Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

8 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

But we then could be in danger of this if we don’t learn to live with Covid-19 - (A quote from the past week 🙄)

“But you don’t need to be elderly or work in a hospital to be hanging out for a coronavirus vaccine. Without one, Australia could remain a hermit kingdom at the end of the Earth, cut off from the rest of the World.”

what a frightening thought ....... 😳

Treatments are under investigation and hold the promise to be able live with COVID-19 in the community. HIV is an example of living with the virus in the community without a vaccine.

34 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Treatments are under investigation and hold the promise to be able live with COVID-19 in the community. HIV is an example of living with the virus in the community without a vaccine.

I think the Kung flu is a lot more contagious that HIV.

At least HIV would be more fun to transmit.

26 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Here we go.

Whats the difference between Kung flu and C19

Coronaviruses constitute the subfamily Orthocoronavirinae, in the family Coronaviridae, order Nidovirales, and realm Riboviria.They are enveloped viruses with a positive-sense single-stranded RNA genome and a nucleocapsid of helical symmetry. The genome size of coronaviruses ranges from approximately 26 to 32 kilobases, one of the largest among RNA viruses. They have characteristic club-shaped spikes that project from their surface, which in electron micrographs create an image reminiscent of the solar corona, from which their name derives.

Orthomyxoviridae otherwise  known as the influenza virus is a family of RNA viruses. It includes seven genera: Alphainfluenzavirus, Betainfluenzavirus, Deltainfluenzavirus, Gammainfluenzavirus, Isavirus, Thogotovirus, and Quaranjavirus. The first four genera contain viruses that cause influenza in vertebrates, including birds (avian influenza), humans, and other mammals. Isaviruses infect salmon; the thogotoviruses are arboviruses, infecting vertebrates and invertebrates, such as ticks and mosquitoes.The Quaranjaviruses are also arboviruses, infecting arthropods as well as birds.

Also I should add that Kung in Chinese means skillful work and hard training. So you are basically complimenting the virus😂

Edited by ilikeanswers

15 hours ago, pully8 said:

we are hopefully of cruising again.

vaccine might or not happen.

like many i was surprised at the testing regime voluntary rules.

probably people refuse for the discomfort and need for repeated testing.

once tested does the clock get reset to 14 days?

also the cost factor of housing people in quarantine.

some have requested early release for various reasons.

losing the ability to earn a living.

meanwhile panic buying is happening again. 

would love to be back on a ship. 

Yep, the toilet paper scramble is back on.  I was in IGA this morning, limit of one pack, so I bought a big pack of 18.  Woolies have a limit of 2 and Coles limit of 1.   At least on the ships TP is not rationed, unlike the swab tests for Covid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yep, the toilet paper scramble is back on.  I was in IGA this morning, limit of one pack, so I bought a big pack of 18.  Woolies have a limit of 2 and Coles limit of 1.   At least on the ships TP is not rationed, unlike the swab tests for Covid.

When I shopped on Thursday, Coles had no toilet paper and Woolies just had a few packs. I had to go to Woolies this morning to buy a couple of things I forgot to get on Thurs. The TR aisle was quite well stocked. I saw a couple I walked into Woolies behind walking out with three 18 packs. Ridiculous!

Leigh

9 minutes ago, possum52 said:

When I shopped on Thursday, Coles had no toilet paper and Woolies just had a few packs. I had to go to Woolies this morning to buy a couple of things I forgot to get on Thurs. The TR aisle was quite well stocked. I saw a couple I walked into Woolies behind walking out with three 18 packs. Ridiculous!

Leigh

I think the Victorians are heading up ye olde Princes Hwy and purloining our TP.    Call out the TP Police, road blocks at Cann River.   70% of the population of the Eurobodalla - Batemans Bay etc are retirees, hence the run on TP. Also the interstate caravanners hit Woolies and Coles and Aldi and resupply with everything.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Coronaviruses constitute the subfamily Orthocoronavirinae, in the family Coronaviridae, order Nidovirales, and realm Riboviria.They are enveloped viruses with a positive-sense single-stranded RNA genome and a nucleocapsid of helical symmetry. The genome size of coronaviruses ranges from approximately 26 to 32 kilobases, one of the largest among RNA viruses. They have characteristic club-shaped spikes that project from their surface, which in electron micrographs create an image reminiscent of the solar corona, from which their name derives.

