P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

22 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You guys wouldn't like sitting next to me.I make a bacon buttie and dip it in my yoke,toms and beans.

You are not alone... someone in this house has cooked breakfast at weekends.  Never eats whole fried eggs, he just makes a bacon sandwich and dips his sandwich in.  He leaves the rest of the eggs!  I haven't seen him doing it in the buffet....YET!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You guys wouldn't like sitting next to me.I make a bacon buttie and dip it in my yoke,toms and beans.

Don't forget the slice of dry bread to clean the plate up :classic_love:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

You are not alone... someone in this house has cooked breakfast at weekends.  Never eats whole fried eggs, he just makes a bacon sandwich and dips his sandwich in.  He leaves the rest of the eggs!  I haven't seen him doing it in the buffet....YET!

I don't waste anything.The secret is a table for 2.

• Like 1

Although it would be nice  to meet you, Brian, I certainly would not wish to share your breakfast table.  And before you reply, I feel sure the feeling would be mutual.  Much safer to have your table for two for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

I don't look at the meals photos as i admit i find them somewhat nauseating, hope i dont offend 🤞

Medical issues complicates matters again. Yesterday morning I had my 2 year delayed diabetes review. All OK except a slightly raised red blood cell sugar count. Prostate problem also discussed and OK for another year. However the doppler check on my foot blood supply showed that I have an irregular heartbeat, crikey. Had an ECG at the local hospital yesterday afternoon, wires everywhere but they let me go home saying nothing there that would make them keep me in. Dropped the ECG traces into the doctors on the way home and mentioned that I need to discuss because of travel insurance.  I have a fly cruise booked for late September and another for November

Sorry to hear this Dave and I hope everything turns out well for you and the insurance company is understanding in this and continue to keep you insured with them for your upcoming holiday.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,flying back to Italy tomorrow for 60 days and driving back in October.Our Russian neighbours are there at the moment,which is good cos they owe us 500 Euro.They support you know who so will do my best Basil Faulty impression and not mention the war.Should be OK as we do get on with them.

Safe journey tomorrow Brian and enjoy Italy and make sure you get your euros back cause that’s lots of pasta & pizza money 😋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I don't like eating off slate or matt glazed plates, it's like finger nails down a blackboard to me when cutting onto it. Also things like prawn cocktail or ice cream in a stainless steel bowl using a metal spoon. I guess I'm weird!!

Your not alone ,  can't stand glass tables with cups glasses etc scraping table surface .

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Although it would be nice  to meet you, Brian, I certainly would not wish to share your breakfast table.  And before you reply, I feel sure the feeling would be mutual.  Much safer to have your table for two for everyone.

True story.On Diamond Princess sailing out of Dunedin NZ everyone missed the famous Albatross nest cos of fog.Next morning at sea on the way to Tasmania sitting at our 2 top by the window at the stern.2 Albatross appeared at the window looking at my brekkie,I don't think they were impressed either.They flew on to someone eating croissants I think.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Personally the only thing I dislike is when someone blows their nose in a restaurant when people are eating.

Everyone looked out the window for the fog when I did that.

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Graham

Would you rather they use the sleeve of their dinner jacket to wipe their nose?

😂😇

Just do what I do and go outside the restaurant where no one is eating if I ever need to blow my nose.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kalos said:

It's the way of the world, now little jugs and pots seem to be the norm ,sometimes you 

don't even get a plate ,some old roof tile or chopping board instead .

When we are away the cooked breakfasts always seem to come with a pot of beans.

Now I don't know about you lot but when it's like that ,no messing about for me ,they

get  tipped onto the plate .Some like to dip and dab at them and that's ok .

Some cooked breakfasts come with "vegetation" that looks pretty, what is that stuff?

I have nicknamed it pond weed  and I never eat it anyway.

As said by others lets be thankful we can have nice meals to eat.

Have a nice day everyone:classic_love:

I don't do beans but totally agree with you. When chips (triple-cooked of course...) come in that little mesh basket they get tipped out onto the plate straight away. Also, when all the food is piled up on top of each component, I immediately 'deconstruct' it so that I can actually eat it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Dinner last night.

IMG_20220804_190206.jpg

IMG_20220804_190231.jpg

IMG_20220804_194729.jpg

IMG_20220804_194741.jpg

I'm sure it was all lovely but proves my point. What is the point of putting the fish on top of the chips? You only have to move it to cut into it and get at the chips...🤔🤪

Something else I will never understand is salad garnish with hot food... Veg with hot food please and salad garnish with cold...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My American and Canadian friends love food pictures and always ask for more pictures.

I can't cook and Pauline is not keen on cooking so we go out a lot.

Hopefully it helps the UK hospitality industry.

Breakfast this morning.

IMG_20220805_091721.jpg

Sometimes I think I should have been born at least 50 years before I was 😂. No offence to others that look at it differently but really just don't get the obsession of taking and looking at food photos... I could maybe just about understand if it was something absolutely unusual or spectacular...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Sometimes I think I should have been born at least 50 years before I was 😂. No offence to others that look at it differently but really just don't get the obsession of taking and looking at food photos... I could maybe just about understand if it was something absolutely unusual or spectacular...

Today's lunch Cumberland Sausage.

Some people enjoy food photos.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220805_160112.jpg

Screenshot_20220805_160032.jpg

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Totally accept others enjoy them Graham - still don't understand it though...😁😂

No problem Andrew.

I try to post to please or help people and friends on RC and HAL love food photos.

I get numerous lovely comments on the food photos 

Graham 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1