P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It is blowing a hooley with us this morning but is much milder with some nice sun, we have had our usually trip into Barnsley for my Costa fix and pick up a few odds and sods. 

I am going for my dressing removing this afternoon so will be interesting to see what lurks below, I don't need my crutches at all now but always use one on the stairs just in case and my walking pole when out and about, I have cut the codeine out but find the paracetamol is still helping plus I have a months supply of Apixaban for thinning the blood.

Thinking of you @P&O SUE 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning 8.c here this morning and calm at the moment .

I hope all goes well today for @P&O SUE  thoughts are with you .

Seems weird going away in October avoiding Halloween and bonfire night,coming home switching on the tv only  to be bombarded with Christmas tv adverts and not very good ones at that .

Things like a Venus fly trap, that we all love and buy presents for it .

In the words of Catharine Tate as Nan , what a load of old ... Was the script writer on 

some sort of medication ? 

Is it just me or is Christmas getting lost in the advertising world these days ?

Take care and have a good day .🙂

I actually quite like the John Lewis advert. I preferred the Little Dragon one, but life moves on. Sometimes Christmas adds can spoil the illusion.  I didn't know Rudulph had a battery powered nose. From here on in our telly will be full of Chrismas cooking programmes.  Gok Wan and Jamie so far today. Just booked Christmas day lunch at the restaurant.  2.30 ,so we can miss the anious horribillious broadcast.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I never do anyway. When I was a lad, come dancing was in black and white, but quite amusing.  I hope all the folk who watch it enjoy every moment.

Home Counties South, yeh ...

I avidly watch Strictly but can't watch the results show live because of other commitments so my Monday morning 6.00am is catch up, not much point this week though ...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I never do anyway. When I was a lad, come dancing was in black and white, but quite amusing. 

So was watching the  dancers from the Red Bar crossing the BOB  

Couldn't work out if they were line dancing at times .

• Haha 4

In a day of fast-moving domestic news, I’m happy to restrict my comments to Strictly 😉

Anton is my favourite judge who always makes me laugh, and I’m pleased that Angela was kept in. I think she is technically very strong and if they marked her down, it would be for having a 79 year old body!

Now Motsi is another matter.  I deliberately start to watch the live programme 30 minutes after it starts so that I can fast forward Motsi’s comments and lose a minute of each of the contestants’ VTs.  It’s likely that Angela will go at Blackpool and I’d be delighted if either Ellie or Angela Scanlon won.

Off to brave the wind now to head north to Lancaster for my grandson’s birthday.  Think we’ll give the M6 a miss though; too many high-sided vehicles.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Pot black could be a challenge too, much better now they use coloured balls

The whispering voice of Ted Lowe ..

"and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green."

Or the time the late great Fred Davies went for a long shot ..

" Poor Fred he's having trouble on the table and due to his age cannot seem to get his leg over "

Found it a bit hard to follow on the radio 🤣

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I actually quite like the John Lewis advert. I preferred the Little Dragon one, but life moves on. Sometimes Christmas adds can spoil the illusion.  I didn't know Rudulph had a battery powered nose. From here on in our telly will be full of Chrismas cooking programmes.  Gok Wan and Jamie so far today. Just booked Christmas day lunch at the restaurant.  2.30 ,so we can miss the anious horribillious broadcast.

Must be a Chinese restaurant owned by a dentist with that booking time. Tooth hurty.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Home Counties South, yeh ...

I avidly watch Strictly but can't watch the results show live because of other commitments so my Monday morning 6.00am is catch up, not much point this week though ...

Apologies if that is my fault!

53 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I will keep quiet in future about this .... and other currently  contentious subjects.

With the state of the world I think a chat about Strictly is very welcome, certainly not contentious.  I'll just avoid CC until after 8.00am on a Monday. Definitely no need to be quiet.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

The whispering voice of Ted Lowe ..

"and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green."

Or the time the late great Fred Davies went for a long shot ..

" Poor Fred he's having trouble on the table and due to his age cannot seem to get his leg over "

Found it a bit hard to follow on the radio 🤣

I love all the crass comments. The bowlers holding ,the batsmans ....who was it?. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, happy v said:

.....and to lighten the conversation. I love Christmas, all of it. I have even started leaving the sound on so I can hear the adverts.

It takes all sorts !!😊

That's something else to add on the list.

Allsorts.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’d love to join in the discussion on Strictly, but having never, ever watched one single episode or even trailer……….

However, Father Ted….

DW was deleting stuff from the TiVo box....do you want me to keep strictly?....🤮🤮

• Haha 5