if it would have made more sense that every cruise ship already at sea which has been denied a port, should have remained at sea allowing a cruise to nowhere...many sea days...but at least arriving back at disembarkation port where cruisers could access their booked air flight home.  No panic to arrange alternate flights, more expense, etc. 

Good idea but would fuel be an issue?

4 minutes ago, sonnycruises said:

Good idea but would fuel be an issue?

I know....not often I've seen them refuel while at sea...but at this point...moot point.  Just think this debacle for cruisers could have been handled better without a knee-jerk reaction to the 'directive'.

8 hours ago, Margarita Jane said:

Almost 8:00am here in Santiago, and still no email from Celebrity telling me the cruise was cancelled. I have seen what was sent out, but a bit upset that I haven’t received official notification.

We have flights back to Florida, assuming we don’t get hung up along the way. 

Hope you get back  safely....sort it all out later!

4 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I don't regret cancelling this cruise last May, LLP is continuing to demonstrate untrustworthy leadership.

So, the multitude of problems faced by the entire cruise industry are due to a lack of leadership by LLP and have absolutely nothing to do with the global pandemic? Or are you suggesting that she's responsible for that too? Interesting take on world affairs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

So, the multitude of problems faced by the entire cruise industry are due to a lack of leadership by LLP and have absolutely nothing to do with the global pandemic? Or are you suggesting that she's responsible for that too? Interesting take on world affairs.

I believe LLP might be the only one who believes she is that powerful.

• Haha 1

Our luggage has been redelivered to our room.  The captain said we will be spending the night on the ship. We will be docking to refuel and gather provisions.  He said don’t bother rebooking flights and hotels. 

Free drinks and Wifi for all. 

This does not bode well. Captain just announced that debarkation will not happen anytime soon. 

We cancelled our flights and hotel from Santiago Chile.  We have not done anything to our flights from San Diego. 

Good luck all....!!!

20 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Will travel insurance cover the extra money for airline tickets out of Santiago? Or will they reject it because it is pandemic related?

It depends on the policy.  Some policies exclude pandemics. If it didn't exclude pandemics then yes it should cover the cost to change the airline ticket. if the policy doesn't have trip Interruption then I'm not sure.

Edited by cruisingnewtoit

14 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

Our luggage has been redelivered to our room.  The captain said we will be spending the night on the ship. We will be docking to refuel and gather provisions.  He said don’t bother rebooking flights and hotels. 

Free drinks and Wifi for all. 

This does not bode well. Captain just announced that debarkation will not happen anytime soon. 

We cancelled our flights and hotel from Santiago Chile.  We have not done anything to our flights from San Diego. 

Good luck all....!!!

Good luck to you, too, @Arubamoose

We got airline tickets back to Miami, and currently sitting in Panama airport. I am hearing the airports in the states are a disaster, checking everyone for Corona Virus. They checked our temps in Panama before letting us go to the gate for our flight to Miami.

Crazy right now, and I’m sure X had no option. But I still have not received notification from X that the cruise was cancelled. I did receive an email early Saturday morning that it was a go, so it’s not like they didn’t know how to reach me. I got a second notification from X later Saturday regarding my shipboard credits. But NO notice of cancellation. I know what the Cancellation email said, I’m just upset that I wasn’t notified.

We were to be on this cruise. I canceled before final payment. While I thought the cruise was nice and going to a nice area of the world. Getting to San Antonio from Seattle was not easy. Wishing them all save travels.

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Complete strawman unless you can find a quote from me blaming LLP for the virus back in Dec, or anytime to the present.  It is my subjective opinion that she lacks integrity, I'm not going to rehash the reasons why.  We cancelled our Eclipse sailing for 3/15 on such a notion, and the situation in San Antonio doesn't convince me otherwise.  You are more than welcome to disagree, but it seems that amongst the abandoned passengers, I'm not alone.

• Like 1