P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Busy yesterday morning.Checked in on our TUI flight to Budapest monday.Picking up a 11 day river cruise to Frankfurt.Sorted travel ins on Meerkat for cheapo £22 for 2 of us.It's all EU so just went for the cheapest,the Post Office,lol.Booked our rail from Blackfriars to LGW sunday,staying in Premier inn.£15.70 for 2.I then realised I could have booked it £8 cheaper from Croydon East cos our freedom pass goes there.That's a pint of Stella in the PI,never mind.Cheers,Brian.

Looks like you are on the same cruise as us Brian, as we are on Tui Isla Monday from Budapest. We are flying out of Manchester early doors. I don't think we will get tapioca pudding on there, but if the food is as good as our last Tui river cruise then it will be fine. Look forward to seeing you.

• Like 9

It is persisting it down here, typical as we are going out on the lash soon followed by a ruby at the best restaurant in Holmfirth. At least I will get to use my bus pass officially as I only used it previously to get my old codgers discount at Iceland. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning 12.c and it's peeing it down , missing Madeira already .

For those of you into aircraft, here is the approach 05 runway only

certain pilots are qualified to land there.

It's a weird feeling as they drop into the valley ,a quick burst of power

and you are down .

Hope you all have a great day .🙂

Thanks for that post kalos, you've done me a big favour. Frank has always been interested in all types of  aircraft and used to love flying until he had a panic attack on our last flight, and said he'd never fly again, that was 18 years ago. 3 hours ago he watched your video, twice. He has just  watched it again and said he'd like to try another flight. 😲

To say I'm surprised is an understatement.

I think I'll start looking for some short haul holiday destinations and gently ease him into looking at something for 2025. It will give him time to change his mind😉

Avril

• Like 6

1 hour ago, happy v said:

Forget about the clothes and enjoy yourself 

I have a special favourite dress I wear when we go to see Andrea Bocelli in Italy.  Normally I'd never take it on a cruise but in yesterday's repack I took out some other things and put it in.  It must have been meant to be!

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thanks for that post kalos, you've done me a big favour. Frank has always been interested in all types of  aircraft and used to love flying until he had a panic attack on our last flight, and said he'd never fly again, that was 18 years ago. 3 hours ago he watched your video, twice. He has just  watched it again and said he'd like to try another flight. 😲

I think I'll start looking for some short haul holiday destinations and gently ease him into looking at something for 2025. It will give him time to change his mind😉

Avril

Better keep the newspapers out the way and telly turned off today sis,good luck ,bro.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Looks like you are on the same cruise as us Brian, as we are on Tui Isla Monday from Budapest. We are flying out of Manchester early doors. I don't think we will get tapioca pudding on there, but if the food is as good as our last Tui river cruise then it will be fine. Look forward to seeing you.

That's the one.Our only river cruise was the Nile years ago,that was good.They cancelled our Lufthansa early flight from Frankfurt and put us on a later one to LHR.That suits us better for getting home and seeing Frankfurt.See you there,Brian.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Folks you might watch to turn on your televisions for 5pm. Announcement being made from Downing Street.

I am watching the TV.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

I shall avoid any further comments on a subject which is close to my heart but not one for this particular forum.

Onto safer ground, I should not bake because I then eat it? That’s why I am, shall I say, cuddly.

Three feta bites and a large chunk of rocky road!

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Megabear, you've got decks to walk before you think about streetwalking ( in the most appropriate manner of course). I'm thrilled for you that the wonderful Andrea Bocelli is the star of the naming ceremony - a real star no less. No tacky outfits, no showy offy gimmicks - just a truly dignified, gifted man. Fab-u-lous. Jane xx

I cannot believe my luck to be honest.  I waited patiently through the pandemic and beyond and finally got to Marostica in 2022 and last year we made Taormina.  I'll probably cry, I normally do!

• Like 6

Just now, Megabear2 said:

I cannot believe my luck to be honest.  I waited patiently through the pandemic and beyond and finally got to Marostica in 2022 and last year we made Taormina.  I'll probably cry, I normally do!

I’m envious, fabulous voice.

Cry away, music has the power to move the soul. I cry every time I hear Dougie McLean sing the scythe song as it reminds me of my dad.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Mrs K is the person to thank as she kindly gave me the film for CC use .

