P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I was appalled when I read your first post, relieved he is an imposter. Although I retired from the police many years ago, I am always angry when I read of police offers behaving badly.

My niece, who just completing her first year, went to her car at the weekend, parked in the police car park. She saw that the drivers side was badly scratched and dented. There was no note on her windscreen so she saw the duty sergeant. A check of CCTV revealed a fellow officer reversing next to her car, hitting it, getting out, having a look at the damage and driving off !  Needless to say he is in deep trouble, and will be lucky to keep his job. What is incredulous is he must have known the car park was well covered with CCTV. The police service is better off without his sort.

Back in the 80s I was on the Met trading service.I met a few characters installing their heating.One bloke was in the DPG and loved a drink shall we say.At 8 in the morning he'd have his vino brekkie and ride to work on his moped,collect his gun and guard an embassy somewhere.He said he had fell off his moped a few times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I cancelled an Iona cruise at the end of May, as we weren’t feeling any enthusiasm. The deposit was overpaid, so we were due a refund - we originally booked in Oct 2019 for a much longer cruise, and we had moved it twice. 

Anyway, the refund was finally received this morning, after some fairly intense chasing over the last week. It really shouldn’t be that difficult to get your money back, and the weird thing is, that, in this day and age, a two and a half month wait for a refund doesn’t seem that bad!

However, the upshot of it all is that I won’t use that particular travel agent again, as they used to be spot on with service and have deteriorated a lot over the last two and a half years.

I don’t want to rule out P&O completely, but wouldn’t consider them again until the onboard experience is more reliable and their shoreside customer service is drastically improved. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Back in the 80s I was on the Met trading service.I met a few characters installing their heating.One bloke was in the DPG and loved a drink shall we say.At 8 in the morning he'd have his vino brekkie and ride to work on his moped,collect his gun and guard an embassy somewhere.He said he had fell off his moped a few times.

I knew a few in CID who liked a nip of whisky with their  morning tea before they started work.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, brian1 said:

My OH's birthday today.Our Russian neighbours surprised her with flowers and cakes.Their 4 year old girl sang happy birthday in English.The world is not all bad.699487288_IMG_20220809_134917387621.thumb.jpg.bcd126258484c5606bf4e5100c93cee3.jpg

Happy birthday to your dear wife Brian.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

2B4BB12E-A7A2-456E-BB76-2B9153AD8B02.thumb.jpeg.a7478ef057e4dae0d85daaa89306e582.jpegmy eldest ds buys Lego from EBay big batches of it & sorts it into sets. Drives me mad, however just spotted this in his rubbish pile!! 

Quick find out the itineray you small ship guys.

• Haha 8

We are watching Celebrity  Mastermind and Sam Quek was asked asked what is dip stick used for and my darling husband just fell about laughing because before we were married I had a problem with my car.  I  rang him and he came and picked it up from my office car park.  A little later he rang me and asked "Where is the dipstick  ?"  My reply was " In the boot", I had pulled it out to check the oil but couldn’t find the hole to put it back into so threw it in the boot.  It has been a source of amusement for male members of our families ever since.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I'm usually a very happy go lucky person but this is not my week is it.  What with the crash and everything

Little Lexy the cat, an adorable little soul, who sat on our feet every night.. she was limping so Vet took Xrays and while she was under he removed a large benign lump from her neck. Today she suddenly lost the use of her legs so Brian took her  back to the vets.  The vet rang me and said it was her spine, they suspected the worst and there were no pulses in her feet, so we had to let her go. ..I couldn't say goodbye because I wasn't there and that really hurts.

Tomorrow it must be onwards and upwards and get packing...

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 10

42 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I'm usually a very happy go lucky person but this is not my week is it.  What with the crash and everything

Little Lexy the cat, an adorable little soul, who sat on our feet every night.. she was limping so Vet took Xrays and while she was under he removed a large benign lump from her neck. Today she suddenly lost the use of her legs so Brian took her  back to the vets.  The vet rang me and said it was her spine, they suspected the worst and there were no pulses in her feet, so we had to let her go. ..I couldn't say goodbye because I wasn't there and that really hurts.

I hope that you are feeling  OK, I know that I haven't  been  able to consider another cat or dog since our dog and cats died.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I'm sorry to hear your news about Lexy the cat.

7b2aa82b258e14f703d8d77c636097a4.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry to hear your new about your cat. Pets always leave a hole in our hearts.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

So sorry to hear this 

• Like 2

On a happier note,  we are leaving Thursday for Southampton then jumping ship and going for a scenic ride up the Fjords on Bolette.  It a small ship but people say its  very nice. Got loads of jumpers ready but they are having a bit of a heatwave too.. in the 70s apparently so it will be layers, just in case.

That should blow our cobwebs away!

• Like 12

Sorry for your loss

I’m still missing my furry boys who left us earlier in the year

Enjoy your holiday - and beware incoming cats on your return.  There’s some feline network which makes just the right one appear at just the right time

In the 2007 we decided to go on a family cruise to Norway in August after some hot summer cruises. Well it was really cold, one port of call was 4c and sleeting! and it wasn't that far up Norway. We are on a Iceland and Norway cruise next August on Arcadia I hope it isn't' that cold, although my wife doesn't do excessive heat and after skin cancer problems recently I try and stay out of the sun or cover up.

• Like 1

Good morning.

It is currently 22°C and sunny.

Pauline and her work colleagues are currently attending a church funeral service for one of their colleagues who died aged 56.

It is so sad and why we all should enjoy every day as best we can.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 12