P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We often fly to Florida on a Virgin 747 from Manchester in our winter but the TUI Dreamliner flight was from Newcastle our local airport and much more convenient  for us on October 4th which was the last flight to Orlando till May 2021 from Newcastle.

We have been in premium economy on Virgin 747s so fancied the premium on our first Dreamliner flight.

Sadly TUI have cancelled holidays to Florida until December so we won't be going now.

Graham, I'm sure you know, but PE on TUI, while not bad, isn't as good as PE on VS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Graham, I'm sure you know, but PE on TUI, while not bad, isn't as good as PE on VS.

£750 extra return for the 2 of us on TUI.

The 2 bigger seats at the front plus first on and off the plane, airport lounge access, security fast pass,better inflight meals and drinks was appealing.

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Oh no,I wasn't correcting you,just quoting Delboy.Anyway Friday nights swordfish was melt in the mouth.Lovely jubbly.20200626_194525.thumb.jpg.c0fd8521531c3c719d424b80b182adb0.jpg

My mouth is watering. Lots of lovely black olives too.That's the way to serve swordfish, not just plonked on a plate. I shall wait patiently for my doggie bag😋

By the way, love the shirt😉

Sis

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

The wife’s gardening efforts are really paying off now. She works hard at it, loving every minute, and last night an excellent Dover Sole came accompanied by fresh new potatoes, baby carrots and mange touts.  Some fresh mulberries to follow.

I am spoiled!

No Harry. Just well looked after by a loving wife. 😉

Avril 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My mouth is watering. Lots of lovely black olives too.That's the way to serve swordfish, not just plonked on a plate. I shall wait patiently for my doggie bag😋

By the way, love the shirt😉

Sis

Cheers,the topping is not a typical Italian thing.Our Anglo/Italian friend last year had just finished chemo from throat cancer and had problems swallowing so he and the chef devised this dish between them.I'm addicted to it now.A lot of those shirts need tucking in now I've lost weight,lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Cheers,the topping is not a typical Italian thing.Our Anglo/Italian friend last year had just finished chemo from throat cancer and had problems swallowing so he and the chef devised this dish between them.I'm addicted to it now.A lot of those shirts need tucking in now I've lost weight,lol.

I think swordfish is better if served with  'something'. My favourite which I do at home is with fried onions and a fried egg topping. Had that in Greece once. Not so good for the diet though. 😆

I've had a close look and I'm going to see if I can replicate yours, because I'm not too hopeful of a doggie bag turning up any time soon 😁

Sis

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

£750 extra return for the 2 of us on TUI.

The 2 bigger seats at the front plus first on and off the plane, airport lounge access, security fast pass,better inflight meals and drinks was appealing.

I think that is a bargain. As you probably know, you dont get lounge access on the return sector. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think that is a bargain. As you probably know, you dont get lounge access on the return sector. 

It doesn't matter now as it is cancelled.

Funny but true story.

The time before last we had lounge access at Orlando International airport.

After a few drinks and a couple of hours the lounge was nearly empty so we went to our gate downstairs.

They had swapped the Manchester and Gatwick gate which were next to each.

We went to what is normally the Manchester gate and boarded the plane.

The captain announced welcome to your flight to Gatwick and we quickly got to the entrance and told the perplexed stewardess what happened.

One of the staff who took our boarding cards took us to the next gate and got us on to the Manchester flight.

After several phone calls with Virgin when we got home explaining the lax security at the boarding gate at Orlando they finally gave us £300 compensation which we used off our next flight.

• Like 2

Afternoon all. We’ve just come back from a lovely family picnic at a local park. It is our son’s 30th birthday today (I feel old!) it was lovely to see our grandson run round with a ball and picking up sticks! Was quite windy but stayed dry. Our grandson also enjoyed the big 30 balloon I’d given our son! 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, DamianG said:

Sorry to hear about your sister but in a way I'm glad that she's been brave and taken matters into her own hands. Things must be really bad for the Head to go as well.

My son started school at our local primary in 2014 and there's been 3 different head teachers in that time. The first headmaster was a bit of a showman but let education standards slip, the next headmaster was a good teacher stepping up for the first time who soon got a better offer, and the last headmistress was a bit of an unusual character who didn't seem comfortable in front of the kids or parents. I looked up her career profile and she seemed to move around regularly in various education positions. She didn't last long at our school at all and nothing good seemed to come from her short stay.

I think the governors at your sister's school will soon realise good headteachers and deputies are hard to come by.

We currently have no head with a lot falling on an inexperienced, newly appointed deputy who is doing a fine job and working long hours judging by the communications and emails we receive some evenings. The staff have all been working full time since March including during holiday weeks when the key workers children have still been going in. The only exceptions are those that have had to self isolate at times.  School will be closed for the long summer holidays and they thoroughly deserve the break. 

Thank you Damien. It will be interesting to see what she does next. I think the Head going spurred her on - she’s been acting Head before and she misses the interaction with the children in that role. She said the Governors were ok with her ( but bullying the Head) but she couldn’t work in that “toxic atmosphere “ anymore.

Such a shame she’s such a hard working and popular teacher who’s been in constant employment for 30 years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all. We’ve just come back from a lovely family picnic at a local park. It is our son’s 30th birthday today (I feel old!) it was lovely to see our grandson run round with a ball and picking up sticks! Was quite windy but stayed dry. Our grandson also enjoyed the big 30 balloon I’d given our son! 

Did you have wine with your picnic? When you shouted SIT, if he dropped his ball and stick it may not have been your grandson at all😁🐕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Did you have wine with your picnic? When you shouted SIT, if he dropped his ball and stick it may not have been your grandson at all😁🐕

What!

Sorry my comment could be construed as a bit rude

I meant to say: What!

Edited by mercury7289
RE-WORKED