P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

55 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I bought mine from Jones of Oakwood, remember them from your time in Leeds

The name definitely rings a bell.

In fact, I think we may have bought our first microwave from them, around 1984 or so. A monster of an appliance, and we probably paid the equivalent of £500 for it !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

In fact, I think we may have bought our first microwave from them, around 1984 or so. A monster of an appliance, and we probably paid the equivalent of £500 for it !

Almost certainly. Our first cost £100 in 1979, about £600 in todays money, and everyone thought we’d put a television in the kitchen - which would probably have been as weird then as a microwave.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It was a glorious warm sunny morning but the threatened heavy rain has arrived now - good we’re safely back & inside

Fell to temptation.  However, jam plus half a fresh strawberry must be one of our 5 a day, yes?

1A603E7F-C2F5-4C04-A4C9-06E78A1021AB.thumb.jpeg.02b87b81f6759aa541098e392b14058e.jpeg

Only one of you 5 a day? In my reckoning, it must be at least two. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Our current microwave was bought in 1981, its massive but has performed perfectly its entire life. No idea where we bought it though, probably comet or maybe Currys.

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Our current microwave was bought in 1981, its massive but has performed perfectly its entire life. No idea where we bought it though, probably comet or maybe Currys.

That’s impressive! You’re lucky if the newer ones last five years, even brands like Panasonic.

On 10/30/2022 at 3:41 PM, zap99 said:

We have booked a week on her for February. If you listened to negative comments about cruises, cruise ships, holidays, or life in general, you would .....???🤪

We are on Azura in Feb too

Michelle

• Like 2

I just want to say thank you to everyone who offered good wishes for my daughter’s wedding this weekend. We had a perfect day, a lovely ceremony, good food and good company. 

One disaster though, her dress ripped as she was putting it on down the seam that the seamstress stitched only on Thursday so it was held together with safety pins. 

Michelle

• Like 12

58 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have had at least 5 microwaves in that time period, the last one, a Panasonic Combination lasted 8 years.

Until 2021 I had a black & decker heat gun that was my stepfather’s, he bought it around 1974, it finally gave up when I was halfway through stripping the garage door. 

41 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I just want to say thank you to everyone who offered good wishes for my daughter’s wedding this weekend. We had a perfect day, a lovely ceremony, good food and good company. 

One disaster though, her dress ripped as she was putting it on down the seam that the seamstress stitched only on Thursday so it was held together with safety pins. 

Michelle

I’m so glad you had a lovely day!

I always have a bunch of safety pins in my bag, you never know when you might need them. My sister in law’s wedding dress strap broke at the reception the other weekend & my trusty safety pins came to the rescue. 😁

• Like 5

Not been around for a few days as I'm again having trouble on this site!  I am having to log off and log on again to post anything🤷‍♀️

Having read through the above posts (I can't quote anyone either!). We don't normally get any trick or treaters in our road, possibly as we are a cul-de-sac, but this year we have a new family with children so maybe. I normally hide at the back of the house with all lights in the front out so it looks as though there is nobody in. It is also raining now too.

My microwave is old and the size of a TV but it still works. I don't know how old it is now, but we bought it before we moved down here and we've been here 35 years!

Glad to hear all went well for your daughtr's wedding Michelle.

We had a surprise party for my daughter at the weekend. It was supposed to be a mid-day early afternoon party. My eldest daughter was looking after her daughter so we had access to the house, while she went with her partner to collect something for their van. Everyone had arrived, food prepared and she messaged to say that they would be back at 4pm, but as I started  work then I missed the event!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

It’s St Just Feast weekend here, so lots  of locals will have today off to drink & play or watch the various sports Rugby, clay shoot, local hunt have ridden past to meet in the square. Of course it’s the church feast really celebrating the consecration of our c of e church. 
I’ve been celebrating by trying to clean the bathroom ceiling , no matter how much it’s aired it still gets mouldy, so I’ve been wielding a broom covered with rag trying to bleach it, hope I haven’t damaged it because obviously I’ll need it for flying tonight! 🧹

When our kids were little they were only allowed to knock on a few friends doors in the valley. Most only go to people with pumpkins lit, seems to be the unwritten rule. I’ll put a bowl of treat size milkways out on the door step, saves them knocking, done that since having our first baby so no disturbance than, hopefully no one will come so I can eat them of course! 