I will let you into a little secret ,she hates looking out of the windows at very 

low level flight (not good with heights ) So very proud of her for filming this.

We are humbled that this film could help Frank  regain his wings again .

I would suggest that you book a small city break to Dublin or Amsterdam 

as you would be in the air less than one hour and se how Frank feels .

Worst thing that could happen is you end up getting a ferry back .

Our message to Frank is go for it ,happy travels to you and Avril.😀

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

4 July won’t be popular up here. Start of the school holidays and trades holidays.

It's easy to apply for a postal vote, and you dont need to remember your identity card.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It's easy to apply for a postal vote, and you dont need to remember your identity card.

Thanks but I already have a postal vote and have had for many years. This will also be the first election up here that requires ID (not required for Scottish elections).

The issue is that many, many more people will be applying for postal votes given the timing. Not fun or the local councils when coupled with boundary changes.

49 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have had postal votes for the last few years, mostly for local elections as we have often been away when they took place, we always vote in every election.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Oh happy day!  I've just had an email from Cunard to tell me the icing just went on my cake BIG time!!!!  

"We are thrilled to announce the world-renowned Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli will be performing. The maestro will be joined by legendary Liverpudlian TV personality and DJ, Craig Charles who will be teaming up with Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra for a unique collaboration. Craig will keep the party going until the grand finale, when Queen Anne sails away as light falls."

Can't contain the excitement now, my 80's hero Midge Ure on board and now my ultimate present in Andre Bocelli.  

They covered the details for the naming ceremony on tonight’s BBC North West News, including the Andrea Bocelli with the Phil’s orchestra and it sounds like it will be a spectacular event, complete with fireworks. The organisers are expecting a big turnout, so I hope the weather is kind on the day.  The Pier Head with the Liver Building and Cunard building should make a great backdrop for the fireworks.  Hope it’s fabulous for you.  I’ll be watching the coverage.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

No bro, you're not. I love all milk puddings, much to my daughter's disgust.😬 Rice, tapioca ,sago and my favourite, my Mum's macaroni milk pudding😋 I had many a clip round the ear for trying to slurp the milk through a soggy piece of macaroni😁

Sis

+ 1 (well, not the clip round the ear 😉).

Macaroni pudding made by my mum was my favourite too!  I’ve never managed to make it taste the same; I suspect it was the sterilised milk she used, which I don’t think you can get now?  I’ve tried long-life milk as well as full-fat regular milk but it’s not the same. As you sorted me out with my custard tart, do you have any tips for a macaroni pudding 🤞

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Macaroni pudding made by my mum was my favourite too!  I’ve never managed to make it taste the same; I suspect it was the sterilised milk she used, which I don’t think you can get now?  I’ve tried long-life milk as well as full-fat regular milk but it’s not the same. As you sorted me out with my custard tart, do you have any tips for a macaroni pudding 🤞

Add a can of carnation condensed milk

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Do they still do canned stabilised milk, maybe use some of that to replace part of the standard milk?

• Like 2

Good morning.

It is quiet here I hope everyone is well.

It is 11°C misty and damp but for the moment the heavy rain has stopped.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone on here has a happy day.

• Like 8

Good morning. It's grey but clearing here and hopefully we expect intermittent sun at lunch time.  I was up at 4.00am so as there's no one to disturb I did my last two loads of washing which have been happily blowing on the line since 6.15am.

Trying to get my act in order today with the beautician at noon for a couple of hours.  Thankfully the cleaner is coming in tomorrow so when my husband gets back from his Yorkshire travels tomorrow night he'll have no clue of the mayhem I've been creating.

Despite the very best efforts I still have two full suitcases and a carry on bag together with my small backpack.  A last day before leaving scan of the weather websites this morning is showing various levels of rain or showers through next week - our first port is on bank holiday Monday in South Queensferry which looks warmish but with showers.  The only real threat of proper rain is for Inverness and the second week looks relatively good.  Hopefully the dry 21 degrees for Liverpool is going to be correct.  

Just took the opportunity to pay our final balance for our Aurora Scandinavian August cruise whic is due on the 28th.  I hope and pray that the weather for that one doesn't lead to more packing nightmares and sleepless nights!

Have a good day everyone whatever you have planned.

• Like 11