P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

@Megabear2 Thinking of you today with vicarious excitement. Have the best time.

@Josy1953 So sorry to hear about your sister Josy. I hope scan 2 is more positive. 

@Purdey16 Thanks for the wonderful photos of Tokyo. Enjoy Queen Elizebeth.

@Caullkhead it's a long long drive but willl be so worth it. Have a great time.

To all my other dear friends on CCF - just to let you know I'm taking a break. I'll be back soon and in the meanwhile wish you you all well - good health and happiness and excellent cruising. 

Jane xx

So very considerate of you to post this because it is unsettling at the very least, and often worrying, when regulars just ‘disappear’. I wish you well and hope for a speedy return 😊

• Like 11

We booked another cruise this afternoon, it's a long way off Sept/Oct 2026 but it will be DW big special birthday at that time. We were a bit surprised at the price of the one way flight out to Rome £390 from Manchester (£300 from London) which was added to the overall cruise cost. We could have organised our own flights and saved money (we have done it on long haul cruise flights before) but we just wanted to get it done this time with the cruise line.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Well it's finally here .... today's the day - happy dance!!! 

Mind you, do you think they know I'm coming ....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/flood-chaos-hits-edinburgh-areas-32880570.amp

More heavy rain the forecast for Monday too!  Now who thinks I'd better quickly pack my beautiful yellow wellies?

Might be wise Megabear!  I’m enjoying my last couple of days in Majorca before returning to the good old Glasgow weather 💦

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

So very considerate of you to post this because it is unsettling at the very least, and often worrying, when regulars just ‘disappear’. I wish you well and hope for a speedy return 😊

It is a worry when some of our regulars disappear.

I got Pauline to join CC plus I email a couple of American friends who are on CC who would post if anything happened to me.

We have both been a bit poorly today and lay on the bed watching TV all day.

• Like 13

Well I'm on, no dramas. Very quick boarding due to my priority which always help.  I arrived as the coaches came in. I can confirm no one queued outside, leave luggage and in to check in. Quite a few in there due to the coach but everyone was given a seat - just like the good old days!

Dropped off 1.30pm onboard by 1.50pm.

Interesting lift situation, I'll say no more but I've walked the stairs every time so far, good news for the health coach!  The main thing is so far I love it!  Great inside room, much better than I expected, quiet and very convenient and we'll laid out.  The sun is out, the g&it's are VERY strong and we are just getting underway.  

The adventures begin!

20240524_145936.jpg

20240524_150000.jpg

20240524_154148.jpg

20240524_175309.jpg

20240524_175317.jpg

20240524_175314.jpg

• Like 19

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I got Pauline to join CC plus I email a couple of American friends who are on CC who would post if anything happened to me.

I hope you’re both feeling better tomorrow 🙁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you both soon feel better.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you both feel much better tomorrow.

If you have to be poorly Graham, then I can't think of a better way for you to do it,  lounging in bed all day watching TV with the lovely Pauline.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope you both feel much better tomorrow.

If you have to be poorly Graham, then I can't think of a better way for you to do it,  lounging in bed all day watching TV with the lovely Pauline.

Avril

Thank you Avril.

I hope you and Frank are both well and you get to book a flight to Madeira or somewhere closer to home.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Well I'm on, no dramas. Very quick boarding due to my priority which always help.  I arrived as the coaches came in. I can confirm no one queued outside, leave luggage and in to check in. Quite a few in there due to the coach but everyone was given a seat - just like the good old days!

Dropped off 1.30pm onboard by 1.50pm.

Interesting lift situation, I'll say no more but I've walked the stairs every time so far, good news for the health coach!  The main thing is so far I love it!  Great inside room, much better than I expected, quiet and very convenient and we'll laid out.  The sun is out, the g&it's are VERY strong and we are just getting underway.  

The adventures begin!

20240524_145936.jpg

20240524_150000.jpg

20240524_154148.jpg

20240524_175309.jpg

20240524_175317.jpg

20240524_175314.jpg

Your cabin looks lovely.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 3

Thank you all for the good wishes for my sister, They have decided to keep her in hospital for the moment, she is waiting to be taken for another MRI scan this evening. 

Her son-in-law has just messaged me to let me know that he has taken the grandchildren to visit her this evening because they are understandably upset and worried after losing their mum only 5 months ago so he thinks that it is best to let them see her for a short visit.

DH and I are visiting tomorrow because I think that too many visitors at the same time aren't good for her and I think that it is more important for her son and the 3 grandchildren to visit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you all for the good wishes for my sister, They have decided to keep her in hospital for the moment, she is waiting to be taken for another MRI scan this evening. 

Her son-in-law has just messaged me to let me know that he has taken the grandchildren to visit her this evening because they are understandably upset and worried after losing their mum only 5 months ago so he thinks that it is best to let them see her for a short visit.

DH and I are visiting tomorrow because I think that too many visitors at the same time aren't good for her and I think that it is more important for her son and the 3 grandchildren to visit.

Sending you and your sister our best wishes.

Screenshot_20240524_190008.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Beckett said:

@Megabear2 Thinking of you today with vicarious excitement. Have the best time.

@Josy1953 So sorry to hear about your sister Josy. I hope scan 2 is more positive. 

@Purdey16 Thanks for the wonderful photos of Tokyo. Enjoy Queen Elizebeth.

@Caullkhead it's a long long drive but willl be so worth it. Have a great time.

To all my other dear friends on CCF - just to let you know I'm taking a break. I'll be back soon and in the meanwhile wish you you all well - good health and happiness and excellent cruising. 

Jane xx

I know you are having a break but hopefully you will still read this.

I was just wondering if anyone else is like me in scrutinising everyone on TV to see if their eyebrows are tats! 🙂. I have decided most are. Even the men.

Take care Jane

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My husband is feeling ill today too. Very listless and cold like symptoms. Rest is always best. Take care

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

We both tested negative this morning.

11 minutes ago, happy v said:

My husband is feeling ill today too. Very listless and cold like symptoms. Rest is always best. Take care

Sad to read about your illnesses and Happy V  hubby as well.

Glad to read Graham and Pauline, you  have tested negative .

I remember once I was at a local garage fueling the car and I went all sweaty

and by the time I went into pay for it I was feeling very sick .

I went home did a test but was negative ,so Googled my symptoms...

Turns out I had Carowner virus 😉🙃

Hope you guys recover soon and the same good wishes to @Josy1953 sister.

Take care 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, happy v said:

Thank you.

I hope your husband is feeling better soon too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fairly successful day today,  I raised a complaint about Amazon Delivery regarding driver leaving 2 parcels on front step in full public view rather than our alternative safe place. Noticed from the cameras that he dropped the parcels, never rang the bell and was gone in less than 30 seconds, on the delivery email he had stated that he left in safe place. Amazon took complaint seriously and have passed complaint to fulfilment team and have credited £20 to my account.

Second success was to negotiate my Ancestry subscription renewal, getting a 25% discount for forthcoming year after around 10 mins on phone.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear that you are both feeling poorly. Hope you are both better soon.

Take care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hope you both feel better tomorrow 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1