Fond memories of St just Rugby club. We stayed in one of the holiday cottages owned by Mrs Hollman and were allowed to use the club house. I put a pound in the second teams whip .That kept me in beer all evening.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Having read through the above posts (I can't quote anyone either!). We don't normally get any trick or treaters in our road, possibly as we are a cul-de-sac, but this year we have a new family with children so maybe. I normally hide at the back of the house with all lights in the front out so it looks as though there is nobody in. It is also raining now too.

I just hid in Wetherspoons for a while!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Zero trick or treaters here, the very heavy rain put a stop to that nonsense and didn’t have to hide in a hellhole such Wetherspoons 😬

Despite the weather, the trick or treaters were out in force last night round here, but they only go to houses with pumpkins outside, so left us alone. 

Driving back from 'fat club', (yes, pre cruise diet so I don't have to buy a new tux), it was like a Zombie apocalypse...

Zombies, fasands of em... 😂

Andy 

• Like 4

Morning all ,that was a nice peaceful Halloween due to the heavy rain last night .

Pleased to see you have all come out of hiding as it's a new day /month 😊

Today is All Saints Day :classic_unsure:download.jpg.c131e0d0ae06c890c219c0eee472f73e.jpg

I'm not sure what or how we are meant to celebrate it .You could sit there eating up 

all the leftover treats from last night ,whilst humming one of their songs.😖

Have a nice day everyone .. 🎶 Never Ever ...erm 🎶😖 Never mind soon be bon fire

night !:classic_unsure:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Despite the weather, the trick or treaters were out in force last night round here, but they only go to houses with pumpkins outside, so left us alone. 

Driving back from 'fat club', (yes, pre cruise diet so I don't have to buy a new tux), it was like a Zombie apocalypse...

Zombies, fasands of em... 😂

Andy 

Soggy zombies too by the sound of it.😁

Avril

• Like 1

Good morning.

No trick or treaters here either, only my great-grandson via Whatsapp, dressed in black pj's with a fluorescent green skeleton on the front, trying to look menacing. He tried his best bless him, but with such a cute face he couldn't quite pull it off. Better luck next year.😊

Strange weather. Lovely sunny day yesterday, 16c  then a rainy evening followed by howling winds and torrential rain overnight. Now we have light winds, a blue sky, sunshine, 14c  and a messy garden to clean up😏

Have a good everyone. x

Avril

• Like 3

So glad I’d got home quick from walking the dog, just had hail, huge balls if the dog had been out she’d have been off home with me towed behind on my face!
No trick or treaters last night, glad I bought chocolate this year not sweets 😅, wind was way harder than forcast last night, lots of recycling blown about I noticed , dragged ours back in to its little sheltered spot last night so it didn’t end up everywhere, bin man kindly came in & got it as they come really early. We don’t have a big bin, but  those horrid bags which I’ve stopped using & have gradually collected a few of the big  plastic boxes instead, much better when we were all washing our bins after each collection!, & they don’t get mixed up with everyone else’s.

Keep dry & don’t blow away today everyone.

• Like 5

Well I've succumbed to the pressures of social media and bought an air fryer!!!!

I just went into B&M for some cheap wrapping paper and come out with air fryer,as you do!

Dual 7.6l Tower £99!

So far......mushroom/ halloumi burgers+potato  wedges,chicken pies+roasties,chicken in a soy, chill and lime marinade and Enchiladas

One word......WOW!

Half the time, perhaps even more and half the energy,according to our smart meter.

I'm often late to the party, as the saying goes but I'm glad I've eventually got there. Well worth it .

Ps. 3 sets of trick or treaters,just local kids.

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
Added ps
  • Like 4