P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 8/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, Megabear2 said:

His name is Dutch Decoy.  Currently holds entries on Friday or Saturday.  Coral Golden Mile 15:00 on Friday or Coral Handicap 17.20 on Saturday.

Finally got his head in front at Newmarket last week for his first win this year.  He finished fourth in the Goodwood race last year.

Not quite Paddington but he will give his all and a good bet for a place.

I see Dutch Decoy is entered at 15:00 tomorrow at 17/2, with Dettori aboard could be worth an each way punt, he does seem to prefer better going though. Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Probably only going for a crap, we used to have a cat that dug holes did its business in the hole then covered it over.

All well and good Phil, but it gets a tad annoying when dig up your flippin' plants to do it🤬

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

All well and good Phil, but it gets a tad annoying when dig up your flippin' plants to do it🤬

Avril

If you get a cat you'd have nothing to worry about as they always go next door ..  ..

• Haha 7

54 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I see Dutch Decoy is entered at 15:00 tomorrow at 17/2, with Dettori aboard could be worth an each way punt, he does seem to prefer better going though. Good luck.

Big surprise that we have Frankie Dettori onboard.  The ground was drying today but like a pudding so it's going to be quite a challenge.  Mark Johnston went for this one as the forecast for Saturday is absolutely appalling - high winds to go with the rain apparently.  He is a very genuine horse so will give his best whatever the circumstances.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

If you get a cat you'd have nothing to worry about as they always go next door ..  ..

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

This one lives 3 doors down and across the road!!😏

Avril

Get it to move in with you ... problem solved 🤣 Purrrrrrfect 🙃

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Hi everyone.  Still stuck in hospital pending rehab. Hope you are behaving for my stand ins. Completely sick of this and so ready for a cruise. 

Was thinking about you today Sharon. Missing you ... and yes most of us are behaving 😉. You take care and get back to us soon x

• Like 11

Everyone seems to have problems with cats, my problem is seagulls. They nest on the roof between our house and next door's (on one side) and our neighbour on the other side of us is feeding them.

They have on occasion knocked on our back door but when it gets something thrown at the door it flies off, not so this year, it won't move away until we open the door and chase it away. They have also started landing on our flat roof, outside our bedroom, and squawking from 4.30am😡

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Big surprise that we have Frankie Dettori onboard.  The ground was drying today but like a pudding so it's going to be quite a challenge.  Mark Johnston went for this one as the forecast for Saturday is absolutely appalling - high winds to go with the rain apparently.  He is a very genuine horse so will give his best whatever the circumstances.

Have lost this one.  Last horse I put a bet on was Red Rum .... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Everyone seems to have problems with cats, my problem is seagulls. They nest on the roof between our house and next door's (on one side) and our neighbour on the other side of us is feeding them.

They have on occasion knocked on our back door but when it gets something thrown at the door it flies off, not so this year, it won't move away until we open the door and chase it away. They have also started landing on our flat roof, outside our bedroom, and squawking from 4.30am😡

Sorry to say this but we love the sound of seagulls. Reminds us of holidays past.

Quite like seagulls in general but the ones in Llandudno are plain vicious!!!

• Like 4

We have squirrel problems rather than cat problems, my hubbie frequently runs out into the garden chasing them away from his plants.

Well, we are all packed & ready to leave for Southampton tomorrow lunchtime. I think there should be a group for Over-Packers Anonymous 🥴 

It’s due to be a bit blowy on Saturday on the south coast!

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry to say this but we love the sound of seagulls. Reminds us of holidays past.

Quite like seagulls in general but the ones in Llandudno are plain vicious!!!

To me they are a nightmare!   We can't have a BBQ without being watched and they can be vicious, especially the ones in St Ives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

We have squirrel problems rather than cat problems, my hubbie frequently runs out into the garden chasing them away from his plants.

Well, we are all packed & ready to leave for Southampton tomorrow lunchtime. I think there should be a group for Over-Packers Anonymous 🥴 

Hope you have a great cruise.

I always seem to come home with clothes in my suitcase that I didn't wear!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

To me they are a nightmare!   We can't have a BBQ without being watched and they can be vicious, especially the ones in St Ives.

If they are like the ones in Llandudno I can see why. Quite frightening to be honest. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hopevyiu are all ok today.

We had to make the awful decision yesterday to let our elderly dog who had an aggressive tumor to cross the rainbow bridge. I am heartbroken 💔 

IMG_7457.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. Golden retrievers are gorgeous we had one back in the 80's and 90's he was so placid the kids used to dress him up in leg warmers and hats he just loved the attention. My eldest daughter (the one with ms) has a golden retriever also her name is belle.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Hi everyone.  Still stuck in hospital pending rehab. Hope you are behaving for my stand ins. Completely sick of this and so ready for a cruise. 

sorry you are still not out of hospital. When all over take the cruise you deserve. 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, kalos said:

Get it to move in with you ... problem solved 🤣 Purrrrrrfect 🙃

Even though he annoys me by digging up the plants, I do worry about him crossing the road. not enough to adopt him though. He's a pretty savvy cat though, better road sense than some youngsters.

Avril

• Like 7

9 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Our squirrels are a pain digging up plants and digging holes in the lawn to hide the bulbs that they dig out of the borders.

I would have to join Over-Packers Anonymous, DH moans about how much I take whenever we go away but like I tell him, ladies need to have a choice of what to wear at all times 😊

Have a good journey to Southampton and have a great time on your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1