P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well today.

A busy week for me this week, I am dreading it.

I have a follow up mammogram appointment this afternoon following my DCIS diagnosis earlier this year, hopefully everything will be ok.

We are moving house this week, packing is getting done tomorrow then they will leave us with the basics until we complete on Friday. I feel very un-prepared

Michelle

I feel for you Michelle, we moved 3 weeks ago and my stress levels went through the roof🤢.

Molly

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The best of luck, Michelle, with all the happenings this week.  I hope there is good news, and a smooth changeover of dwellings.  Don't forget, the very first thing you do in the new house is make up what beds you need that night.  The best advice a friend gave me last time we moved.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

You’re probably right there! I hate any reality shows or so-called celebrity shows so I have no idea who most of the people mentioned in this thread are! I don’t even like celebrity versions of shows that I watch like Bake Off or Sewing Bee. The only exception was Celebrity Across the World because they had another family member with them and I didn’t really know who they were in the first place! 

With you entirely there. If the word ‘celebrity’ appears anywhere in the programme (not ‘show’) description it doesn’t get recorded. Two basic rules for Humax playback - no celebrities and no adverts. Huge timesavers! 

Aren’t they nice people on Bake Off and Sewing Bee though? Hollywood aside.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The best of luck, Michelle, with all the happenings this week.  I hope there is good news, and a smooth changeover of dwellings.  Don't forget, the very first thing you do in the new house is make up what beds you need that night.  The best advice a friend gave me last time we moved.

We are going into an Airbnb for five nights then a Warners break for two nights before our furniture is delivered on 23/12. No cooking this year at Christmas - we are going out

Michelle

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

I have a follow up mammogram appointment this afternoon following my DCIS diagnosis earlier this year, hopefully everything will be ok.

We are moving house this week, packing is getting done tomorrow then they will leave us with the basics until we complete on Friday. I feel very un-prepared

Michelle

I remember we once moved 10 days before christmas, mind you we were only 38 at the time, so still fully fit and raring to go, unlike our creaking joints nowadays.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I remember we once moved 10 days before christmas, mind you we were only 38 at the time, so still fully fit and raring to go, unlike our creaking joints nowadays.

I have the creaking joints for definite. Just sat down with a coffee before I set off to the hospital

Michelle

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

With you entirely there. If the word ‘celebrity’ appears anywhere in the programme (not ‘show’) description it doesn’t get recorded. Two basic rules for Humax playback - no celebrities and no adverts. Huge timesavers! 

PH and Gregg Wallace should make something together,they'd be a win double,lol.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

We had a Celebrity cruise last year. Apart from DW, I didn't recognise anyone.

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 13

Just return from a long weekend in South Wales weather was awful, we stopped at the services at Bridgend on the way down, sat in the car whilst the area was pummelled with extremely strong Will and horizontal rain/sleet which last about 10 mins, when over walked into services saws a number of destroyed umbrellas in bins. 

No much better Saturday or Sunday, with strong winds and rain, our hotel room overlooked a golf course on Sunday morning in a howling gale and pouring rain there were players out on the course at 9am, the sheep in the area were sheltering under shrubs.

Went a concert on Sunday evening with friends who got tickets, we left at interval, as was truly awful, never done that before and we were not the only ones, we counted at least 30 others leaving at same time. A certain German composer will be turning in his grave after this. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 9265359 said:

Well it’s been a glorious day here in Funchal at a very pleasant 25c with a slight breeze to keep the heat down. 

As it is a 9.30pm sailing then off for a stroll these evening for the Christmas lights. 

IMG_0520.jpeg

Enjoy the lights. They are amazing! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just return from a long weekend in South Wales weather was awful, we stopped at the services at Bridgend on the way down, sat in the car whilst the area was pummelled with extremely strong Will and horizontal rain/sleet which last about 10 mins, when over walked into services saws a number of destroyed umbrellas in bins. 

No much better Saturday or Sunday, with strong winds and rain, our hotel room overlooked a golf course on Sunday morning in a howling gale and pouring rain there were players out on the course at 9am, the sheep in the area were sheltering under shrubs.

Went a concert on Sunday evening with friends who got tickets, we left at interval, as was truly awful, never done that before and we were not the only ones, we counted at least 30 others leaving at same time. A certain German composer will be turning in his grave after this. 

You sure you weren't Brahms and Liszt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Enjoy the lights. They are amazing! 

They are - we spent a month down here last year over Christmas and the New Year and we took a stroll out most evenings to see them. 

But the best were in December 2020 in the midst of… when we got down here for a couple of weeks, and then the display down the jetty that sticks out was fabulous. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

Obviously neither of us are on their mailing lists. I don’t know for certain whether this is a conspiracy theory or not, but I heard it on a reputable radio news channel (not BBC) this morning.

At least I knew who Nigel was -- most of the others I had nooooo idea who they were. Probably says more about my age I suppose. To be honest I didn't watch it this time. Have only watched it when it was in beautiful Wales. (I'd say the name of the castle, but I can't spell it!)

I am in shock though re your post  ------ there is actually a reputable radio news channel !!!!! 

• Haha 2

IMG_2986.thumb.jpeg.cd7d8f7321f18d85bcc5a2aaeb9729f7.jpeg

Bought a whole farmed salmon for about £17. 

Filleted it and skinned it ourselves into 12 generous 120g portions... used 2 @£1.40 each. Used half a pack of puff-pastry @ £0.70. Added 1/3 can of asparagus @ £1.00. Add frozen and fresh peas... @ £0.80. Volia!... a generous helping of healthy salmon wellington @ £4.90 for two people... less than £2.50 a head. 

That's the way to do it!

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’m afraid I watch Strictly and I’m a Celebrity.

@Beckett I agree with what you say about the trolling of Layton - no one should have to put up with that.

I like Bobby but that is maybe because I remember seeing photos of him after his Mum Jade Goody died.

Am going to be watching all sorts of rubbish on tv this week as I have Covid (1st time).

I hope you only get mild symptoms Gill and that you recover quickly. Take care of yourself and snuggle down with Freddie.  Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 7

10 hours ago, lincslady said:

Since all the dancers have been so good, and in most cases learned such a lot and obviously worked very hard, it does tend to come down to who the public like most.  I really liked Annabel, and she and Johannes are so genuinely good with and for each other. Bobby is a likeable young lad, and a gorgeous ballroom dancer,  and Ellie is just a northern lass, rather inarticulate but she has become an excellent dancer which she was not at the beginning.  Layton, sadly, does have what appears to be a bit of petulant streak, and obviously if he does not win I fear will put it down to homophobia, which I don't think would actually be the case.

Never fear, a lot of people aren’t voting for Layton as they see him as a ringer.

I want Ellie to win, I couldn’t stand her character on Corrie but she’s so different in real life.

At the end I’ll know if I’m pleased or not who wins but at the moment I’m rooting for Ellie.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Good luck with everything Michelle. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twotravellersLondon said:

IMG_2986.thumb.jpeg.cd7d8f7321f18d85bcc5a2aaeb9729f7.jpeg

Bought a whole farmed salmon for about £17. 

Filleted it and skinned it ourselves into 12 generous 120g portions... used 2 @£1.40 each. Used half a pack of puff-pastry @ £0.70. Added 1/3 can of asparagus @ £1.00. Add frozen and fresh peas... @ £0.80. Volia!... a generous helping of healthy salmon wellington @ £4.90 for two people... less than £2.50 a head. 

That's the way to do it!

Not too healthy for the poor old salmon though.🤔

• Like 1