Orthomyxoviridae otherwise  known as the influenza virus is a family of RNA viruses. It includes seven genera: Alphainfluenzavirus, Betainfluenzavirus, Deltainfluenzavirus, Gammainfluenzavirus, Isavirus, Thogotovirus, and Quaranjavirus. The first four genera contain viruses that cause influenza in vertebrates, including birds (avian influenza), humans, and other mammals. Isaviruses infect salmon; the thogotoviruses are arboviruses, infecting vertebrates and invertebrates, such as ticks and mosquitoes.The Quaranjaviruses are also arboviruses, infecting arthropods as well as birds.

Also I should add that Kung in Chinese means skillful work and hard training. So you are basically complimenting the virus😂

That’s impressive.

One thing you missed is a nickname used by Donald Trump.

There is no Kung flu and my comment was the current virus is a lot more contagious than HIV.

20 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Should have known🙄, inaccurate and meme able😖, Trump's MO

How about a movie called  KUNG FLU.

Set in a monastery high in the mountains on Wuhan.

Monks are genetically modifying vampire bats and one of the bats bites young grasshopper.
The old monk says,Grasshopper you must go to America.

The plot thickens??????

• Haha 2

Chili I enjoy your sense of humour. Unfortunately the "leader" of that large country to the south of mine continues to make fun of this very real problem. He had his ridiculous rally with an 2/3 empty arena, calling it Kung Flu and mocking the real name of that has been assigned to this disease. Then he went to some high school event and was using the same BS with them, and they were cheering. I shake my head. At this rate no one will be cruising for a very long time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Chili I enjoy your sense of humour. Unfortunately the "leader" of that large country to the south of mine continues to make fun of this very real problem. He had his ridiculous rally with an 2/3 empty arena, calling it Kung Flu and mocking the real name of that has been assigned to this disease. Then he went to some high school event and was using the same BS with them, and they were cheering. I shake my head. At this rate no one will be cruising for a very long time.

It’s a worry Lyle. With such a leader of the free world in these troubled times.

But they seem to love someone on their entertainment value and not their leadership skills.

No , no cruises for a while .Theres some great deals on upmarket hotels.

We are off tomorrow on a road trip around the snowy mountains tomorrow.4 ️ hotels for 2 with full buffet breakfast for $AU100 .That good for Australia.

Are you and Lyne coming? LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s a worry Lyle. With such a leader of the free world in these troubled times.

But they seem to love someone on their entertainment value and not their leadership skills.

We are off tomorrow on a road trip around the snowy mountains tomorrow.4 ️ hotels for 2 with full buffet breakfast for $AU100 .That good for Australia.

There is a big if Chili, if we are allowed to travel to Australia and New Zealand by January/February 2021 we will be coming cruise or no cruise. Also if Air New Zealand will be flying direct Vancouver to Auckland and back as booked we will be there. Probably by the time we get there the great deals will be a distant memory. I'm also going to practice eating meat pies so I don't look like a stupid foreigner when we get there.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That is a real good deal, I have just been out to western NSW and paid $140 a night just for motels, brekkie and dinner additional.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

There is a big if Chili, if we are allowed to travel to Australia and New Zealand by January/February 2021 we will be coming cruise or no cruise. Also if Air New Zealand will be flying direct Vancouver to Auckland and back as booked we will be there. Probably by the time we get there the great deals will be a distant memory. I'm also going to practice eating meat pies so I don't look like a stupid foreigner when we get there.

So do a bit of practice on the upside down method Lyle, in case you get a pie with a soft bottom, if you know what I mean.download.jpg.279487ad1a052e0dcf569476d55bacdb.jpg

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So do a bit of practice on the upside down method Lyle, in case you get a pie with a soft bottom, if you know what I mean.download.jpg.279487ad1a052e0dcf569476d55bacdb.jpg

Yes rather dry Mr Gut, how about this one then...?pie.jpg.ab502a35cc0d830d7e379a1b6dea8835.jpgBit more of ye olde gravy.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It looks like the pie is cold, with a bit of solidified fat (I mean nutrients).

Easier to photograph if you don’t know what is should look like.

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes rather dry Mr Gut, how about this one then...?pie.jpg.ab502a35cc0d830d7e379a1b6dea8835.jpgBit more of ye olde gravy.  

That one looks yummy. I love potato top pies but rarely see them round our way these days. Our local baker doesn't make them.

32 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That one looks yummy. I love potato top pies but rarely see them round our way these days. Our local baker doesn't make them.

My husband loves them too, well he loves anything with mashed potato! Fortunately for him, there are a couple of bakeries close by who make them. 

Leigh

• Like 1

Because other places have their own versions which are basically a meat pies.

Empanadas (Pastry with a meat filling).

Burrito or Taco (meat filling)

Dumplings (meat fillings)

Ravioli (pastry with a meat filling)

Kebab (bread with meat filling).

This is just a few.