P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We will for next year.

We usually fly Virgin to Orlando later in the year from Manchester but this was from our local airport Newcastle and this was the last Orlando flight out until next May.

2 cruises and a Florida holiday cancelled.

Sorry about your cancelled cruise from Norway today also,I hope you can reschedule too in the new year.

Graham.

I'm glad you can rebook it!

We've had a cruise cancelled and we're choosing to cancel a week at Disneyland Paris in September. Apparently it's opening but lots of restrictions. We were renting a private apartment just outside of the park so we are expecting lose our deposit as it's our choice to cancel. Our Eurotunnel ticket can be used for when we rebook next September but I expect son & daughter will lose their Eurostar ticket money. I'd rather lose money than hate the experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I told you before, Heinz don't want rusty tins..😊

Andy 

Hubby laughed out loud when I read this out ----- I called you a s*d ----- with love and fondness of course ….. ;-)

Brilliant reply ------ made us both laugh so much to be honest.

Have to say that I am a bit worried as I was born in Oct 1963 …….. guess what birthday is looming in October?!  You are giving hubby too much ammo !!!!

Seriously, hope we meet up one day on the old and rusty Oceana or I get to gloat when you book a cruise on her. ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Ahhh the bread and butter pudding. Hubby's favourite on the ship 😉 Have to say we have found that the M&S one is good if all else fails 😉 Hope you aren't feeling too down today. I know that we will on the 12th August when we would have flown out to Malta for an over night stay before our 2 weeks on Oceana. Still, we have lots to be thankful for and know that we will return one day ………… as long as Heinz don't get her first (said it before Andy did !)

Bread & butter pudding was very good 🙂

Yes lots to be thankful for as you say. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hubby laughed out loud when I read this out ----- I called you a s*d ----- with love and fondness of course ….. 😉

Brilliant reply ------ made us both laugh so much to be honest.

Have to say that I am a bit worried as I was born in Oct 1963 …….. guess what birthday is looming in October?!  You are giving hubby too much ammo !!!!

Seriously, hope we meet up one day on the old and rusty Oceana or I get to gloat when you book a cruise on her. 😉

I would love to be looking forward to a cruise on rusty old Oceana, especially with the Presto's...

Sadly, I'm sure she will be the next to go, let's just hope it's not too soon... 

I will be that magic number in 2022, so I won't take the mickey too much... 

Andy 

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I would love to be looking forward to a cruise on rusty old Oceana, especially with the Presto's...

Sadly, I'm sure she will be the next to go, let's just hope it's not too soon... 

I will be that magic number in 2022, so I won't take the mickey too much... 

Andy 

Perhaps I should another thread --- 'If not Oceana which ship?' ........... 

For us Britannia or Azura 🙂

23 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Perhaps I should another thread --- 'If not Oceana which ship?' ........... 

For us Britannia or Azura 🙂

Britannia or Aurora for us, 2 different experiences but we enjoy them both equally. 

Who knows, perhaps Iona will become our new love... 

Andy 

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I'm glad you can rebook it!

We've had a cruise cancelled and we're choosing to cancel a week at Disneyland Paris in September. Apparently it's opening but lots of restrictions. We were renting a private apartment just outside of the park so we are expecting lose our deposit as it's our choice to cancel. Our Eurotunnel ticket can be used for when we rebook next September but I expect son & daughter will lose their Eurostar ticket money. I'd rather lose money than hate the experience.

It is worth asking for a refund they can only say yes or no.

We have had a few non refundable been refunded.

Hopefully your son and daughter will come with you next September.

We have fortunately been and stayed at Disneyland Paris several times and went there in 1992 just after it opened as Euro Disney and agree it won't be the magical same with the restrictions.

TUI cancelled Florida holidays up to December citing they didn't want to spoil a  once in a lifetime experience for people which I can totally understand.

It is worth asking for a refund they can only say yes or no.
We have had a few non refundable been refunded.
Hopefully your son and daughter will come with you next September.
We have fortunately been and stayed at Disneyland Paris several times and went there in 1992 just after it opened as Euro Disney and agree it won't be the magical same with the restrictions.
TUI cancelled Florida holidays up to December citing they didn't want to spoil a  once in a lifetime experience for people which I can totally understand.

