P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

31 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Blimey, that's higher than mine. Does that Include all the farm things, like sheep milking  machines.🤣

We live in a big farmhouse but we’re not farmers! It does include a few machines in the outbuildings but nothing connected to farming. We have our own borehole so the pump is always running. The washing machine is used twice daily and the tumble when it’s wet. And that doesn’t include heating which is oil central heating. I work from home and have two screens running. From talking to neighbours, it seems to be about average. 

• Like 1

Our gas and electricity cost is £190 a month, we are currently in credit, our supplier returned the government £66 subsidy 3 days after the DD was paid. Our previous fixed deal which ended in early October was £120 a month, we were £300+ in credit at the end of the deal. 

We put the reduction down to a relatively warm winter in 2020/21, the new boiler installed in May and above average temperatures over the last few weeks, it was 20C here yesterday, greenhouse temperature was 26C, lowest overnight has been 10.5C, which is not normal, I will be picking last of tomatoes today, usually that’s at beginning of October, not the end, plus my late summer crop of lettuce is still going strong. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Our estimated annual cost of electricity is …….. £3680.72 

We currently pay £360 per month for gas and electricity, currently £900 in credit. Our smart meter shows we are using £9/10 per day

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Our gas and electricity cost is £190 a month, we are currently in credit,

Your doing well .

Taken from my last bill ...

"Your estimated annual cost £884.77 a year for electricity £1470.32 a year for gas ."

Our bill is averaging out at £196.50 a month ,these are estimates and nine times out of ten

our gas bill ends up being lower over the year .

Quite happy with my old faithful 20 odd year old boiler ,it's done me proud over the years 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

We live in a big farmhouse but we’re not farmers! It does include a few machines in the outbuildings but nothing connected to farming. We have our own borehole so the pump is always running. The washing machine is used twice daily and the tumble when it’s wet. And that doesn’t include heating which is oil central heating. I work from home and have two screens running. From talking to neighbours, it seems to be about average. 

So the idyllic large house in the rural countryside comes at a hefty price?😲

Not so idyllic after all. Another dream shattered😒

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

In my emails this morning.

7600 passengers.

Screenshot_20221030_074438.jpg

Ye gods that’s excessive, add the 2,400 crew and thats 10,000 people onboard, that will potentially swamp any location it calls at.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/10/20/royal-caribbean-reveals-spectacular-design-new-icon-of-the-seas-cruise-ship

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So the idyllic large house in the rural countryside comes at a hefty price?😲

Not so idyllic after all. Another dream shattered😒

Avril

A large house means higher energy bills wherever it’s located, though, and it might as well be somewhere nice to live. Horses for courses, though - not everyone can cope with living away from towns and cities. Or with living in one!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’m pretty sure this would appeal very much to our grandchildren! I won’t repeat my wife’s expletive!

Exactly Harry!!! We are taking our grandchildren on Anthem in August and that’s big enough for us. I am sure they would love Icon but not for us oldies I’m afraid

Michelle

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’m pretty sure this would appeal very much to our grandchildren! I won’t repeat my wife’s expletive!

I guess it’s unlikely we will see this monstrosity in Europe given size restrictions some ports are putting on cruise ships. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Please tell me I'm hallucinating Graham🙈

Avril

It will be fantastic for kids,teenagers and young adults.

I love Oasis class ships but don't like the look of this for us.

Screenshot_20221030_092046_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27

3 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I guess it’s unlikely we will see this monstrosity in Europe given size restrictions some ports are putting on cruise ships. 

She is only 6% bigger than Wonder which we docked with 3 times on our Med cruise earlier this month so I expect her to come across at some stage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

She is only 6% bigger than Wonder which we docked with 3 times on our Med cruise earlier this month so I expect her to come across at some stage.

5300 berths with 7600 maximum passengers.

A lot more passengers for a slightly bigger ship Phil.

• Like 1