P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 7/4/2020 at 1:24 PM, grapau27 said:

Pauline went to her hairdresser and I went to my barbers this morning.

We had a McDonald's meal overlooking the sea.

With your healthy diet that must have been a rare treat? I hope it was nice and not one of those occasions where the actual food does not live up to the excited anticipation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

With your healthy diet that must have been a rare treat? I hope it was nice and not one of those occasions where the actual food does not live up to the excited anticipation. 

Fish o filet plus coffee for me.

Pauline had the chips with veggie dippers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

Things feel a bit better.   It’s amazing what a lift a bit of normality brings

1EA2CA12-0F7F-46E6-8787-4F1F434C3EA5.jpeg

I enjoyed my first latte in our local coffee shop today for the first time since lockdown 🙂

11 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s not the booze - just the relaxed normalcy.  I’d have been happy with a lemonade. Not comfortable inside though - I was glad we had a table outside in the sun

I agree.It was the relaxed normality of being able to have my latte in a proper glass rather than a takeaway cup! I did sit inside but tables were spaced far apart -it was too cold to sit outside!

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s not the booze - just the relaxed normalcy.  I’d have been happy with a lemonade. Not comfortable inside though - I was glad we had a table outside in the sun

Arrrgh ..You spilt some ! :classic_wink:

Just a photo of two drinks that you both were happy with and when you think about it the pub staff

and the brewery at long last being able to sell it to you,so a lot of people are happy .

Who would have thought like that last year ?

Lets hope those two drinks are the first of many more .... Cheers !  animated-cheers.gif.a88754f967c2ed66d6d0f0675127e916.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Arrrgh ..You spilt some ! :classic_wink:

Just a photo of two drinks that you both were happy with and when you think about it the pub staff

and the brewery at long last being able to sell it to you,so a lot of people are happy .

Who would have thought like that last year ?

Lets hope those two drinks are the first of many more .... Cheers !  animated-cheers.gif.a88754f967c2ed66d6d0f0675127e916.gif

Jack Stein on LBC this evening saying how happy locals were to see people enjoying themselves in restaurants and pubs. Apparently the proprietors were conferring regarding how they can learn from the weekend to make things even better for their customers. Visitors very welcome by some.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

OMG!  They are all here in Salcombe.  Hundreds of them 😞

Jean, you really do hate tourists, dont you?

How would the local economy survive without them?

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Jean, you really do hate tourists, dont you?

Some , perhaps most of the Southwest are glad to see visitors back again. Salcombe shut the car parks to make it difficult. It seems that Chelsea on sea want to ensure all the local businesses go bust and the local people have go on the dole when furlough finishes in October. No worries I'm sure the Grockles will be happy to pick up the Tab.

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Jean, you really do hate tourists, don't you?

That will be us then.

Each and every one of us who frequent these boards and sail on the ships is a tourist !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kalos said:

That will be us then.

Each and every one of us who frequent these boards and sail on the ships is a tourist !

Of course we are.

But, being a pretentious git, I always like to think of myself as a "traveller" rather than a "tourist". 

Or I did, until the word "traveller " developed unfortunate connotations.  Now I'm a "global explorer". Off to Cleethorpes next week for fish and chips, safe in the knowledge that Jean wont be there complaining about my presence 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Of course we are.

But, being a pretentious git, I always like to think of myself as a "traveller" rather than a "tourist". 

Or I did, until the word "traveller " developed unfortunate connotations.  Now I'm a "global explorer". Off to Cleethorpes next week for fish and chips, safe in the knowledge that Jean wont be there complaining about my presence 😀

Maybe Cleethorpes has no need for a Jean to dissuade people from visiting 😇

• Haha 1

Today I ve seen way too many people on the streets. It seems to me that people are too tired of staying at home, especially with all those riots on the streets. People want to be involved and speak out. I guess that we will be leaving our homes more often now and just enjoy life 

41 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

You might be pleasantly surprised.  Enjoy the fish and chips, Wowzz - Papas?

Indeed.

We normally walk along the prom for a couple of hours first. I'm not worried about the CV19, but am concerned about the availability of loos! Hopefully the one that  takes credit cards will be open. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Of course we are.

We too like to call ourselves travelers. Holidays are for ordinary folk😁. Starts in 13 days when we are off to live in Cornwall for a week. Do we need to put on safety helmets going under the bridges as we pass through Devon?. I hope not, but some of the banners over the A30 at the weekend suggest a few tyres may be in danger. I think I have an RNLI sticker in the car and that Kernow, I'm not a grockle badge 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Maybe Cleethorpes has no need for a Jean to dissuade people from visiting 😇

Never been there, but sounds good. Perhaps a long weekend living there in the Autumn is on. Will I be a grockle?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

OMG!  They are all here in Salcombe.  Hundreds of them 😞

My UK holidays are mostly spent in Yorkshire, where many of the posters on here live. Never seen a single complaint from any of them about tourists. I live in a holiday area but fortunately am not so daft I don't realise that without the "grockles" most of the shops, pubs, restaurants etc. that I enjoy out of season would not exist. 

• Like 7