The apartment owner knows we want to transfer our booking to next year, she’s waiting to find out, from the company she rents it out through, whether we can transfer our deposit or not. Once that’s confirmed we’ll tackle Eurostar.
It’ll be much better to wait until next year anyway, baby will be a better age, plus my son doesn’t think he’ll be allowed time off in September now. That’s when his company will start working from his London office again rather than home working.
It will all work out eventually and we have nice trips to look forward to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

The apartment owner knows we want to transfer our booking to next year, she’s waiting to find out, from the company she rents it out through, whether we can transfer our deposit or not. Once that’s confirmed we’ll tackle Eurostar.
It’ll be much better to wait until next year anyway, baby will be a better age, plus my son doesn’t think he’ll be allowed time off in September now. That’s when his company will start working from his London office again rather than home working.
It will all work out eventually and we have nice trips to look forward to next year.

Hopefully everything works out okay with the apartment.

I agree you will be much better giving this September a miss.

Next year hopefully will be wonderful for you with all your nice trips planned.

Best wishes to you and your family.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Nowhere is far from anywhere on the Isle of Wight, so it’s far better to pick the closest mainland port than worry about which one you arrive at on the island. If you are coming down the A34 then Southampton is the winner. Lymington is a nightmare because of Lyndhurst traffic (and it’s quite a bit further) and Portsmouth adds a leg of the M27 that can get congested. 

Thanks for the advice Selbourne. You have reinforced my thoughts.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

had their premium airline seats booked both ways on the dreamliner.

Graham - I'm going to be really picky, but at the end of the day it's a bog standard  787, but the Boeing marketing department have hyped it up to make out that it is a far better aircraft than is the case. The Airbus 350 in many ways is a far superior aircraft  from a technical point of view, but does not have a catchy name.

Give me a seat in the 747 bubble any day.

Sorry - rant over.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Graham - I'm going to be really picky, but at the end of the day it's a bog standard  787, but the Boeing marketing department have hyped it up to make out that it is a far better aircraft than is the case. The Airbus 350 in many ways is a far superior aircraft  from a technical point of view, but does not have a catchy name.

Sorry - rant over.

Never been on either a 787 or A350, but isn't the big selling point of the dreamliner its big windows, bigger than the standard ones on the A350?

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Never been on either a 787 or A350, but isn't the big selling point of the dreamliner its big windows, bigger than the standard ones on the A350?

Not that much bigger,  (and it all honestly, how much extra can you see from a slightly bigger window that only 20% of passengers can see out of) but the cc do have the ability to dim all the windows on the 787 so as to try and make the pax fall asleep.

18 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I knew I'd stuck that 'S' in the wrong place. So embarrassing for someone who's never wrong.😶😂.

So how was the swordfish last night? It was last night right, and not tonight? 😞

Sis

Oh no,I wasn't correcting you,just quoting Delboy.Anyway Friday nights swordfish was melt in the mouth.Lovely jubbly.20200626_194525.thumb.jpg.c0fd8521531c3c719d424b80b182adb0.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Bread & butter pudding was very good 🙂

Yes lots to be thankful for as you say. 

Oh,I'm too late.My OH is making a black cherry crumble tonight.I was going to offer a slice swap.Cherry crumble is lovely though.

The wife’s gardening efforts are really paying off now. She works hard at it, loving every minute, and last night an excellent Dover Sole came accompanied by fresh new potatoes, baby carrots and mange touts.  Some fresh mulberries to follow.

I am spoiled!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Oh,I'm too late.My OH is making a black cherry crumble tonight.I was going to offer a slice swap.Cherry crumble is lovely though.

Cherry crumble is my favourite, hot, with cold custard... 

We debate regularly about hot/hot, cold/hot, hot cold... 

Andy 

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I'm a hot rhubarb crumble with vanilla ice cream chap.

• Like 1

Andy 

Ooh any hot crumble/syrup sponge/bread and butter pud with cold custard or ice cream for me

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

They're in season here,I love it also.My OH is not overkeen on b&b pud,that's why I was trying to cadge a slice,lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry - rant over.

We often fly to Florida on a Virgin 747 from Manchester in our winter but the TUI Dreamliner flight was from Newcastle our local airport and much more convenient  for us on October 4th which was the last flight to Orlando till May 2021 from Newcastle.

We have been in premium economy on Virgin 747s so fancied the premium on our first Dreamliner flight.

Sadly TUI have cancelled holidays to Florida until December so we won't be going now.

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

The wife’s gardening efforts are really paying off now. She works hard at it, loving every minute, and last night an excellent Dover Sole came accompanied by fresh new potatoes, baby carrots and mange touts.  Some fresh mulberries to follow.

I am spoiled!

Where does your wife grow her Dover Soles?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4